It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So out of curiosity, is playing $60 for a Marth amiibo too much compared to what other people have paid on average? I bought a Marth amiibo new at a New Game + panel (New Game +_is a gaming store, btw) for that price, and I'm curious if that's above or below the average price for what others have paid for Marth amiibos.

And although I won't need to worry about it for quite a while, what site would be my best bet for reasonably priced ($15-$30) online Duck Hunt and R.O.B. amiibo purchases when they come around? I've actually never bought any amiibo online before, so I want to know for when those two come out.

So out of curiosity, is playing $60 for a Marth amiibo too much compared to what other people have paid on average? I bought a Marth amiibo new at a New Game + panel (New Game +_is a gaming store, btw) for that price, and I'm curious if that's above or below the average price for what others have paid for Marth amiibos.

You can get them for $20-30 on Amazon, as of this post.

And although I won't need to worry about it for quite a while, what site would be my best bet for reasonably priced ($15-$30) online Duck Hunt and R.O.B. amiibo purchases when they come around? I've actually never bought any amiibo online before, so I want to know for when those two come out.

Yeah $60 is a bit much now in days for him.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N4ABOXU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1437528371&sr=8-1&keywords=marth

Even for NA versions you can get him for around $30 including shipping.

Wow, if only I knew that beforehand...

Oh well, at least I won't make that same mistake with my next rare amiibo purchase. Plus, there's no guarantee that the people shipping the box would be gentle enough with it to arrive in really good condition (I think...).

As for the origin of the amiibo, I suppose NA would be ideal so the Japanese box won't stick out like a sore thumb, but in a way, I am kind of interested in getting the Famicom R.O.B. from Japan because I'm used to maining Famicom R.O.B. since that's his default costume in Brawl.

I just got my info email for Palutena! She'll be available at 2PM PST/5PM EST this Friday. Limit is 1 per person and 1-click will be disabled. So everybody should have their credit card and shipping info up to date and all set so you don't run into trouble. Amazon will have "ample quantities" but they still expect to sell out, so don't dawdle! :P

Just gonna brag about my new amiibos...

Yeah $60 is a bit much now in days for him.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N4ABOXU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1437528371&sr=8-1&keywords=marth

Even for NA versions you can get him for around $30 including shipping.

Damn, that sucks. My locals and potentially others in Australia have plentiful amounts.

Edited by Hyperthrough

For the first time since amiibo launch, Chile gets a store-exclusive amiibo, as Palutena is only available here on microplay.cl, and only for buying online. Luckily I caught it on time and managed to snatch one.

Meta Knight was pretty cheap on Amazon last I saw. Like $18-$21.

Unless Dark Pit is available online though, I doubt I'll be able to get it... I'm off on the 31st, but nobody else is, so I won't have a ride to Best Buy. -_-

I got mine!

If anyone would be willing to order one, and ship it to me (because it's 1 per customer and Me+Alexis want one), I'll gladly reimburse you for the order

The email and AmazonJosh lied about 1-click being disabled. I saw the button not grayed out, I clicked it, and got a Palutena. Thanks for the awesome lie, Josh! That was clever.

Yea, I totally was able to use 1-click, and when I tried to buy another thinking that it would've failed, it worked and i was told Sry man, 1 per person yo.

That sly Josh

Yay! A friend of mine was able to snag me a Palutena Amiibo. I can't wait! Now, I just need to figure out a name that fits in with the rest of my Sm4sh Amiibo along the likes of Marsh, Bowzer, and Somus.