It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

My work still has a lot of Zelda and Peach and a nice amount of Yoshi. lol

I didn't see Zelda in any of the other stores I was recently in though.

As for the set 4 characters, here are my predictions:

- Robin

- Charizard

- Palutena

- Olimar

- Pac-Man

- Greninja

- Zero Suit Samus

They're the only default characters that have not been announced, I think. If unlockable ones are added, I'm going to guess Bowser Jr. and Wario will be added, Bowser Jr. because he's only unlockable in the 3DS version. And Wario because he's Wario. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the set 4 characters, here are my predictions:

- Robin

- Charizard

- Palutena

- Olimar

- Pac-Man

- Greninja

- Zero Suit Samus

I sure hope this is Wave 4! I'd hate for Nintendo to split it up into two different waves. It'd be all right, I guess, as long as ZSS is in Wave 4 :P:

But I'd also add Lucina there. True, she is unlockable, but she was also revealed BEFORE release, unlike all the other unlockables.

Yeah, but I don't know if Nintendo will do two FE characters in the same set and Robin ought to come first because he/she's a default character and was the bigger reveal in the Robin/Lucina trailer.

I agree that Lucina has a possibility of popping up in wave 4, as well as Ganondorf, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr. (Lucina and Ganondorf having the best chances of this happening, in my opinion)

I will post VICTORY PICTURES if I manage to get the Pit and Falcon.

"YES!" Please do~

Nintendo also put two Kirby characters on Wave 3, so I wouldn't put it past them to put both Robin and Lucina on Wave 4.

I'll also add Ganondorf and Ness are good possibilities for Wave 4.

Robin will probably get released in 4, I agree.

Probably the rest of the standard characters and a few secret characters.

If Lucina gets released too I might pick her up, although i'm unsure because she's the only FE character I don't use in smash, so..

I don't even get by Mariotehplumber would do that with the Robin amiibo. I don't understand what he has against one of the best Nintendo game series.

Thank you for clarifying. I just don't understand jokes that well

Wait, you mean he's also spite-buying Marth and Ike as well? From the 3rd wave, I only read about him spite-buying Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, and Meta Knight. There was no mention of Ike.

Wait, you mean he's also spite-buying Marth and Ike as well? From the 3rd wave, I only read about him spite-buying Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, and Meta Knight. There was no mention of Ike.

All the exclusive retailer amiibos? Seriously?

At least I successfully pre-ordered a Shulk amiibo that's scheduled to ship in early February. No one's sabotaging my mail carrier today! Ever!

Also, I am like, the only person who had trouble finding a Yoshi amiibo?

It took me forever to find one.

Like none of the stores around here had any and I only found one very recently.

The one time I saw one it was a defect; you could freely move it when it was in its case. I somehow got the impression people weren't going to buy an upside down Yoshi, so I spent a good two minutes or so in the store shaking the box gently in an attempt to try and get the base in its intended spot. I eventually did, though it was in no way secure

I got a Villager Amiibo a couple of days ago. Looks pretty good. My biggest concern about ordering one online was that the gap in between his eyes was going to be too large, but this Amiibo doesn't have that problem. He is, however, wearing odd socks. I might post a picture later, alongside my Marth and Fox

Edited by DodgeDusk

Lol, that guy thinking he's actually making a difference to the availability of certain amiibos because he's buying a hundred of them. He must be mentally ill to even think that what he's doing will make any sort of difference. He can probably afford it all because his disability allowance allows him to.

I was able to pick up a Zelda while I was in the States; the others I wanted weren't available yet. I had to look through them to find one with a good face, but I was very pleased! I don't even use Zelda in SSB, but I'm fond of Zelda as a character and it's a nice figure. It was also great to be able to pick it up for the equivalent of €10 instead of the €15 that Amiibos retail for here.

Next up is to get Ike and Rosalina. Ike I do actually play and Rosalina I would like to try once I get decent at Robin and Lucina. It seems like Amiibos are not as in high of a demand here, so I'm not sure if I should pre-order to make sure I can get both and risk getting one that's maybe not as nice, or if I should risk it and see if I can find them in stores where I can pick the one I get. Decisions, decisions. Regardless, I'm happy to see that it seems Rosalina (And probably the others, too) is not limited by store here in Europe like they were in the States.

I was able to pick up a Zelda while I was in the States; the others I wanted weren't available yet. I had to look through them to find one with a good face, but I was very pleased! I don't even use Zelda in SSB, but I'm fond of Zelda as a character and it's a nice figure. It was also great to be able to pick it up for the equivalent of €10 instead of the €15 that Amiibos retail for here.

Next up is to get Ike and Rosalina. Ike I do actually play and Rosalina I would like to try once I get decent at Robin and Lucina. It seems like Amiibos are not as in high of a demand here, so I'm not sure if I should pre-order to make sure I can get both and risk getting one that's maybe not as nice, or if I should risk it and see if I can find them in stores where I can pick the one I get. Decisions, decisions. Regardless, I'm happy to see that it seems Rosalina (And probably the others, too) is not limited by store here in Europe like they were in the States.

Europe in general has a huge supply of amiibos and a lot of the smash bros accessories because there is a lack of interest in Nintendo products. A friend of mine in poland who works at the store has tons of gamecube adaptors and all of the rare amiibos all in stock all at retail prices. Amiibos just don't sell as quickly as the North American market.

Next up is to get Ike and Rosalina.

All pre-orders for the Gamestop near me are sold out.

Pre-orders.

They've confirmed for that matter none of the new ones will be available when they come out.

This counts Shiek, Ike, etc...

Looks like I'll have to find other means.

Pre-orders for the next wave Amiibos are available here for all characters, and the website that I looked at to find that info also still has Marth Amiibos available for order as well. I had poor luck trying to find a GC controller adapter, though. When I was looking in December before I left on holiday, every place around was sold out with no clue when they'd be back in stock, though I haven't had a chance to check since then.

With the new new Amiibos, I'm kind of sad that Robin is only available in male form, but I'd kind of figured it would happen. I'll still probably pick one up, since Robin has been my main character in Smash4 so far.

Time to preorder Robin. ^^

I'm disappointed that there's no Daisy Amiibo in the Super Mario series though. But then again, I didn't get my hopes up that high since she's mostly hated. :(

I'll be getting Luigi again though. lol I can't resist new Luigi figures!

Edited by Anacybele

Oh man, all the new amiibo news presented in the Nintendo Direct is really exciting~ I honestly wasn't expecting Wario for wave 4, but it seems like they wanted to include him so he could be used in Mario Party 10. I think the same goes for Robin/Lucina for Code Name Steam. Very hype though, I'll be preordering both Wario and Lucina for sure~

I'm disappointed that there's no Daisy Amiibo in the Super Mario series though. But then again, I didn't get my hopes up that high since she's mostly hated. :(

I'll be getting Luigi again though. lol I can't resist new Luigi figures!

I wonder if amiibos for characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, etc. will be released eventually in the Super Mario series . I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I know that feel, I'll definitely be getting the new Super Mario Peach amiibo to go along with my Smash one, for collection purposes and since I don't want to have to erase my Smash data to use it with Mario Party. ;_;

Pre-orders for the next wave Amiibos are available here for all characters, and the website that I looked at to find that info also still has Marth Amiibos available for order as well. I had poor luck trying to find a GC controller adapter, though. When I was looking in December before I left on holiday, every place around was sold out with no clue when they'd be back in stock, though I haven't had a chance to check since then.

With the new new Amiibos, I'm kind of sad that Robin is only available in male form, but I'd kind of figured it would happen. I'll still probably pick one up, since Robin has been my main character in Smash4 so far.

Where's the link?

Where's the link?

It's a Dutch retailer called GameMania. The Amiibo page of their website can be found here. They don't have Wave 4 pre-orders open yet, but pre-orders are available for all of the Wave 2 and 3 figures.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my own Ike today; now he and Zelda are friends. I looked at all the ones they had in store (~5?) and picked my favourite, though none of them were particularly bad, not like some of the Zeldas I saw in the States. They had all the other Wave 3s, too, except for Rosalina (sadface.jpg) and Toon Link, though 2 of the stores I went to first didn't have any of the Wave 3s out. I might just end up ordering her online. Ike and Lucina are mainly the ones I really want, though, so I'm glad I was abel to pick him up with no troubles.

Man, I still have to wait until Sunday for my Ike and Toon Link (and Rosalina if I get to Target early enough). >_<

I want my Ike sooo bad! The long wait for an official Ike figure has been so hard, yet the release still feels so far away. And yet, I wasn't thinking that any version of Ike besides his PoR Ranger design had a chance at getting a figure. But RD Ike, my favorite design, got picked! Oh how insanely ecstatic this has made me!