It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

That's actually spelled "amoeba" but yeah, I'd love for Amiibos to multiply like that. I hope that Walmart being out of preorders for the Gold Mario online doesn't mean they won't have any to sell right in the stores. I want to try getting to my Walmart early in the morning on March 20th and snagging one.

I just looked on eBay to see what Rosalina is like there, and of course, nothing there satisfies me. Either the prices for buying it now are too high or I'm outbid every time I place a bid. All I can do is hope she gets restocked due to the port strikes being resolved.

EDIT: Oh, so that does mean what I just said above, right?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, they sell out fudgin' fast. If you're able to, keep an eye on http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/new/. I get my alerts from there, and they're all accurate within a few seconds. F5 the page every couple of minutes and I'm sure you'll get one

You could just get one of the millions of Mario amoobos and paint it gold and then get one of the millions of Peach amoobos and paint it pink gold for a pair.

^It's Amiibo, not "Amoobo."

Ayy, the woes of typing on a phone. I have that problem too occasionally.

I'm actually not fond of the name "amiibo" because it sounds like "amoeba". Which reminds me of some stupid thing one of my high school friends did during his freshman year. >_>

Also, this whole preorders running out thing is getting kind of silly. I think that if these places take preorders in-store and they're not limited to being online, people should probably just preorder at the store if they can. For some reason, it feels more secure to me.

I like amiibo because it sounds like "Amigo" (Spanish for "Friend"). It's cute in that context.

What's hilarious is that everyone says "amiibos", despite the fact "amiibo" is both singular and plural.

Oh boy, it's another Forceman wall of replying!

Not... Really. But again, I shouldn't have to paying such outrageous prices for these figures.

As long as you don't run out of money you need for other things, I give the green flag.

I remember accidentally calling them Amiibas when they were first announced. If only they multiplied in the same way. sigh....

*amoeba

Cookie if you can guess the linguistic origin

ypYeamV.jpgOh

*insert Snoop Dog/Lion/whatever get rekt gif here*

Also, this whole preorders running out thing is getting kind of silly. I think that if these places take preorders in-store and they're not limited to being online, people should probably just preorder at the store if they can. For some reason, it feels more secure to me.

But people who buy amiibos aren't gonna get off of their computers unless they're going to pick one up!

I like amiibo because it sounds like "Amigo" (Spanish for "Friend"). It's cute in that context.

What's hilarious is that everyone says "amiibos", despite the fact "amiibo" is both singular and plural.

Spanish~

Heh, I tend to call more than one moose "meese." Tbh I don't like plurals that are same as the original, other than fish. Fishes just puts me off.

Edited by Forceman

Well... I caved in and bought a Rosalina off eBay for $38 (including shipping). I know, Ana paid a scalper?! Shocking! I mean, I don't like doing it this way at all, but I decided that it's my best chance to get her since nobody knows for sure if Target will get another shipment and it's better that someone like me who has the money to spare pay this kind of price than some parent with a kid or two that wants these and just can't afford to spend this much, especially if Target does get another shipment. Plus, the price could've definitely been worse. I couldn't win a bid on here to save my life anyway (yes, I tried that too. I came close, but still lost).

Well... I caved in and bought a Rosalina off eBay for $38 (including shipping). I know, Ana paid a scalper?! Shocking! I mean, I don't like doing it this way at all, but I decided that it's my best chance to get her since nobody knows for sure if Target will get another shipment and it's better that someone like me who has the money to spare pay this kind of price than some parent with a kid or two that wants these and just can't afford to spend this much, especially if Target does get another shipment. Plus, the price could've definitely been worse. I couldn't win a bid on here to save my life anyway (yes, I tried that too. I came close, but still lost).

$38 is hardly that bad, especially compared to the other prices people pump up amiibo to. If I managed to find a $38 Marth amiibo in good condition (and couldn't get one after the announced restocks finally come in), I'd likely do the same for him as well. So don't sweat it too much. Besides, at least that scalper was much more fair and reasonable compared to 80%-90% of other scalpers.

Yeah, true.

Also, Gold Mario was up for a third round. But I missed it again, because stupid NowInStock.net didn't tell me. I've saved it in my new Walmart account though, in case there's yet another opportunity... Somehow... You never know.

Another thing about the Rosalina I just paid for, at least I can enjoy her while I wait on my Ike... At least I should definitely be getting him for retail price. My mom said the guy at my GameStop was really sorry that I couldn't get mine a couple days ago even though my preorder on him is still good and I had gotten the automated phone call and all.

I was legitimately shocked when I saw you say that!

It pained me too, paying for a Rosalina for $37, but we'll just never know. But yes, as what Randoman said, prices could have been (have been, and currently are) much higher than $37 / $38. I'd actually consider us lucky, since I've seen someone sell her amiibo for $100!

Hopefully your Rosalina is a good one! We're paying good money for that!

Yayyyyy!!! :D: And as Gaius would say...mmm sugar.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I saw some much higher prices for her myself. And yes, hopefully she looks good enough! :)

How rare is Rosie? I'd like to buy one for my brother but I dunno if I could find it locally.

Hey, I'd totally go for the 30-40 some bucks on Rosalina. It's really the only profitable choice at the moment and is way more worth it than paying three times that amount.

Thank goodness her pricing isn't as bad as, say, Villager. He's being priced at exactly twice to three times the amount you bought your Rosalina for.

I'm still going to wait it out and see what happens, though.

How rare is Rosie? I'd like to buy one for my brother but I dunno if I could find it locally.

I hear she's sold out everywhere locally. You'd find a lot of her on places like eBay and Amazon though, of course. Sigh...

Started to finally train my Falcon Amiibo.

I kept on only Falcon Punching him. He consistently used 4 falcon punches in row on me now. I'm so proud of him.

Edited by kingddd