It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local chain toy store was having an awesome sale on Amiibos (about half off), and thanks to restocks, I was finally able to pick up Palutena, Robin, and Rosalina. I also got one for Isabelle, even though I've never played an Animal Crossing game in my life, solely because I like racing as her in 200cc MK8 and pretending that her little nonsense language is her constantly swearing at all of the other racers.

Still haven't had any luck finding Marth, though. I might have to give in and just order him from somewhere at this point.

A local chain toy store was having an awesome sale on Amiibos (about half off), and thanks to restocks, I was finally able to pick up Palutena, Robin, and Rosalina. I also got one for Isabelle, even though I've never played an Animal Crossing game in my life, solely because I like racing as her in 200cc MK8 and pretending that her little nonsense language is her constantly swearing at all of the other racers.

Still haven't had any luck finding Marth, though. I might have to give in and just order him from somewhere at this point.

Wait, the Robin, Palutena, and Rosalina amiibos got restocked and also, what store did you picked up those three amiibos at?

Plus, I did find the Robin amiibo shown in Amazon, but some of them were expensive.

Robin and Palutena were from Intertoys. The Rosalina I actually found at a different location, Mediamarkt. I've actually seen a few Robins floating around recently but waited until the sale to snatch him up. I didn't see Palutena or Rosalina until just this past weekend, though. They also had Lucinas which I hadn't seen at all here, but I ended up ordering her online back around release from a UK shop.

Wow, how disappointing. It's been longer since we've last had a wave of SMB Amiibo, they should've come first. Where're Daisy, Toadette, Rosalina, DK, and Wario? Especially those first two since they don't have any Amiibo for any series at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Splatoon is still selling thousands per week in Japan. Mario Maker isn't. Mario Kart isn't. Smash isn't. Splatoon is the main reason people are buying Wii Us in Japan.

Then again, I know you're disappointed because you don't like Splatoon.

The recolored Inklings and Squid with the same functionality as the currently released Inklings/Squid. Callie and Marie give you music videos.

I've already cleared off space for Callie and Marie. I won't be getting the recolors but I need the Squid Sisters on my shelf.

Edited by Squid Lord Doof

I haven't even played Splatoon (sadly not my kind of game as much as I appreciate it from a theoretical perspective), but I love the look of those new amiibo. I bought one of the earlier squid chick amiibo too, mostly just because I like the design (I have a thing for sea creatures, especially octopuses and squid).

Callie and Marie are Day 1. The recolored Inklings are really nice but I'll probably hold off for a while since I'm running out of space. I'll definitely get them eventually.

I'm honestly surprised Callie & Marie didn't come out earlier. They were among the most requested amiibo for a long time.

Splatoon is still selling thousands per week in Japan. Mario Maker isn't. Mario Kart isn't. Smash isn't. Splatoon is the main reason people are buying Wii Us in Japan.

Then again, I know you're disappointed because you don't like Splatoon.

Duh, I don't like it, but that's not the only reason. I'm not entirely biased against it. I knew Callie and Marie were eventually coming a long time ago. I just didn't at all expect that it'd be before another wave of Mario Amiibo. That's all.

I still feel this is a dumb move on Nintendo's part, but obviously, there's nothing to be done about it. It's also just annoying how long some of us are waiting for new Amiibo that we'd actually get. It feels like we've been waiting forever. Especially after Mario Party 10 teased that there would be SMB Rosalina, DK, and Wario at least. But we haven't seen them yet. If we don't get them, then Nintendo really screwed around with their fans.

Edited by Anacybele

We didn't get Mario wave 2 because Mario Party 10 bombed.

They're never going to come.

(though I wish they would because I collect Mario and Mario subseries amiibo)

They are releasing the Callie and Marie amiibos now, because it coincides with the Live Shows that they perfomed this week in Japan, so they are taking advantage of Callie and Marie craze.

Edited by Water Mage

We didn't get Mario wave 2 because Mario Party 10 bombed.

They're never going to come.

(though I wish they would because I collect Mario and Mario subseries amiibo)

And Mario Party 10 isn't the only game that uses Mario series Amiibo.

Mario Party 10 didn't really bomb, it sold over 1.75 million copies. The big problem with the Mario amiibo series is that it's mostly redundant with all the characters except Toad already having figures. Add in that there is so much Mario merchandise available it really wasn't compelling yet. I think with the NX and when Mario games get wheeled out for it we'll see an expansion to the Mario line.

Daisy and Toadette wouldn't be redundant though, they have little merchandise and no Amiibo so far. And Rosalina is really popular. DK and Wario though, they might feel redundant, I'll give you that.

I agree that Daisy, Toadette, and Waluigi would make good figures, but with them missing Mario Tennis there really isn't a need for them until Mario Kart 9 or whatever the next sports game brings.

American trailer of the Squid Sisters amiibo:

Nice to see NoA releasing them the same week as Japan. Callie & Marie are so popular they definitely deserve the global release.

I agree that Daisy, Toadette, and Waluigi would make good figures, but with them missing Mario Tennis there really isn't a need for them until Mario Kart 9 or whatever the next sports game brings.

I still don't get why they missed Mario Tennis... The Amiibo functionality in that game is a lot like Smash's, so it feels like a slap in the face to fans of those characters who play that game.

I still don't get why they missed Mario Tennis... The Amiibo functionality in that game is a lot like Smash's, so it feels like a slap in the face to fans of those characters who play that game.

yeah, but Mario Tennis was a filler title for 2015, that got overwhelmingly negative press for having so little content

also those new color inklings seem kind of redundant, unless they unlock BRAND NEW missions and gear

Edited by Captain Karnage

yeah, but Mario Tennis was a filler title for 2015, that got overwhelmingly negative press for having so little content

also those new color inklings seem kind of redundant, unless they unlock BRAND NEW missions and gear

I think it's extremely likely that they have the same functionality than the previous Inkling set.

But hey, recolors of popular amiibo are easy money from fans of those characters. Mario, Mega Man, ROB, Yarn Yoshi and Mega Mario all got multiple color variants.

• 1 month later...