What triggers the lower walls in Paralogue 16?

Alastor15243

The rest of the walls are easy to figure out: collapse all at once when the door is opened, otherwise alternate which wall is broken each turn, going to the left and repeating. The lower walls, though? Those walls have NEVER come down for me when I've been playing carefully. I've only ever seen them drop when it means they can slaughter my party. I can send my most powerful units across to get the treasure, the walls will never go down. I accidentally leave my staffbot and dancer one space into those enemies' attack range? BOOM. The walls collapse and they all come out to raise hell.

Is there any trick to getting them to collapse without putting anybody in danger? I'm trying to use the paralogue to train lissa 4 more levels to get galeforce so I can get Owain.

Edited by Alastor15243

I think they come down whenever the enemies inside would aggro, and the enemies are more conservative about aggroing than most. Try blasting them with Mire to see if it triggers anything. Otherwise you could either leave a lure where they'll be in range of just one enemy should the walls open, or try to Rescue chain past them.

I know Nah's wall is strictly proximity based, but I haven't played 16 in a while so I'm not 100% sure on the others.

nah's wall is proximity based

the other walls break according to a vague pattern that goes like, one will be broken, if you approach it with a unit it will unbreak and another one will break

so you cover the potential breaches and then fake out the wall by approaching the current breach so your other units can stream through

it's been a while but that's how i remember them working when i spent like forty turns trying to auto battle through them

If all else fails, bring in a unit that has the Locktouch skill or kill the enemies that have Door Keys and open up the locked doors -- the door will force all breaches on the wall said door is at to be open for the rest of the map starting on the next turn.