First time playing this, want advice on my proposed team

Badnik96

Dieck hit Level 20, so I promoted him to hero first thing in 12x. That mission was easy as hell btw. swords pwn.

Considering benching the pegasus knights entirely, they're like never useful, and when they are there's too many archers for them to be used reliably. Plus I get Milady in the next chapter.

Hmmm...First, use Astore primarily as filler, but don't put him on Ch22. You won't need most of the treasure there anyways. Take Percival over Echidna. With Fae, train her a little so that she won't die, but don't use her as a main unit. (Trust me, you can finish Ch 24 without her.) If you take Lalum's route (which can be done by visiting the west village in ch9) use Gonzales. Geese is simply too slow, and dies easily. Yipes, with that team you will certainly go to Sacae. I would drop Sue, and train Tate more because Ilia is far easier than Sacae. Unless you're fine with Sacae, then stick with Sue. Add in a unit like...Gosh I can't think right now. Echidna is good filler, I guess. Niime. If you are willing to train Lilina, her magic score is brilliant, so she can make a good healer (she's a lot frail for combat). On NM, Bors is pretty good, but it's probably too late to do that. Take both Clarine and Saul. Saul for light magic, and Clarine for dodge-tanking. Otherwise, pretty good. Make sure to triangle support Clarine with Dieck and Rutger, because then Rutger will crit through the roof and clarine will dodge like a champ. Zeiss is also pretty good, but only on HM, where he gets +3 speed.

Edited by momogeek2141

Bringing the halberd and horseslayer to the map would be a good idea against the cavaliers. The horseslayer is better because of the better accuracy and lower weight.

In my playthroughs I always keep my units together.

If I remember correctly, the ballista snipers will move, if you're in their attack range. Promoted Dieck should take damage of them. Take the ballistas out as soon as possible to push to the right side and to prepare against the two waves of cavalier reinforcements. Again Dieck should take 3-4 hits of them. Give him an axe to have a weapon advantage against the paladin with the silver lance. It should work.

I think you already know you don't need to recruit Percival in this chapter.

Edited by The Taninator

In my playthroughs I always keep my units together.

This might be where I've gone wrong. I've split my units up, and one half of my squad can't seem to handle the northern bridges. However, I kinda don't really want to restart the chapter. If I need to, I will, but whatever...

*cracks knuckles*

Just a friendly mod reminder that double-posting (and beyond) is against the rules, as this is NOT a project/playthrough thread. I don't feel like going backwards and warning every single one.

As long as you're able to get through the chapters, your team is fine. If something's impeding your progress, try a different strategy!

Chapter 13 is hell. I'm still stuck on this damn thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w30tE1orK8

you're welcome.

the takeaway: there's not much a point in splitting up in this chapter. also use the horseslayer, wyrmslayer, and/or bows against the enemies that are vulnerable.

Edited by dondon151

Just a friendly mod reminder that double-posting (and beyond) is against the rules, as this is NOT a project/playthrough thread. I don't feel like going backwards and warning every single one.

Crap, sorry. New here and didn't look up the rules like I should have. Thanks for the reminder though, will definitely stay away from doing it in the future :)

Haven't gone any further yet, busy weekend. Planning to restart the chapter tomorrow.