It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, no Peach but a bunch of Toad. That's weird. And that looks like a Toys R Us no less judging from the price tag.

I've heard of those tag errors lol. They're pretty funny. XD

LInCpq.jpg
c8oGNA.jpg
wupUcA.jpg
62W2sn.jpg
It's so pretty! <3
2C48Xf.jpg
Peach don't have to be lonely ever again.
The story of the Gold Mario Amiibo...
First was asking the clerk of when these would be sold and they said 7:00AM. A few of them didn't know what I was talking about. HOW CAN YOU NOT WHEN THIS ITEM IS WALMART'S BIGGEST ATTRACTION RIGHT NOW? -.-
Then some green haired girl and bf comes to play their New 3DS after seeing their doors locked at Midnight. Even though I've arrived at 8:48PM. This Walmart closed at Mid-Night-7AM.
After we went inside it was a funny reaction that we were after the same thing as I told them that I was after this...too. XD
After we got acquainted outside and talked about amiibos and Smash Bros 4 and that saying that Sakurai is sometimes an idiot. Well...he did learn to troll us at times, but yeah. XD
They were using their smartphones, I was reading a magazine since we had to wait outside all night.
After constantly seeing employees smoking and the Cigarette smoke made me sick, but I was covering my nose to not inhale it. -.-
After asking...they said 2:24AM. God more torture of waiting. -.-
After asking again after reading...5:00AM.
After more people lined up behind us and got acquainted and was talking about Smash and the figurines about how I've pre-ordered my other ones and everything as well as they have...
Asked again 6:00AM...
-One hour left to go. Continued talking till the night skies were dissipating. The store finally opened up after even more people lined up behind us.
Ran in...grabbed our baskets and looking in the electronics section and there were NO 4th wave amiibos.
I WAS SO UPSET that I asked the clerk why none were there as well as the folks behind me and then the intercom said service in the electronics dept on Isle 3. After 10 more minutes they asked what we were waiting for and we said "The Gold Mario Amiibo."
They then go to check in their storage and *poof* five minutes later there were a huge box filled with them. THANK YOU, NINTENDO.
I WAS FIRST IN LINE TO BUY IT. YAY!
Slaps my $14.15 on the table and the shiny soft Gold Mario finally came in...
(It was only one per customer)
Take that, scalpers. *middle fingers*
After going home by 9:00AM...tired then taking these pictures after getting 5 hrs of sleep. The line wasn't as big as I thought, but it was enough to empty their first box after we only could buy one. The rest of them should be a piece of cake since they're already pre-ordered and shipped by now!
-Toad
-Luigi Ver 2
-Princess Peach Ver 2
-Yoshi Ver 2
Checks E-Mails annnnd....just got the word that all 4 of them got shipped. Yoshi was ordered at Walmart and the other three were ordered at Gamestop!
Edited by PuffPuff

Take that, scalpers. *middle fingers*

This is perfect.

Congrats on the gold Mario, btw! Still waiting for mine to ship... Okay, I need to stop saying this in just about every post I make in here now. xP

Umm...I hope Smash wave 4 preorders open soon! I needz Robin!

I just now need the Mario Party 10+Mario Ver 2 amiibo which it'll be easy since it isn't limited in quantity and isn't a single store exclusive. The Peach one is what to be expected. Though, who else but me are actually going to use some of these Ver 2 amiibos for the Smash game and using the Smash ones for the Mario Party 10 game?

Yoshi and Peach Smash versions using for Mario Party 10 and their Ver 2's for Smash. Toad's is getting used for Hyrule Warriors and Mario Party 10. (You cannot use him in Smash)

Edited by PuffPuff

I doubt I'll use any Super Mario amiibo for Smash, but I might use the Smash Wario for MP10. I haven't even tried out the Amiibo Party yet, and I have no clue when/if the Super Mario Wario will even come out (though it seems likely at this point), so I'll have to wait and see.

I'll use all my SMB Amiibos with MP10, most probably (I only have Luigi atm, but as I stated before, Toad and gold Mario are ordered). :3 I also plan to use Toad with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. I'll use all my Amiibos to get presents in Hyrule Warriors too...eventually. lol

I've just found out that I need another Rosalina amiibo for Mario Party 10. Don't want the Smash data of my other one to be overwritten. I'll just get a Jap one since they're no more than 30 bucks on amazon. I'm not getting Rosalina ver 2 because it doesn't come with a Luma on it. -.- Another Yoshi solved for his different version amiibo. It's the same for only getting Luigi Ver 2 since his Smash one may have the worst amiibo pose that I've ever seen.

Edited by PuffPuff

http://gamerant.com/nintendo-rare-amiibo-cards/

Great news!

Nintendo knows our strong demands for these items and that they might reproduce more of these amiibos. It looks to me that they've settled their strike. Well...it's good that some of these discontinued products are coming back! Over 5.7 million amiibos have sold worldwide thus far! It is getting to be a huge success! Febuary's report, but this might happen soon. I hope Little Mac comes back! Love to get it for actual retail price. If not, then I can just get his amiibo card (It has the same functionality as an Amiibo figure) since cards will be made later this year as already stated by Iwata himself. For others, I can just get their cards if they aren't getting reproduced. I'm just getting the figures to only my most favorite characters! These cards are being made to avoid scalping. So again, take that, scalpers!

Edited by PuffPuff

Same. I'm just hoping that Nintendo takes a hint and knows that theres a demand for these things and produces more of them for future waves. Hell at this rate they'll probably sell more amiibos than Wii U's.

Edited by LordTaco42

Well

I had grape juice at home. I just wanted to get some more so I wouldn't have to go out over the weekend and get any~

OH! My gold Mario DID ship! WOOHOO! :D

I just didn't get an email about it for some reason. I'm used to getting confirmation emails, not to mention I did get an email from Walmart for the confirmation of the order in the first place... Oh well, as long as I get my gold Mario, I'm satisfied! I've heard very good things about Walmart's shipping quality too.

EDIT: Oh, just got the email! Better late than never, I suppose. lol

Edited by Anacybele