It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

...so since I'm a fan of Ike's combos, and I sorta main Pit, I suddenly desire a amiibo for both.

...but they've been sold out, like, instantly, haven't they?

So, I'm kinda curious... Is there a chance all the amiibo will be restocked again?

86601fcc8f.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! I actually went to Target on February 1, and there were actually ZERO wave 3 amiibo. Not even Bowser (but my local GameStop had Bowser, Toon Link).

I'd love to have Rosalina, and my mom finally offered to pay high-ish prices for some rare ones (not like $40, bit lower). She finally realized that not all will be in stock as Peach or Zelda might be. Especially when the Shulk coincidence occurred (my brother could not pre-order him because we delayed too much, even though it was possible to pre-order).

I'm hoping for Rosalina and Sheik!

I went to Target on Feb. 1 too, I know how you feel, Carter. Although it's partly my fault for sleeping in and partly my mom's fault for forgetting that we needed to be at Target early, this doesn't excuse the Amiibos going THIS fast or scalpers getting their greedy hands on any.

...Yes! My mom and I won the auction for a Rosalina amiibo on eBay!

What do y'all think of the price $37.68? It did sound a bit pricey at first, which is why I'm prepared to resell it IF my mom and I can find a normal-priced Rosalina at Target. Now... onto Sheik, Shulk, and Zero Suit Samus (once they announce). Hoo boy, that'll be a toughie.

The Ike we pre-ordered was said to (us specifically, don't freak out) be delayed until spring. Darn... that really sucks. But it's my brother's order, so it's not THAT bad.

...Yes! My mom and I won the auction for a Rosalina amiibo on eBay!

What do y'all think of the price $37.68? It did sound a bit pricey at first, which is why I'm prepared to resell it IF my mom and I can find a normal-priced Rosalina at Target. Now... onto Sheik, Shulk, and Zero Suit Samus (once they announce). Hoo boy, that'll be a toughie.

The Ike we pre-ordered was said to (us specifically, don't freak out) be delayed until spring. Darn... that really sucks. But it's my brother's order, so it's not THAT bad.

That's way too much money. You should've waited to see if Target gets another shipment. Don't give into scalpers.

And the same thing happened with my Ike Amiibo. -_- My mom said our GameStop only got TWO Ikes today.

Edited by Anacybele

That's way too much money. You should've waited to see if Target gets another shipment. Don't give into scalpers.

And the same thing happened with my Ike Amiibo. -_- My mom said our GameStop only got TWO Ikes today.

Well, to be honest, it wasn't even that much of a "scalper".

The original price was like $20, and for a Rosalina amiibo, that's pretty cheap, considering how others were selling for $40. The final price was out of a bid, since so many were bidding at once. I guess it technically wasn't a "scalper". It was a bid out of desperation... kinda XD. I didn't go out of whack and pay like $50. OH... and the price was $35.00, it's just the $2.68 that was shipping fee.

And besides, what happens if target DOESN'T get another shipment? What are you going to do about it? Well, yes, either sit without one, or have the "inferior" Super Mario version.

Of course, I'm hoping they DO get another shipment. And if they do, I'll resell the one I bid for. But if they don't restock, I'll have the "superior" version.

Edited by Carter

I'll probably sit without one then. I'll just have to deal with it. Because I'm not paying any of the ridiculous prices scalpers are charging. It's not worth it in my eyes.

Ah, you're pretty persistent then! I'm just an impatient, greedy little hog... I mean, I would honestly be able to sit without one, but I would always be jealous of what I don't have. ZSS is the real one I'd pay top-dollar for (but for her, I'm preparing everything).

Have you looked into how much it would cost you to import a Rosalina yet?

Around $30, but I'll try looking more.

You see, ALTHOUGH I know that all amiibo function the same, I shudder at the fact that one of the boxes might be different. It's just the part of me that wants everything to be the same, everything to be perfect, everything in line. And to have one Japanese amiibo in the middle of all my english ones just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm a very picky person, really, but had the price been over $40, I wouldn't pay.

The only amiibo I'd actually settle for in any language, any type, any land amiibo, would be ZSS. It's just my stubborn-ness that wants this Rosalina to be an english one.

That question was actually directed at Ana, since she seems to want one but can't seem to find one for a decent price. I haven't really looked into details on how much an imported Rosalina (plus all the shipping) would cost, but it could be a reasonable option especially if you know someone in Europe willing to help you out with it.

I might import Robin when he comes out if the preordering drama in America doesn't get resolved. My only regret would be that I can't teach him to say "time to tip the scales" in German.

I actually have looked at that, yes. And the shipping costs are ridiculous too.

I'd like an English box myself, since I don't really like Rosalina's Japanese name. This is why I also looked at Amazon UK, but they only have Japanese Amiibos as well. And the time it would take for one of them to get here anyway is insane. Target will probably have another shipment by the time one of these would get here.

I'd like an English box myself, since I don't really like Rosalina's Japanese name.

Wait, are you leaving them boxed? Because otherwise, that's a stupid reason to not get the Japanese packaging.

The figures aren't region locked. Scanning it in a NTSC-U Wii U console or North American firmware 3DS won't automatically make her show up as Rosetta. <_>

If you're keeping them boxed, then disregard, I get it. Keeping parity and what not.

Wait, are you leaving them boxed? Because otherwise, that's a stupid reason to not get the Japanese packaging.

The figures aren't region locked. Scanning it in a NTSC-U Wii U console or North American firmware 3DS won't automatically make her show up as Rosetta. <_>

If you're keeping them boxed, then disregard, I get it. Keeping parity and what not.

No, but I'd still rather see "Rosalina & Luma" rather than "Rosetta & Chiko" on the box when I buy it.

I do still have a boxed Zelda Amiibo, but that's because I still wish to get rid of it.

Edited by Anacybele

86601fcc8f.png

I couldn't help but laugh at "major french fry crisis"

Well, to be honest, it wasn't even that much of a "scalper".

The original price was like $20, and for a Rosalina amiibo, that's pretty cheap, considering how others were selling for $40. The final price was out of a bid, since so many were bidding at once. I guess it technically wasn't a "scalper". It was a bid out of desperation... kinda XD. I didn't go out of whack and pay like $50. OH... and the price was $35.00, it's just the $2.68 that was shipping fee.

And besides, what happens if target DOESN'T get another shipment? What are you going to do about it? Well, yes, either sit without one, or have the "inferior" Super Mario version.

Of course, I'm hoping they DO get another shipment. And if they do, I'll resell the one I bid for. But if they don't restock, I'll have the "superior" version.

Heh, when I first learned about amiibos I saw some of them on Amazon for $100. Le nope.

I had some spare time ok... Elie's Amiibo chart

Are the sources you put on the only stores that carry the amiibos you bought/seek?

Edited by Forceman

I couldn't help but laugh at "major french fry crisis"

Shortages and ridiculous prices can make people do the most extremest things to the point where it becomes a really big thing.

In Canada, there was a guy who was arrested for cheese smuggling and similar cases in Norwegian Butter Crisis where people were smuggling butter into the country.

Here in Canada, the prices for amiibos especially the rare ones are all going for ridiculous prices online and you would be lucky enough to find the one you want at retail.

Hb75R6m.png

Shortages and ridiculous prices can make people do the most extremest things to the point where it becomes a really big thing.

In Canada, there was a guy who was arrested for cheese smuggling and similar cases in Norwegian Butter Crisis where people were smuggling butter into the country.

Here in Canada, the prices for amiibos especially the rare ones are all going for ridiculous prices online and you would be lucky enough to find the one you want at retail.

Norwegian Butter Crisis... I'm totally doing a report on that if I ever get a chance.

I wasn't with him when he went amiibo shopping, but I bet my brother would have flipped if Rosalina was advertised but not available. She's his girlfriend, ya know. =I Still, those amiibo prices tho

Norwegian Butter Crisis... I'm totally doing a report on that if I ever get a chance.

Oh man that was both hilarious and kinda frightening.

I looked at Rosalina imports and man they be mad. Like, Amazon Germany still wanted like 40+ euros for one. Thats not including shipping. She must be kinda rare out there too.

I looked at Rosalina imports and man they be mad. Like, Amazon Germany still wanted like 40+ euros for one. Thats not including shipping. She must be kinda rare out there too.

My house will be destroyed as soon as my brother figures out that a Rosalina amiibo exists. I really hope my parents wouldn't pay that much, 40 Euros is probably like 50 USD

Edited by Forceman

Major french fry crisis, Norweigian butter crisis, this stuff cracks me up too. XD

My GS got Ike on monday, they had two, I picked the one with a sword that wasn't bent too bad. (His box was damaged, but I planned on opening him.)

My GameStop only got two Ikes as well. -_-

*scratches back of head*

So, after saying I wanted an Ike figure, I figured that in the event that he isn't restocked, I should buy him before his prices rise.

So, I was in this bidding war with a guy. I had the lead for a good while, before it got up to $31.

I mean, I'm not THAT big a fan of Ike. I'm like, sitting here, thinking, "The hell am I doing?"

Fortunatly, there's this guy in Germany that has sold, like, 100 of them, and has, "More than 10," left. Lots of auctions for Ike are ending tomorrow, so I can wait to see if any end cheaper than they are from this Germany guy. ($33, by the way)

And then, as of now, there's a Lucario and Pit being sold, bid ending on Saturday, and so far it's at $25.

...Am I messed up for doing all of this?