So I've never really understood this (Death Note)

Knight

I just want to say, given his deteriorating mental state, if left to his delusions, I'm sure Light would have found some other reason to justify murdering. Perhaps he would eventually develop a eugenic mindset, it wouldn't be surprising. The idea of eliminating all criminals seems nice, but their sentence shouldn't be judged by a sadistic sociopath.

What he was doing was already a form of eugenics.

It's a question of whether the ends justify the means. What is Light's goal? We know from the start that it's to eradicate crime. That's...pretty cool right? It'd be the first step towards world peace, and almost everyone wishes for world peace at some point in their lives. (Mostly during grade school, but hey). Now along the way, he starts to kill non-criminals that "get in his way" but ultimately it's to further his plans.

I wonder why whenever Light's morality gets discussed, people seem to gloss over the fact that he planned to kill anyone he considered "useless" to society after all the criminals were dead (he even says so in the first episode/chapter no less). That and he immediately killed Lind L Taylor without any hesitation or remorse.

Light was never very a sympathetic character.

Edited by Black Frost

It's a question of whether the ends justify the means. What is Light's goal? We know from the start that it's to eradicate crime. That's...pretty cool right? It'd be the first step towards world peace, and almost everyone wishes for world peace at some point in their lives. (Mostly during grade school, but hey). Now along the way, he starts to kill non-criminals that "get in his way" but ultimately it's to further his plans.

The end pretty much never justifies the means. Especially if the end is a world controlled through fear and the means is massove genocide.

I blame the Death Note. His motives were at their core pure, but the method he acquired by pure chance corrupted him slowly. When he lost his memory, he was shown to be a good person who wished to get rid of Kira. So he would remain good if he never found it.

What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Go meet people, walk around and enjoy life. You can't friggin' justify mass genocide for the sake of black and white idealism.

I mean, why the shit would anyone become a fan of a mass murderer.

What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Go meet people, walk around and enjoy life. You can't friggin' justify mass genocide for the sake of black and white idealism.

I mean, why the shit would anyone become a fan of a mass murderer.

Because he is my god. He is god of the new world. Everythin he did was justified. Useless criminals that harm and kill innocents should be wiped off the face of this earth. Kira is the exception because he was saving more innocents by killing the twisted. Somebody had to do it, Kira was the only one who could. When he made it his goal to bring justice, he had to become one of the corrupt.

Light Yagami is god. My god is great.

Because he is my god. He is god of the new world. Everythin he did was justified. Useless criminals that harm and kill innocents should be wiped off the face of this earth. Kira is the exception because he was saving more innocents by killing the twisted. Somebody had to do it, Kira was the only one who could. When he made it his goal to bring justice, he had to become one of the corrupt.

Light Yagami is god. My god is great.

get out more mate