It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Looks like Japan only bought the yarn Yoshi because yarn Yoshi, given how poorly Woolly World sold there. :(

Given that Mario characters are still selling and Daisy got a Mario Maker costume, it's time for another wave of SMB Amiibo. Should include Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette, Wario, Waluigi, and DK.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Japan doesn't even care about the two versions of Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi. Why would they push more SMB amiibo when aside from maybe Mario, they haven't had any major demand this far?

They'd have more business sense to push out Callie and Marie (and I don't even like them) and probably other AC hits like more varieties of the most adorable Isabelle and Digby, Tom Nook etc.

Japan isn't the only area getting Amiibo? Besides, every Amiibo still sells well, these are just the top ten selling in each region. Also, stock for pretty much all the Mario characters is low now because restocks focused mainly on Amiibo that were once rare. I don't see many Smash Mario characters OR SMB Amiibo anymore. That's hint enough that they've all sold well.

They'd have more business sense to push out Callie and Marie (and I don't even like them)

Why can't they and SMB wave 2 be revealed/produced at the same time? I never said it wouldn't be smart to release those as well, I just didn't bring it up because I still have zero interest in Splatoon.

Releasing more AC Amiibo would be stupid. They're not selling here at all. I see them EVERYWHERE and the store I work at is flooded with AC 3-packs while everything else is gradually being sold.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, stock for pretty much all the Mario characters is low now because restocks focused mainly on Amiibo that were once rare. I don't see many Smash Mario characters OR SMB Amiibo anymore. That's hint enough that they've all sold well.

Really? Over here you can buy every Mario series amiibo (sans Smash Rosalina and Gold Mario) if you look around a bit. Chances are you'll find them all at first try. Even Silver Mario is still around.

Really? Over here you can buy every Mario series amiibo (sans Smash Rosalina and Gold Mario) if you look around a bit. Chances are you'll find them all at first try. Even Silver Mario is still around.

I haven't seen a single Silver Mario, Smash Mario, or Smash Bowser in months. The place I work is the only place I ever see any Smash Luigi or Peach. But then again, you're in Chile and I'm in the US, so stock is bound to be pretty different where you are.

Edited by Anacybele

5trws4.jpg

Vt2sta.jpg

FqeneN.jpg

ktE15D.jpg

v7Mn9d.jpg

Fp9m6E.jpg

Custom Amiibos 38.99

8xr8yn.jpg

zYzGYR.jpg

6O3oM7.jpg

ybUAgQ.jpg

29XDmw.jpg

OC5N7o.jpg

35erBb.jpg

1k1O6H.jpg

GepvSZ.jpg

mRQqaM.jpg

tkGcXk.jpg

Mewtwo and Lucas 12.96 each free shipping on all! amazon.com. Roy is coming on the 18th! :D

*sigh*

I just looked at the DLC list for Fates on the Nintendo website, and I discovered, to my horror, that they elected to make all the amiibo units' classes... available as DLC.

I can think of SO many reasons why this was a terrible idea.

First, with the amiibo unable to socialize and thus incapable of using heart seals, buddy seals or marriage seals, literally the only things they have going for them are their special weapons and the unique classes they have. Making these available to other units makes them objectively the worst units in the game, which is a huge slap in the face to somebody like me who bought all four of them out of a desire to use them in IS games.

Second, this sizeably skews the gender balance from essentially totally equal to favoring male units, because all of the amiibo units' classes are only accessible by units of the same gender as them. This means that this decision adds 3 classes for men and 1 for women. This in the game where one of its many notable features is completely getting rid of gender-exclusive classes in the normal game to begin with and allowing female fighters and male pegasus knights. Seriously, what the hell?

Third, adding on to point 2, what the hell is wrong with them making the grandmaster class male exclusive? How hard would it have been to port the female model over from Awakening? It's not like the others where making it gender-neutral would require work to design alternate forms, no, it would be utterly trivial as far as I can tell, and all the work had already been done, they just needed to take it! Robin isn't supposed to have a canonical gender. Settling on one or the other for the amiibo of Robin themself was arguably a necessary evil, but to then go and make Robin's class exclusive to men... ugh. It's so disgustingly lazy I can hardly believe it.

The amount of hype I've had for this game all year is so immense that not even this boneheadedness can cool me off from it, but seriously, I've got half a mind to just pretend the amiibo class change items don't exist for the sake of balance and keeping my amiibo relevant.

snip

Maybe the Corrin amiibo will be female and give something for females making it 3 to 2 which is as fair as it's going to get at max unless Roy gets capability and an exclusive class then it's back to 4 to 2. That said it does seem silly not to give the amiibo characters something special considering they're basically $13 DLC for a single inferior character. Giving them an full skillset exclusive to them, a unique class, and unique weapons shouldn't really be too much to ask given their price tag and even with all that they'd really not be as good as the other units anyway so I don't see the harm it giving them some special treatment. Letting them interact with Corrin would have been a nice bonus addition for the amiibo characters as well, they could even mention being in smash together as a tongue and cheek sort of joke like they did in Kid Icarus and Pit.

I'm with you on it feeling a bit lack luster, but at the same time I wasn't actually expecting much.

As for pretending they didn't exist I liked to keep people in their native class lines in Awakening so I basically did that with the exception of allow the characters the skills from the DLC class and letting Donnely be a Dread Fighter since Villager didn't have a promote, so I'm with you on that as well, but to be honest I probably won't use the Amiibo characters anyway, I didn't use the Streetpass characters in Awakening.

Edited by Dwlr

Now that I've moved back into my house, I've finally counted all my Amiibo again, and I have 38! 39 if you count the Dr. Mario I ordered from Target earlier using a gift card from Christmas. :)

Oh, and then the Wolf Link that's coming with TP HD will make 40! Wooow, I got a lot. Some people have every single one that's been released though, and that's A LOT.

there's the perfect amount of space for all the FE amiibo, lol

Anyways with my new Ryu preorder, I'll be done with Smash the line. Unless I can somehow get my hands on a Mii Bralwer...

• 3 weeks later...