It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Me: "Ok, I'm just going to get Shulk, and that's it."

*Buys Shulk*

*Starts watching an LP of Path of Radiance, and likes Ike in particular*

*Starts seeing Ike's amiibo everywhere*

Me: Ike's amiibo looks so good.... But I said I'd only buy one.... I guess this is how all amiibo collectors start out?

P.Much. I got lucky with a Shulk by accident, and a free Toon Link, and it's been like pringles ever since.

Ya'll should totally support my Reddit attempts at calling this the Retrio

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3fav76/if_the_gs_88_rumor_is_true_thoughts_on_calling_it/

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, Ike's games made me love him the way I do today too! ^^

Accidental Shulk, Sara, really? Wow, that's crazy. :o

EDIT: Oh, wow, "Retrio" is GENIUS. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Yea, my first amiibo was Shulk. I walked into a GS prior to a movie on the day that his 2nd wave was announced. The GS ppl asked if I wanted to preorder one and I was like "eh sure".

I come to find out that after the movie, a friend I went with wanted a Shulk, so we went back to preorder another, and they were sold out. I had no idea what gold i lucked into.

So, Gamestop is offering the Retrio bundle to GameStop Pro Rewards Members 1 hour before stores open on 8/8, if you get there early.

It's like 15$ to enroll for a yearly subscription, and you get monthly magazines sent to your door which make great bathroom reading material according to my son

Also

ec81bde995.jpg

Edited by Elieson

P.Much. I got lucky with a Shulk by accident, and a free Toon Link, and it's been like pringles ever since.

Ya'll should totally support my Reddit attempts at calling this the Retrio

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3fav76/if_the_gs_88_rumor_is_true_thoughts_on_calling_it/

I got kinda lucky with Shulk as well, which suggests that the two of us have an insane luck stat growth. In a nutshell, I had been casually looking for Shulk in my local gaming shop for a couple of months. Walked in one day, and the first amiibo I saw was of Shulk. Went up to the counter, and got Shulk for around half price.

Also- that Retrio nickname is awesome!!! :D Bad puns ftw! :)

... That reminds me- What do you call an amiibo shipping company?

amiiboat

And what do you call a defective amiibo?

Nearly headless Link (NB. This pun only works if you know your Harry Potter characters)

Finally got a Charizard amiibo!I'm still on the other side of the country without my WiiU,so I at least have time to think about a name.And holy hell my father went apeshit when I bought it because the box has 6+ on it.Told me and everyone else who's older than 6 who buy them to grow up.Harsh,even for him.

What do you call an SSB Amiibo that's been broken into pieces?

Smashed.

lol

That is the worst pun I've seen outside of Tumblr.Congrats.

Ah, I see. That's some luck!

Also, collection pic. :D

11226071_919832994747986_248726328164389

I decided to keep the Ness I got to honor Iwata.

Like the Link pic in the back. Makes a good bg for an amiibo collection.

Hopefully, it seems that the amiibo shortage has somewhat been resolved. Which is good since Nintendo can make more money off of them and are already using it to translate Fire Emblem Fates and Shin Megami x Fire Emblem.

Like the Link pic in the back. Makes a good bg for an amiibo collection.

Hopefully, it seems that the amiibo shortage has somewhat been resolved. Which is good since Nintendo can make more money off of them and are already using it to translate Fire Emblem Fates and Shin Megami x Fire Emblem.

lol, that's actually just the box from the Zelda; Skyward Sword limited edition that came with the gold Wii remote. XD But yeah, I like it back there too!

Hehehe.... :)

What do you call a dead Mario amiibo?

amiiboo

Yay, somebody laughed! I always seemed to have a strange sense of humor compared to other people, so making others laugh was never one of my strong points. ^^;

And lol that's good. XD

So supposedly, the retrio amiibo rumour is looking more and more to be true:

DGXFD70.jpg

And on a different note, would you guys consider Toad amiibo to be relatively common in stores? (I know he's not as common as Mario, Luigi, or Pikachu, but I feel like he's still really easy to get in terms of availability and supply) Because a couple of days ago I actually saw Toad available in all 3 of the game stores I checked for amiibo (Best Buy and 2 EB Games) and that definitely wasn't the case the last time I visited multiple game stores. I'd have definitely bought him if only I could use him in Smash Bros...

I haven't seen Toad anywhere here except one store, I think, and it had only two. I consider him rare.

And that three-pack up there should actually help me since you should be able to buy those individually. I only want Duck Hunt Dog, so while surely everyone else will be going to GameStop, I'll chillax at another retailer, making it easier get my dog. ^^

Release dates announced for the major Wave 6 amiibo release in NA. September 11th, 2015 and the retro characters September 25th. Same day as Mario Maker release. This is going to be a riot.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/05/amiibos-sixth-wave-will-release-in-north-america-on-september-11th/

Mhshaow.jpg

Edit:

Also update that the mii fighters are available on November and it seems like they may be exclusively a 3 pack and may not come in individually. The Retro Fighters maybe the same thing.

SKtKVmP.jpg

Edited by kingddd

Lucina and Wooly Yoshi both arrived while I was in the States, doubling my little collection:

s8h9TJo.jpg

I'll probably see if I can snag a Palutena from a local store now that I'm home, too, since I have the funds, and Ike's harem can continue to grow.

Lucina and Wooly Yoshi both arrived while I was in the States, doubling my little collection:

s8h9TJo.jpg

I'll probably see if I can snag a Palutena from a local store now that I'm home, too, since I have the funds, and Ike's harem can continue to grow.

I think you mean Yoshi's harem, just look at that beautiful wool!

Wooly Yoshi is super amazingly awesome soft, this is true. He actually turned out much better than I had expected they would when the wooly amiibo were announced. I'd love to get a blue and a pink, too, but not for the prices they're going for! I consider myself lucky to have this guy.