It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Yeah, RD Ike is my favourite version, too, so I'm really glad they went with that design. I'm actually rather impressed with how well he turned out, too, despite being a mass-produced $/€15 figure that's mostly sold as a gaming accessory.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought he turned out pretty good too aside from the skinny waistline. I mean, I know Ike is fairly slim there, but he's not THAT slim geez. But I can excuse one little error. :P

Besides, I was still not expecting anything more than a PoR Ike figure if Ike ever got official figures, and that would've made me happy enough. So I'm more than grateful for RD Ike!

Rosalina looks like she'll be pretty common.

From what I'm hearing a lot of Targets are getting like, 30ish of her, so.

I'll post my current collection once Sunday comes around and I can grab a Rosie.

EDIT: Well, it's not for certain really, but it seems like most Targets will get a good starting stock, at the very least.

Edited by Sophie

I know that Shulk's been delayed at my GameStop until the 13th, I asked yesterday. I can't recall if the employee mentioned the others that were getting delayed because I forgot >_>

Is Ike even coming out on Sunday n the states? I didn't think he would be coming out until later.

Last I checked, the arrival date was Feb. 1. But it's been a few days, so I'll go check again.

FUCK. GameStop's website says that ALL of set 3 is estimated at Feb 13 now. -____-

Rosalina looks like she'll be pretty common.

From what I'm hearing a lot of Targets are getting like, 30ish of her, so.

I'll post my current collection once Sunday comes around and I can grab a Rosie.

EDIT: Well, it's not for certain really, but it seems like most Targets will get a good starting stock, at the very least.

On the other hand, if you live in Canada, Target announced they were closing up shop completely. Over 100 stores, gone. I have no idea how people in Canada will get Rosalina unless the exclusivity deal is rescinded north of the border. We also never got a chance for Shulk preorders from Gamestop either. Getting your hands on any "rare" amiibo beyond a lucky preorder through Amazon seems impossible... the store exclusives are a nightmare.

On the other hand, if you live in Canada, Target announced they were closing up shop completely. Over 100 stores, gone. I have no idea how people in Canada will get Rosalina unless the exclusivity deal is rescinded north of the border. We also never got a chance for Shulk preorders from Gamestop either. Getting your hands on any "rare" amiibo beyond a lucky preorder through Amazon seems impossible... the store exclusives are a nightmare.

we're pretty much screwed with the Rosalina Target Canada Preorder right now. They claimed since they already paid for the rights they should in theory get it before the liquidation but it's almost starting soon and there has been no update on the situation for anything and Nintendo of Canada and Target still would not comment about the situation. Making the preorder situations difficult for a lot of Canadian customers.

Not to mention the amount of amiibos on Amazon Canada are going for ridiculous prices from a bunch of third party sellers.

Edited by kingddd

Man, I'm really sorry you guys are having to put up with so much shit. :< Sure, there are plenty of times where video game stuff in Europe makes me feel like a second-class citizen (later releases for the most part, in some cases much later), but with the scarcity and exclusivity of Amiibos over there, it's kinda terrible. Ours may be more expensive, but it's nice to just be able to walk into a store (any store) and find one.

Yeah, NoA has just been complete idiots about this. I understand needing to be a little cautious about how many Amiibos to stock, but this scarcity and the delays are just getting utterly ridiculous. This is worse than the FE Awakening fiasco.

NoA is normally pretty good about releasing things too, and now all of a sudden they suck.

Reggie, plz do something...

I think I've bought like four out of my current like 12 (which includes Mac, Falcon, Marth, and Pit) in stores the rest I've ordered online via amazon or gamestop. Hell I had to shell out $40 for the Rosalina one for my little sis's b-day. Its literally like Nintendo is saying "no its ok we don't want your money".

I have to get to Target when they open to have any chance of snagging Rosalina myself. >_<

I have Ike and Toon Link for preorder in GameStop, but of course, as I said, their estimated release is the 13th now. Ugh. Still waiting for GameStop to even open preorders for Robin.

And I know, exactly!

I have Ike and Toon Link for preorder in GameStop, but of course, as I said, their estimated release is the 13th now. Ugh. Still waiting for GameStop to even open preorders for Robin.

And I know, exactly!

I saw that. I had a mass preorder of the wave 3's with Ike and shulk being day 1 shipped. I got Bowser already but I hope I get the others as well because I was charged the full amount (of when I preorderd the wave) when Bowser came out. Otherwise, I'm demanding a hefty refund.

Nintendo could literally solve all amiibo problems if they just have an online site that they use to sell them directly. They could even split the site on a regional basis.

Nintendo of UK does this. Nintendo of America's online store is more like a support store.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Geez they even have preorders for wave 4. Come on NOA you're killing me!

They've been available for a good week or so on the UK store. I actually pre-ordered Lucina and Robin from GAME exactly two weeks ago (before the increase in price, thankfully). It's kind of silly how you guys can't pre-order them yet. And I pretty sure pre-orders aren't going to last long over there, judging from previous waves. The moment they're available, start pre-ordering

Edited by DodgeDusk

They've been available for a good week or so on the UK store. I actually pre-ordered Lucina and Robin from GAME exactly two weeks ago (before the increase in price, thankfully). It's kind of silly how you guys can't pre-order them yet. And I pretty sure pre-orders aren't going to last long over there, judging from previous weeks. The moment they're available, start pre-ordering

Oh man you have no idea. I've got tabs open for Gamestop and Amazon on standby 24/7 ready to refresh on the search of "amiibo" at a moments notice. Shits gonna get real.

Edited by LordTaco42

I've pre-ordered Sonic at GAME. Not sure when he'll be released, but they even upped its price since my pre-order, and they were kind enough to email me and tell me that I won't be charged more once it becomes available. Yay.

Also on Amazon UK, Rosalinas (edit: And Little Macs) are going for fucking ~£45 while Marths (edit: and Villagers) are going for ~£24. Fuck that noise.

I hate scalpers with a fucking passion.

Edited by Raven