American Animation vs. Japanese Animation

_____

Choose.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Cartoons v. Anime

• American Animation
    • Japanese Animation

Ah, the long fought fued is here. Which do you prefer, Anime or Cartoons (a.k.a. American Animation and Japanese Animation)? I like both equally. I'm no cosplayer who loves one side so much better than the other (If you are someone like this, no offense intended).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese all the way. They actually have stories.

But a lot of the stories are way too long and/or not used well. Plus, English voice acting is more tolerable than any of the shit that 4Kids touches.

This is good. There are good examples on both side. With Avitar and Code Lyoko being good American choices. And Bleach, Death Note, and others good Japanese choices.

I'll decide later

Ew. I didn't like that show.

Western actually has good animation sometimes. Innocuous response.

Both have good stuff, but animation that doesn't suck is more common among cartoons than anime, which I think is much more important as far as the medium goes.

But a lot of the stories are way too long and/or not used well. Plus, English voice acting is more tolerable than any of the shit that 4Kids touches.

Who says they have to be short to be good? And 4Kids doesn't do everything, companies like Funimation and VizMedia do a lot and do it right.

Who says they have to be short to be good? And 4Kids doesn't do everything, companies like Funimation and VizMedia do a lot and do it right.

I didn't say they had to be short. I said they were too long. Having 50 episodes on the same battle in Dragonball Z was meh.

Ew. I didn't like that show.

Yeah I can agree, the first season can be a real turn off and some of it was outright repetative. But I'm the person who will watch something I liked from start to finish

This is good. There are good examples on both side. With Avitar and Code Lyoko being good American choices. And Bleach, Death Note, and others good Japanese choices.

I'll decide later

you know what the saddest part is? Avatar is heavily anime-influenced, and Code Lyoko isn't even american.

true American animations are like looney tunes, disney, hanna barbera, etc.

and those horrible ones that are in air right now

i like them both equally in terms of style to me. but nowadays there is nothing new on air from america but those dumb cartoons made to brainwash little kids.

Edited by Crystal Chanda Leir

you know what the saddest part is? Avatar has an anime style of animation, and Code Lyoko isn't even american.

true American animations are like looney tunes, disney, hanna barbera, etc.

and those horrible ones that are in air right now

i like them both equally in terms of style to me. but nowadays there is nothing new on air from america but those dumb cartoons made to brainwash little kids.

Yeah Code Lyoko was made by a french company right. I think it was French. But from the main site. Which I saw about three months ago. Was in English, French and German. But anyways. That sways my vote.

Since those two can't be counted as American animation Jap wins. Because the rest of american animation is complete and utter shit

So...you happened to like them?

the older ones yes. they happen to be some of my favorite cartoons made in the US.

but as i've said, i love anime too.

i really don't have a prefered type. it all depends on the show whether i like it or not!

the older ones yes. they happen to be some of my favorite cartoons made in the US.

but as i've said, i love anime too.

i really don't have a prefered type. it all depends on the show whether i like it or not!

Pretty much this line just that I have to state that for me. Anime usually comes out on top