It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debating what time I should wake up tomorrow. Living in Northeast Wisconsin (about a 40 minute drive southwest of Green Bay), I don't think I'll have to wake up too early. Of course I may still miss out on Lucina and Robin, but I still have a good chance of grabbing a Pac-Man amiibo

On the other hand, I literally just got home from working an evening shift. Thank god I have all of Friday and Saturday off

Nintendo have just announced that more Marth's, Ike's, Lucina's, Robin's, Metaknight's, and Lucario's will be released in mid June for the Japanese market. If you want to import keep a look out for them.

About to head out to try and hunt for Lucy and Robin. Hopefully the fact that Toys R Us is the last of the Amiibo retailers to open means camping out at the front door will pay off. (Gamestop and EB Games on its plaza and a target a few streets away... and word on the street is that most of the collectors in my area are going to the Target for Jiggles) At least Toys R Us says they're pretty sure they have 4 each of the unicorns.

Edited by MoonlitSonata

Target loaded with campers, damn it's rainy here, too. Hastings up the road confirmed having robin and SMario. Pulled up, NOBODY IS HERE. They open in 70 minutes but I think I hit "silver" mine!

Call your local Hastings if you have one, they are an underrated gem for amiibo hunting and have carried all nonexclusives since wave1.

I've never heard of Hastings... I don't think there's one here. I'm waiting for Jigglypuff and Silver Mario to get on Target's website though.

I've never heard of Hastings... I don't think there's one here. I'm waiting for Jigglypuff and Silver Mario to get on Target's website though.

They're hard to find. It's a book/gaming/movie store but they're pretty well stocked in all things that you'd be interested in (I get lots of MLP stuff from them)

MY HAUL TODAY INCLUDES:

Silver Mario x2 (Target)

Splatoon Three-Pack (Target)

• They had 8 in stock, of each, and 2 left of each when I got there

Robin

• Hastings recieved one and I got it, but it's still in shipment so they're calling me later when it arrives

They didn't received any Lucinas wowie zowie

My Target had 4 extra jigglypuffs as of 1 hour ago. Ana, do you want me to try to get one for you?

Edited by Elieson

No need! I just ordered one on Target's website! :D

For some reason though, she's only working on IE, so go there, online hunters! My order went through and I paid and everything!

I'm just waiting for Silver Mario to go up now. Thank the gods above for online shopping though. I would have a VERY hard time getting Amiibo if I couldn't shop for them online. I can't drive and everybody here works and goes to school.

Oh nice, the IE exploit it legit. I fear it was like the SilverMario mobile exploit that might not've been real!

If you don't get your hands on Silver Mario, I think I can get you one, since my Hastings received 4 and nobody i waited in line with wanted them~

Yeah, I got a confirmation email right away and stuff too. Hopefully this sticks. But I'm keeping tabs on Reddit and such just in case it doesn't.

Also, proof for anyone that needs it:

Jigglypufforder_zpsrhtkmcmp.png

That delay on status updating is worrying me a bit... But hopefully everything will be okay.

I got the last Lucina and Robin at my Toys R Us. Got to be really early in line cause the campers were all at Target.

gQBzlQE.png

One thing I have to note is that I always thought the promotional pix of the Lucina amiibo gave her derpy looking eyes, but seeing her in person, holy cow her eyes are sharp! Also yay straight swords <3

Considering so many are getting theirs, looks like it'll work out for you I'd say, Ana

Luci and Robin look good for you! I'm awaiting mine but all in all I'm scoring 2 Robin, 2 Lucina, and 1 of everything else in this wave. If I can get another marth then I think I can do an SF giveaway for the entire FE set. Here's hoping!

Ah, I hope you're right, Sara! And that's awesome, you'll be helping out several SF Amiibros. ^^

I won't need to take part since I already have secured the FE Amiibo I wanted (Robin's arrival is still pending, but status says he's out for delivery), but it's still awesome!

Walmart switched my Charizard's arrival date from the 2nd to the 3rd for some reason, dunno why. But as long as I get her (yes, she'll be female for me too since I plan to customize her to be Charla from the anime, if you guys remember), I'm fine with this. :P Walmart has free shipping anyway!

Definitely going to order Amiibo from Walmart and Best Buy again in the future though, Best Buy is so fast and Walmart ships for free!

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, I hope you're right, Sara! And that's awesome, you'll be helping out several SF Amiibros. ^^

I won't need to take part since I already have secured the FE Amiibo I wanted (Robin's arrival is still pending, but status says he's out for delivery), but it's still awesome!

Walmart switched my Charizard's arrival date from the 2nd to the 3rd for some reason, dunno why. But as long as I get her (yes, she'll be female for me too since I pla, to customize her to be Charla from the anime, if you guys remember), I'm fine with this. :P Walmart has free shipping anyway!

Definitely going to order Amiibo from Walmart and Best Buy again in the future though, Best Buy is so fast and Walmart ships for free!

4c81dcfa39.jpg

Never forget

Target does free shipping for $25+, and 2 amiibo just barely triggers that (by $0.98 lol) so it's how I load up on Commons. I've got a SMB!Peach on standby so if I can net a Marth I can score a common too.

Ana will your Reserve be getting any?

Ain't she cute? ^^

What do you mean by my Reserve? ...Oh, you mean my AAFES Exchange where I work? We'll probably be getting some of wave 4 eventually. Silver Mario and Charizard, most likely. Can't guarantee any of the rare ones though. We did get Little Macs and Captain Falcons in the past, but still.

Also, the delay on status updating message went away on my Jigglypuff order, she's still safe. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Oops yea I meant the Exchange. That'll be a pleasant surprise when you get an extra Robin in a month.

My local BestBuy received no Amiibo this week so the MetaKnight hunt is still on for you!

Edited by Elieson

What would I do with an extra Robin though? Unless I miss the Meta Knight restock, there isn't anything I'd trade an extra Amiibo for...

Oh yeah, I gotta call my Best Buy and see if they got any/are getting any Meta Knights soon! :P

AAFES is a great place to get rare Amiibo when we do have them though. Captain Falcon lasted at least a day and there was only one of him after I bought one. :P The seven Little Macs we had lasted a week.

Edited by Anacybele

What would I do with an extra Robin though? Unless I miss the Meta Knight restock, there isn't anything I'd trade an extra Amiibo for...

Oh yeah, I gotta call my Best Buy and see if they got any/are getting any Meta Knights soon! :P

AAFES is a great place to get rare Amiibo when we do have them though. Captain Falcon lasted at least a day and there was only one of him after I bought one. :P The seven Little Macs we had lasted a week.

Trade it for a Meta Knight :P

*Edit*

Lucina arrived~ Her box smells of Strawberries >.>

Edited by Elieson

If I don't get one before then, of course. :P

I just got Silver Mario from Hastings's website! Also, it turns out we do have a Hastings here in my city. In fact, it's one of only TWO Hastings in the entire state, omg wow.

Hot diggity!

Ana, if you're looking for stock, Call them up. They're a great organization and not that many people utilize their actual stores. They will do holds for 3 months~

If I ever use lucina i'm calling her Berry now this is too funny

Edited by Elieson

Oh, I know Best Buy does holds, they held a copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for me back in 2013 and I was having trouble finding the game because it sold out all over the place. I wanted the game so bad! So yeah, I'm definitely going to go grab the phone number and call!

EDIT: Ack, our store here doesn't have any yet and doesn't know if/when they'll be getting any. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

Went to Target (without camping out) and got a Pac-Man, and of course Lucina and Robin were sold out. I check the line at Toys R Us, say "NOOOOOOPE" and go over to Best Buy, where there is not only a surprisingly small amount of people in line (I was 3rd), but also they had three each of Robin and Lucina. Picked them up right away!

Now all I need is Marth to complete my FE Amiibo collection!

My Lucina and female Inkling came in today! I'll post pics later though. I'm going to seek out Best Buy for the rest of the amiibos I want that haven't already released because timely shipping is so good