It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good I don't actually see people nagging about quality right now

I think we might hear about the next wave of amiibos in the next Nintendo Direct which I painstakingly predicted would be about April 12th-14th give or take a week. I imagine it'll come out slightly later than the other territories but I suppose it could come out around the same time.

Well anyway I figure at the very least we'll hear something about it eventually, so maybe just give it some time. I don't think they're going to do nothing but just straight-up drop the amiibos in stores so that no one can buy them (except maybe scalpers obsessed with calling stores/doing research and finding out when they come in) lol.

Yeah, just gotta be patient and hope for the best. I want Robinnn. D:

Also, someone took a picture of the gold Mario Amiibo displayed at Nintendo World up close! it's just as pretty as ever. :3

YNbhWhv.jpg

just a side thought

should this thread really be kept in the ssb subforum?

imo no, because amiibos have gone far beyond ssb4 now

it'd be good for everyone if we could move it to the general gaming section, or something.

Edit: Also I must say the gold Mario amiibo looks just plain tacky to me. Like some kid's just grabbed a Mario statue, dipped it in gold paint, and stuck it to an amiibo base.

Edited by Raven

just a side thought

should this thread really be kept in the ssb subforum?

imo no, because amiibos have gone far beyond ssb4 now

it'd be good for everyone if we could move it to the general gaming section, or something.

I agree, but first I think a mod should change the thread title to something more along the lines of "amiibo sharing thread". Or if the OP comes back sometime.

But yes, amiibo have gone outside Smash now, so it would make sense. But I'll have to get used to the new location again.

Edit: Also I must say the gold Mario amiibo looks just plain tacky to me. Like some kid's just grabbed a Mario statue, dipped it in gold paint, and stuck it to an amiibo base.

that's probably what they did

Edited by Carter

I'm honestly starting to think that Wave 4 will be released in the US without any pre-orders. That's going to suck for those of us who can't be at Gamestop right at the time it opens every single day (especially since Target is apparently going online-only for rare Amiibo now, so I can't pick them up at work).

Guess I'm going to have to shell out 3-4 times the retail price to a scalper if I want Ness and Lucina (and Charizard, if it winds up not being one of the common ones).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Amiibo currently exist in smash boxes, and mario party boxes. I wouldnt change the thematic presence of this thread until amiibo for nonsmash games exceeds two

I'm honestly starting to think that Wave 4 will be released in the US without any pre-orders. That's going to suck for those of us who can't be at Gamestop right at the time it opens every single day (especially since Target is apparently going online-only for rare Amiibo now, so I can't pick them up at work).

Yeah, I'm afraid of there never being preorders here too.

And I work too, so my best bet would be either waiting for them to show up at my store (fat chance since the only rare one we ever got was Little Mac and we never even got Luigi...) or checking the GameStop right outside at my break. I take my break right before it opens, I think, but even then, I only work four days a week and I can't drive... So if they come out a day that I have off, well... I suppose I'll have to get up early and get to the GameStop here within walking distance, which I'd rather not do because of having to cross busy roads. :(

And even then, GameStop might make them online-only too, they've done so with Ike and one or two others.

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm, the no-pre-order situation might not be as bad as we think.

I mean, part of the reason we cannot get the amiibo we want is either because of online preorders already out of stock or people getting their extremely early (or scalpers, but scalpers could be put under of the two reasons I listed).

With pre-orders out of the question, people will be forced to get up to the store for their amiibo. It won't exactly be that much easier, but there will be some on shelves, because pre-ordering wouldn't be a thing! I know some people that just wait for their amiibo to arrive in the mail (my mom and I usually store pick-up), but they cannot do that if there is no pre-ordering.

That's going to suck for those of us who can't be at Gamestop right at the time it opens every single day (especially since Target is apparently going online-only for rare Amiibo now, so I can't pick them up at work).

Yeah, I'm afraid of there never being preorders here too.

So if they come out a day that I have off, well... I suppose I'll have to get up early and get to the GameStop here within walking distance, which I'd rather not do because of having to cross busy roads. :(

Now (depending on what time you get up) we all have a fair chance of getting the amiibo we want. Sure, people MIGHT still go super early, but not everyone is THAT desperate for amiibo. it's just scalpers and the extremely-desperate people to watch out for

let's just all calm down and take a deep breath! Just remember, it's just a 3-inch plastic toy that is easy to live without :P:

I mean seriously, if we don't get the amiibo we want, we just saved a whopping $13!

Edited by Carter

youre missing my point, Anacybele. it's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want.

the rosalina incident made me rosalina what a waste of money this is coming out to be. look what's happening, Anacybele xP. people are running crazy for these $13 plastic toys (so was i for a moment), but it's all so dumb.

worrying about not getting gold mario or ike is silly because amiibo don't really mean a thing. they might look pretty, but is that it?

Like going to the store will be any easier than getting a preorder? Look what happened with Rosalina, Carter. xP

rosalina actually got pre-orders. did you read my paragraph? i said it might be easier because of pre-orders gone xP.

after getting rosalina, i realized what i was doing wrong: paying too much

Edited by Carter

Rosalina was put on the shelf too though, and she was gone within the first hour.

Ike is likely not going to get another official figure. Gold Mario is pretty, that's just it. But believe me you, I'm not as crazy as some of the people out there. There are people getting whole collections and paying $100 or more for gold Mario or certain defects and whatnot. I'm not doing any of that. I just want the characters I like. I also want to use some of them, like Ike in Codename Steam.

And I like figures. I have Pokemon figures and Pony figures. Now I have more Nintendo figures to join them. Is it so wrong to enjoy collecting something you like a lot?

Also, what's with the sudden lack of grammar and stuff?

Edited by Anacybele

Rosalina was put on the shelf too though, and she was gone within the first hour.

Is it so wrong to enjoy collecting something you like a lot?

Also, what's with the sudden lack of grammar and stuff?

Rosalina got shelf stocks as well as pre-orders. those pre-orders go somewhere. With pre-orders gone entirely, ALL STOCK that arrived will be on shelves. Not to mention the fact that some got more stock than others (I'll have to check on that, but this seems likely due to the time zelda + little mac were released early at some locations).

Bold: did i say that? sure, collect what you want. but that's a bit much on toys. you said you have pokemon figures, pony figures, and smash figures. on your own money, how much did that all cost? how much was that all just from presents? there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying what you enjoy, but the amiibo situation is crazy. not saying you are crazy, but the amiibo in general.

italic: I was eating a sandwich with one hand, and replying was one of my main priorities. :P:

if you meant that i was missing a linking verb or something, please tell me. all i see right now is just missing apostrophes, commas, capitals and whatnot.

all i was trying to say in my first post is that there is no reason to worry because it's not the freaking end of the world if we don't get the amiibo we want. you don't need to get up so early in the moment for what you want (because honestly, that sounds pretty desperate to me. the way you word it sounds like it's a chore to get up early in the morning. that implies that's not your usual. and to do that for a toy, disrupting your schedule...?)

it seems though we'll never convince each other, so why don't we just end this debate here. as sunwoo says, it's pointless anyways

Edited by Carter

Yeah, just gotta be patient and hope for the best. I want Robinnn. D:

Also, someone took a picture of the gold Mario Amiibo displayed at Nintendo World up close! it's just as pretty as ever. :3

YNbhWhv.jpg

Yay! :3

Guess I'm going to have to shell out 3-4 times the retail price to a scalper if I want Ness and Lucina (and Charizard, if it winds up not being one of the common ones).

That is the biggest problem and to why that I couldn't be in time for the Rosalina amiibo. Since pre-orders were already all out after the first 30min on release day.

Hmm, the no-pre-order situation might not be as bad as we think.

I mean, part of the reason we cannot get the amiibo we want is either because of online preorders already out of stock or people getting their extremely early (or scalpers, but scalpers could be put under of the two reasons I listed).

With pre-orders out of the question, people will be forced to get up to the store for their amiibo. It won't exactly be that much easier, but there will be some on shelves, because pre-ordering wouldn't be a thing! I know some people that just wait for their amiibo to arrive in the mail (my mom and I usually store pick-up), but they cannot do that if there is no pre-ordering.

Now (depending on what time you get up) we all have a fair chance of getting the amiibo we want. Sure, people MIGHT still go super early, but not everyone is THAT desperate for amiibo. it's just scalpers and the extremely-desperate people to watch out for

let's just all calm down and take a deep breath! Just remember, it's just a 3-inch plastic toy that is easy to live without :P:

I mean seriously, if we don't get the amiibo we want, we just saved a whopping $13!

I'll have to for the Gold Mario amiibo.
Since it's a superstar amiibo.
Point taken. Why I gave up on some of them long ago. Like Little Mac. I just only overpay to my most favorite characters.

youre missing my point, Anacybele. it's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want.

the rosalina incident made me rosalina what a waste of money this is coming out to be. look what's happening, Anacybele xP. people are running crazy for these $13 plastic toys (so was i for a moment), but it's all so dumb.

worrying about not getting gold mario or ike is silly because amiibo don't really mean a thing. they might look pretty, but is that it?

rosalina actually got pre-orders. did you read my paragraph? i said it might be easier because of pre-orders gone xP.

after getting rosalina, i realized what i was doing wrong: paying too much

Amiibos are just a plastic toy with a serial card. It is unknown why people go crazy for these toys. Amiibos should have it's own store, or to be in Toys R' Us. But...that is why that people buy these immediately getting up before the crack a dawn to do so.

all i was trying to say in my first post is that there is no reason to worry because it's not the freaking end of the world if we don't get the amiibo we want. you don't need to get up so early in the moment for what you want (because honestly, that sounds pretty desperate to me. getting up early in the morning, disrupting your schedule, for a toy?)

This stupid strike that NOA is having is why that were in this situation anyhow. True. It isn't the end of the world.

----

Why NOA is in such a crisis of having lower quantities that anywhere else and never being reprinted again because of it!

But...Carter's advice is to heed for those who do not want to have to pay 30+-100 dollars for these things. It's exactly why I gave up on Lucario and such when truthfully, I wanted a full collection of them. But...since some of these are overpriced, I only concentrate on getting only the ones that I really want.

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh, I agree that the situation IS crazier than anyone expected. And crazier than it should be.

Yeah, I don't usually get up early on a day off work. Because I want to sleep in after having to get up early every day for work. That makes sense, doesn't it? xP

The gold Mario is something I decided that I really wanted. Same with Rosalina and Ike. Besides, didn't you express desire for a gold Peach if it came into existence?

Well, yes, I cannot deny that I did. Let me find it... hmm... ahh, here it is!

If Gold Peach exists, I might get that! Let's keep our hopes up!

Yes, I would go for a (Pink) Gold Peach, should one ever come to existence. But the difference, is me not pre-ordering / getting up early for one.

What I mean, I would buy one IF I could find one in-stores, but I will not pre-order or get up early for one. They would be nice, but not exactly the top of my priority list!

Well, yes, I cannot deny that I did. Let me find it... hmm... ahh, here it is!

Yes, I would go for a (Pink) Gold Peach, should one ever come to existence. But the difference, is me not pre-ordering / getting up early for one.

What I mean, I would buy one IF I could find one in-stores, but I will not pre-order or get up early for one. They would be nice, but not exactly the top of my priority list!

Well...the only hope that we have for not resorting to either measure is only if they can continue to print like what happened with Toon Link. *giggle* It certainly was nice to see a Toon Link amiibo at Walmart during midday. It would be nice if some of these amiibos continue to be printed and to see them midday instead of seeing them gone after five minutes. The craze should die after a couple of shipments. Nintendo already clearly said that only the really popular characters will continue to get reprinted.

Well, I just want a few certain Amiibos that much, that's the way it is.

^

I don't have any other way to say it. But Carter's advice is why that I gave up on some of these a long time ago. Goodbye, Little Mac. If these get reprinted, I'll pick one up.

Edited by PuffPuff

Nintendo already clearly said that only the really popular characters will continue to get reprinted.

Ha! Doesn't that mean they should reprint everyone? :)))))

Well, I just want a few certain Amiibos that much, that's the way it is.

Yes yes, as do I. After Rosalina, never again will I go through the horrible eBay process. I'll have to be extremely lucky for ZSS, but I'll accept it if I can't find her!

Ha! Doesn't that mean they should reprint everyone? :)))))

Yes yes, as do I. After Rosalina, never again will I go through the horrible eBay process. I'll have to be extremely lucky for ZSS, but I'll accept it if I can't find her!

You'll find it! Samus isn't really all that loved look at her suit amiibos. (At least I don't think so...) They have lots. She's a really popular character, so hers shouldn't stop being printed.

Edited by PuffPuff

GOOD BECAUSE I WILL BE MIGHTY ANGRY IF I CANNOT FIND MY ZSS AMIIBO. I WILL SMASH SOMETHING AND EVERYTHING.

I GET ANGRY JUST THINKIN' 'BOUT IT. if i ain't find my bae, then imma rage #ZSSWillBeMine #TheOnlyPreorderImWillingToDoIfThereArePreorders #MightActuallyGetUpEarly #TheOnlyAmiiboImDesperateFor #OnlyWillingToGoToExtremesForZSS #OnlyAHypocriteForThisOneAmiibo

Edited by Carter

#IThoughtTheGangsterTalkWouldBeEnoughToSignifyAJoke

#ApparentlyNotAndNotEvenTheHashtagsWereEnoughToSignifyAJoke

#ThoughtAllCapsWouldBeEnoughToSignifyAJoke

pro tip: a lot of things i say tend to be jokes.

Now, real talk. Yeah, I can see why. I mean, you ADORE Ike. You'd never pass for an Ike official. I adore ZSS with just as much (but I think I'm getting a Peach overload). ZSS I'm still debating with myself, but I'll probably go to extremes for her. And only her, I'm not a hypocrite I SWEAR

Edited by Carter