Valkyria Chronicles PC Port Confirmed

IGdood

Well this game just pissed me the fuck off.

I'm on I think Ch. 7 (the one with the Batonys and Selvaria) and I literally can't beat it in time because the Batonys takes too fucking long to shoot at shit so I can actually take it out. I think what happened is that, early on, the Edelweiss was in its way, and so it wasn't moving as fast as it should, but I had no way of knowing that and was just sitting there wondering why fucking nothing was happening for multiple turns in a row because this is my first time playing and I was never told "move your tank out of the way so theirs can keep going." Now I literally can't beat the map within 20 turns on my current save in which I've spent over 2 hours playing this map. This is the kind of shit that makes me quit a game outright (though I will continue this later, just not now).

yeah that sure sounds fun and entertaining, to avoid combat in this, a game revolving around fighting

I get Bs and Cs. And if you actually intend your scouts to fight, they're pretty substandard - but better than a second or third trooper who doesn't have the movement to keep up when you don't always have a spare command point for them.

What's effective is not always what everyone deems to be "fun." By the way:

d1e29eef17298c60307f0334ae8b8d45.png

4c622a450a4be9e63bf05eaabbdf16b3.png

6e793a7cc41a06eb693c6ac568bf444e.png

when eclipse talks

you should listen

and not be condescending about it

This is what we call "mini-modding," something you're not supposed to do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this game just pissed me the fuck off.

I'm on I think Ch. 7 (the one with the Batonys and Selvaria) and I literally can't beat it in time because the Batonys takes too fucking long to shoot at shit so I can actually take it out. I think what happened is that, early on, the Edelweiss was in its way, and so it wasn't moving as fast as it should, but I had no way of knowing that and was just sitting there wondering why fucking nothing was happening for multiple turns in a row because this is my first time playing and I was never told "move your tank out of the way so theirs can keep going." Now I literally can't beat the map within 20 turns on my current save in which I've spent over 2 hours playing this map. This is the kind of shit that makes me quit a game outright (though I will continue this later, just not now).

Chapter 7 requires a lot of patience and in my opinion is the most difficult chapter in the entire game. The missions after that are much easier.

What I did in this mission in early game is use my lancers and edelweiss to take out all the main guns on the tank. Which makes it much easier for your other units to move around without getting mauled down. The issue for me isn't really from the tank itself but more so on the bad explanation of slowing down the tank itself with destroying the blue walls. Especially since you actually have to wait for the tank to be in a certain position before you can destroy the blue walls as doing it too early or too late will not open the hatches for you to put grenades in. But really the biggest threat is definitely Selvaria because of her wreckage weapon. You'll definitely need scouts if you want to manuever around to destroy the tank's hauls as Selvaria can't into walls.

Also I just finished this game and had a lot of fun with it. Marina will never leave my squad.

Edited by kingddd

There's several ways to get around this chapter. My (stallish) way was to hit the side guns with everything that could do decent damage, and then have my lancers chase after the tank. Then, when all three radiators popped up, I did as much damage to two of them as possible (without destroying them), while taking out the third one entirely. Once two of the radiators were down, I had everyone retreat at the second base camp, and re-emerge at the final one, then made sure to max out my command points. Once the Batomys turned the corner, it basically ran into four lancers and an engineer. Whether they sang or not is up for debate. Oh, and Blue Sparks Lady can't gib lancers like she does scouts. :P:

I'm a bit further ahead, and I ran into a similar WTF-point. I'll figure it out later, but it looks like an equally infuriating mission.

Chapter 7 requires a lot of patience and in my opinion is the most difficult chapter in the entire game. The missions after that are much easier.

What I did in this mission in early game is use my lancers and edelweiss to take out all the main guns on the tank. Which makes it much easier for your other units to move around without getting mauled down. The issue for me isn't really from the tank itself but more so on the bad explanation of slowing down the tank itself with destroying the blue walls. Especially since you actually have to wait for the tank to be in a certain position before you can destroy the blue walls as doing it too early or too late will not open the hatches for you to put grenades in. But really the biggest threat is definitely Selvaria because of her wreckage weapon. You'll definitely need scouts if you want to manuever around to destroy the tank's hauls as Selvaria can't into walls.

Also I just finished this game and had a lot of fun with it. Marina will never leave my squad.

This is pretty much what I did, it's just the mistake I made early on that inevitably made the map unbeatable.

There's several ways to get around this chapter. My (stallish) way was to hit the side guns with everything that could do decent damage, and then have my lancers chase after the tank. Then, when all three radiators popped up, I did as much damage to two of them as possible (without destroying them), while taking out the third one entirely. Once two of the radiators were down, I had everyone retreat at the second base camp, and re-emerge at the final one, then made sure to max out my command points. Once the Batomys turned the corner, it basically ran into four lancers and an engineer. Whether they sang or not is up for debate. Oh, and Blue Sparks Lady can't gib lancers like she does scouts. :P:

I'm a bit further ahead, and I ran into a similar WTF-point. I'll figure it out later, but it looks like an equally infuriating mission.

Grenades can take out the radiators in one hit, so I don't think that strategy is necessary.

Welp, gonna try again soon here. Good luck to me.