American Animation vs. Japanese Animation

_____

Choose.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Cartoons v. Anime

• American Animation
    • Japanese Animation

Lawl. Really, let me phrase it like this:

There are some really good anime. There are some really good Western Cartoons. There are some really shitty Anime. There are some really shitty Western Cartoons. See what I mean?

There are shows like Invader Zim, Avatar, Swat Kats (Ok, maybe not Swat Kats :P), that are really awesome and are Western Cartoons.

There are lots of awesome anime shows.

But anyone talking about how anime overall have better story or something is kind of silly. The main stream anime, like the stuff that gets shown outside Japan, is often BAAAAAD.

Things like Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball Z are generally pretty poor in terms of story, animation quality, and originality. Granted, they have alright fight scenes, and the characterization in Bleach is kind of cool, but they are way too long. First of all, they never end, and are artificially lengthened by inserting really bad filler episodes. In addition, they suffer from "Shounen power escalation syndrome". This means that the main characters keep getting more and more powerful, so they have to keep making up excuses to keep going. The enemies get more and more powerful, or other bullshit is pulled.

But I might air slightly on the side of anime, simply because there are more anime series that I think are good.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawl. Really, let me phrase it like this:

There are some really good anime. There are some really good Western Cartoons. There are some really shitty Anime. There are some really shitty Western Cartoons. See what I mean?

There are shows like Invader Zim, Avatar, Swat Kats (Ok, maybe not Swat Kats :P), that are really awesome and are Western Cartoons.

There are lots of awesome anime shows.

But anyone talking about how anime overall have better story or something is kind of silly. The main stream anime, like the stuff that gets shown outside Japan, is often BAAAAAD.

Things like Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball Z are generally pretty poor in terms of story, animation quality, and originality. Granted, they have alright fight scenes, and the characterization in Bleach is kind of cool, but they are way too long. First of all, they never end, and are artificially lengthened by inserting really bad filler episodes. In addition, they suffer from "Shounen power escalation syndrome". This means that the main characters keep getting more and more powerful, so they have to keep making up excuses to keep going. The enemies get more and more powerful, or other bullshit is pulled.

But I might air slightly on the side of anime, simply because there are more anime series that I think are good.

this is pretty much the truth about everything.