I'm sorry, but I'm getting really sick of Japan-only FE fanboys.

Anacybele

Ana, do you know what "Moving the goalpost" even means?

Moving the goalposts, similar to "shifting sands" and also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt.[3] The problem with changing the rules of the game is that the meaning of the end result is changed too.[4]

From Wikipedia....

Jave is definitely not doing that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so now I'm an idiot simply for making a mistake?

Excuse me for living. But he was still missing the point.

No one ever said that.

And no he wasn't, the "point" was logically fallacious and that's what he was trying to tell you.

Oh, so now I'm an idiot simply for making a mistake?

The only posts that has ever said "idiot" or "stupid" in this thread has been you accusing the Youtube commenter or people quoting you accusing the Youtube commenter being one.

From the sounds of it, you're jumping the gun and assuming everyone here is out to get you.

Going back to the original topic title...

I could be a Japan only FE fanboy and show you how an actual one looks and sounds like.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There's a thing called implications. I get called on it all the time when something I say implies something other than what I intended. But I'm not the only person capable of making the wrong implications.

The thing is, you're seeing implications where there are none.

They are simply correcting you.

Your implication is you simply don't want to be corrected, opinion or fact.

"I'm alone. No one can understand me. They're all against me."

That is playing the victim card.

As we have said before, you're not going to get people to agree with you with such a topic title.

Especially considering this is a diverse community that would have some side with the youtube commenter for you being unreasonable with your expectations of what is "rude" and your refusal to see what is rude on your end.

Edited by shadowofchaos

As FE fan. I feel like I am missing a really important part of FE by not playing the non-localized tittles since they are 7 out of 13 (not counting BSFE) because everytime a discussion is brought up concerning all FE tittles I know I can freely speak about any of the games I have played.

Is innevitable especially when posting in General FE forums.

So if I feel that someone is being rude, but you disagree, that automatically makes me wrong and you right? That's stupid. If I feel offended, I feel offended. And I was offended when that person on Youtube bluntly said "you need to play more FE games" after I even stated in the description that I've not played the Japan only ones.

I'm not trying to play a victim here or anything ridiculous like that. I'm explaining why I feel offended. I don't see what's wrong with that. But sometimes, I do feel like no one understands me. And what offends me may not offend you at all. And what offends you may not offend me at all. It's different for every person.

EDIT: This was directed at SOC, sorry. I was posting just as the person above was doing so.

Edited by Anacybele

Btw if you import a wii U from japan

you can play through virtual console all FE tittles from NES and SNES. But no FE6.

Someone send the patches to Int sys to get those VC tittles in the Wii U

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

So if I feel that someone is being rude, but you disagree, that automatically makes me wrong and you right? That's stupid. If I feel offended, I feel offended. And I was offended when that person on Youtube bluntly said "you need to play more FE games" after I even stated in the description that I've not played the Japan only ones.

Yeah... this is definitely a problem.

I really think you don't understand that both of your responses to the guy who commented were actually quite rude. He was just giving a friendly suggestion. He had no way of knowing that you were sick of being told to play older Fire Emblem games.

Edited by Monado Boy

The thing is, "if I feel offended, I feel offended" is a very selfish way of thinking about it.

All of your definitions of rude and offensive only revolve around you.

There are accepted definitions of being rude, Ana. That Youtuber's behavior isn't anywhere close to it and you should have just ignored it.

Do you feel the need to correct every person that will offend you on Youtube? You will tire yourself out.

When you made this thread, what were you hoping to accomplish? People to agree with you unanimously and not side with the other guy in the slightest?

Did you feel that you needed to be justified by the community?

i mean

what exactly do you expect us to do about it

Like "Yeah, I'm right! This guy is an idiot!" or something?

"When you made this thread, what were you hoping to accomplish?"

Please, if anything, seriously answer this.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There's a thing called implications. I get called on it all the time when something I say implies something other than what I intended. But I'm not the only person capable of making the wrong implications.

Protip: If you want to get me really, REALLY mad, assume my intentions without asking me about it. Bonus points if you assume the wrong thing.

In other words, try to see things from the other person's point of view before immediately deciding that they're trying to hurt you. The best course of action is to ask before making a decision (this holds true in just about everything).

I'm not trying to play a victim here or anything ridiculous like that. I'm explaining why I feel offended. I don't see what's wrong with that. But sometimes, I do feel like no one understands me. And what offends me may not offend you at all. And what offends you may not offend me at all. It's different for every person.

EDIT: This was directed at SOC, sorry. I was posting just as the person above was doing so.

Congratulations, you're going to get a second mafia post out of me, and this time, I won't be nice.

So if I feel that someone is being rude, but you disagree, that automatically makes me wrong and you right? That's stupid.

It means you disagree, full stop. There's nothing wrong with two people having different opinions on trivial matters. Repeat this to yourself until you believe it.

If I feel offended, I feel offended. And I was offended when that person on Youtube bluntly said "you need to play more FE games" after I even stated in the description that I've not played the Japan only ones.

The sense I get from this snippet is that you want everyone to listen to you, and if they don't agree with your sentiments, then you're offended. Guess what, that's life. You can either go through life being offended, or you can realize that there's far more viewpoints than your own, and accept the fact that the only person who will agree with you all the time is yourself.

Now, if you want to only hold your opinions, and never have anyone suggest a different opinion from yours, DON'T POST THEM!

I'm not trying to play a victim here or anything ridiculous like that. I'm explaining why I feel offended.

"Being offended" is "passive" - it means that someone did something bad to you. Next, your logic for being offended was that someone else had a different opinion than you (playing games you expressed no interest in playing) - the response I'd expect would be "thanks for the suggestion, but that's not my thing", and leaving it at that. The fact that you made an entire thread to highlight this, and the fact that you were offended by it is playing the victim, even if that's not your intent. The only person who can see what's going on inside of your head is you - the rest of us are stuck with looking at how you react to things to figure out your intentions.

I don't see what's wrong with that. But sometimes, I do feel like no one understands me.

The second part only supports the theory that you're playing the victim - I have a very hard time trying to figure out what could possibly make someone hold onto an opinion regarding video games so strongly that so much as suggesting something different would be considered offensive. You need to explain this throughly, because I'm unable to see things from that point of view.

And what offends me may not offend you at all. And what offends you may not offend me at all. It's different for every person.

Ask yourself why something offends you. If anything, you'll be able to explain yourself better.

Well, you explained a wee bit about why you see things the way you do, but you have a long way to go.

Ana, I'm not going to speak for anyone else. But I, personally, would be more than happy to get off your case if you would just stop throwing around words like "idiot" and "dirtbag" and "dumbass" around for every person you don't like. As you demonstrated in the previous posts, you don't like it when people imply that you're an idiot or stupid. And I think you'd be very upset if someone referred to you as an idiot or dumbass outright. Why is it okay for you to do this to other people when you get to cry all you want when someone does it to you? That's hypocritical, and I don't like that.

In my eyes, the person who you're even complaining about wasn't even rude to you first, you were the one who seemed ruder to him to begin with. Why is it okay for you to call someone you know nothing about (and who has no obligation to know anything about you) all sorts of personal names and attacks when it's not okay for other people to do the same to you? There's such thing as consistency, and I will be more than happy to leave you alone if you would practice what you preach and stop dishing out what you can't deal.

In that case I'm sorry you seem to only see the world as it revolves around you and apparently respect for other people's feelings other than your own don't mean a damn thing. :/

Edited by Sunwoo

"When you made this thread, what were you hoping to accomplish?"

Please, if anything, seriously answer this.

"I'm alone. No one can understand me. They're all against me."

Honestly, that's really all we ended up with... again.

Time to go home, everyone.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh, good.

No progress was made.

Again.

All of our points were just ignored.

Honestly, that's really all we ended up with... again.
Time to go home, everyone.

This is getting old. :facepalm:
(^This wasn't directed at you, SoC. You had some rather valid points.)

Edited by Anguis

I don't know the off-topic problem that is clearly feeding the flames of this thread but it has been said FE6 is uninteresting and I won't have it

FE6 is a wonderful (if unpolished) game with a colourful cast, a good storyline, and despite being infamously known for some issues such as hit rates and absurd throne bonuses, the gameplay is honestly fun and not even hard (in NM)

The OT should definitely give it a chance. You know, if it ever gets released in the West or if she changes her stance on emulation or whatever

I don't know the off-topic problem that is clearly feeding the flames of this thread but it has been said FE6 is uninteresting and I won't have it

FE6 is a wonderful (if unpolished) game with a colourful cast, a good storyline, and despite being infamously known for some issues such as hit rates and absurd throne bonuses, the gameplay is honestly fun and not even hard (in NM)

The OT should definitely give it a chance. You know, if it ever gets released in the West or if she changes her stance on emulation or whatever

*LOOKS uninteresting. Not it IS. I can't say that it is for sure, as I've obviously never played it.

And for the last time. NO. This is what I was talking about before, how people keep suggesting/pestering me to play a Japan-only FE despite that I've already stated my opinion on the matter. No offense to you, Axie, but I've already said no a hundred times. I don't want to play FE6. Ever. I don't want anyone bringing it up to me again. I'm sorry.

*LOOKS uninteresting. Not it IS. I can't say that it is for sure, as I've obviously never played it.

And for the last time. NO. This is what I was talking about before, how people keep suggesting/pestering me to play a Japan-only FE despite that I've already stated my opinion on the matter. No offense to you, Axie, but I've already said no a hundred times. I don't want to play FE6. Ever. I don't want anyone bringing it up to me again. I'm sorry.

There's nothing wrong with thinking a game looks uninteresting on the surface.

But the difference here is that you've settled that you're not going to play FE6 ever even if it gets localized, for completely superflous and shallow reasons.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, you ARE judging the game without playing it.

There's nothing wrong with thinking a game looks uninteresting on the surface.

But the difference here is that you've settled that you're not going to play FE6 ever even if it gets localized, for completely superflous and shallow reasons.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, you ARE judging the game without playing it.

I see a contradictory here. The fact that I think the game looks uninteresting on the surface is the main reason I don't want to play it.

I see a contradictory here. The fact that I think the game looks uninteresting on the surface is the main reason I don't want to play it.

I can think a game looks uninteresting, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to find out more about the game or read reviews about it.

If people tell me, "this game is cool, you should play it", I'd definitely consider it, unlike you, who dismisses everything people tell you as if they were trying to offend you.