27 members have voted

1. 1. Cartoons v. Anime

• American Animation
    • Japanese Animation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese Animation is geared toward a more mature audience. If you count shows like Family Guy and South Park, then American Animation does as well, but those shows hardly have any intellectual merit. As for the shows themselves, Japanese Animation all the way. But in terms of quality, I wouldn't know, because I don't watch "cartoons".

Nobody cares about most of the American stuff that's getting mentioned. It's obviously crap. Stuff like Spumco, old Warner Bros, some 90's animated movies, the odd new show like Chowder/Flapjack/mebbe Mighty Bee is it.

Oh, and motherfucking Gorillaz.

Edited by Mac

Anime is just the japanese word for animation which are pretty much cartoons so saying one vs. the other would be like saying cash vs. money.

Also, nowadays almost every American cartoon is crazy bullshit. The only good stuff is the old stuff. I say Japanese>American because as much as I love Hung Kung Phooey and Courage, the Japanese have actually had the ability to keep up the quality.

Some people are can't see the superiority of anime. So far, almost all people who hate anime have the stupidest reasons to hate it. I just laugh at all those clowns.

And some people who're closed-minded, like you, can't see the reasons why cartoons don't suck. I'm not saying they're better than anime, but you're basically saying "Everyone who likes cartoons sucks ass!" which is NOT true. There is quality American Animation. <_<

And some people who're closed-minded, like you, can't see the reasons why cartoons don't suck. I'm not saying they're better than anime, but you're basically saying "Everyone who likes cartoons sucks ass!" which is NOT true. There is quality American Animation. <_<

Family Guy FTW

Let's just face it; overall, Japanese animation > American animation. I am a huge fan of the old school American cartoons, but only because I grew up on them. Yes, there's quality American cartoons, but much more quality anime.

Let's just face it; overall, Japanese animation > American animation. I am a huge fan of the old school American cartoons, but only because I grew up on them. Yes, there's quality American cartoons, but much more quality anime.

To me, anime looks all the same.

• 1 month later...

Old Western cartoons like Tom and Jerry and such were undoubtedly brilliant. However, Western animation today has pretty much gone down the crapper thanks to governments that try to shield children from reality and comical violence (Ala Tom and Jerry).

Anime is usually better in terms of both animation and story.

Edited by Shuuda