SRW OG and OG2 advice.

MacLovin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming towards the secret one gets in place of the trombe.

Ah, at the moment I don't have the time or patience to do the inspectors secret. 1 hour just to get them below the ?????? hp listing is just too much.

the gespy type S, Gilliams gespy, and the type r seem to be decent units.

It's more like 45 minutes than a full hour to kill all three of them if you are using an emulator.

Killing Sikalog is simply countering him on attack when the Hiryu's HP isn't too low.

Mekibos is killed by making him eat counters when he attacks Gilliam(just spam strike, he has SP regen anyway) while Gilliam is parked next to the Hiryu for support defense.

Aguija has to be killed the normal way, but because the other two can be cheesed so bad, you can just unload SP into killing her. Make sure to use support attacks killing her. Any remaining SP after that can be put towards killing the other two.

This is going to be a bitch to do.

Gonna have to save the supremes of Gilliam and Lune. Reset and make sure Villeta crits, and pray Sikalog doesn't crit when I go after him.

Fuck the Silbelwind though.

Ah yeah, I pumped a few upgrades into the chakram caster due to it being a good melee weapon with range. Gonna use it to level Bullet for the first shishioh blade. + to Angelgs shadow lance, illusion arrow, and phoenix arrow thing. + to revolver stake and the 2 Oxtongue rifle ones that weren't D

Edited by Groot

Yeah, I just reload, and I've found a position on the star, so the hiryu can recharge hp+en and spam its supreme.

fuck Silblewind. Seriously.

<3 Gilliam.

done, it took 3 hours. wtf.

Edited by Groot

Remind me, can anyone use the gespent type S? I think I know certain pilots who might do well in it.

Chakram Caster seems to be the best non-secret conventional weapon. Melee+decentish range on a variety of rr units sounds nice.

Maybe it'll go well on the Guarlion custom or the trombe once bullets out of the mk 2.

The Angelg seems to outclass the ashsaber. Is the Ashsaber still worth getting though?

Shame, since the Astelion is pretty sweet.

iirc she follows the same pattern she did in alpha 2 where her stats are shitty as fuck but basically any time sleigh appears onscreen they get boosted until she's actually pretty good

Remind me, can anyone use the gespent type S? I think I know certain pilots who might do well in it.

putting anyone other than kai in the gespenst S is blasphemy :P

The Angelg seems to outclass the ashsaber. Is the Ashsaber still worth getting though?

you generally don't get the ashsaber to put lamia in it; the angelg is strictly better in most cases I can think of. whenever i care about getting the ashsaber it's so i can put like latooni or gilliam (great pilots with mediocre mecha) in it.

vysaga lyfe tho

The Gespenst Mk-II S can be used by the majority of the pilots (ones that aren't locked into specific mechs).

Chakram Caster's good on a select few units/pilots - it's great on the Alt (with a Melee-focused pilot, of course) since it gives you some other post-movement distance attack that isn't Ranged and doesn't eat into your Rev Stake/Bunker ammo. I can't remember if I bothered putting any real significant amount of upgrades into it, though.

It also works on the Gespenst Mk-II S as a cheaper alternative to the Blaster Cannon until you can pump up the mech's Max EN. (As you need the EN for Gespy Kick if you plan on using it a bunch.)

The Huckebein Mk-III Trombe doesn't necessarily need the Caster since it has the Fang Slasher, though the latter does spend more EN and is only 1-3 instead of 2-4. (Though, unless you add something else that uses EN (outside of flight), the EN usage of Fang Slasher shouldn't be much of a problem...)

As for the Ashsaber, it's biggest draw comes from the fact that it isn't locked to Lamia. If you're using Gilliam as an endgame pilot, he'll want something that isn't the Gespenst (Type R), since Neutron Beam is obviously a Beam weapon (and he doesn't get a mech upgrade in the GBA version) - the Ashsaber's a great choice. But you obviously don't need to limit its use to him.

Edited by Lord Glenn

By itself it is nothing special. You want the type R for either the Boxer or the Gunner. I usually put Tasuku in the Huckebein Boxer and I've always liked the results. On the other hand, Yuuki and Carla seem like an excellent couple for the Gunner.

Edited by Sirius

By itself it is nothing special. You want the type R for either the Boxer or the Gunner. I usually put Tasuku in the Huckebein Boxer and I've always liked the results. On the other hand, Yuuki and Carla seem like an excellent couple for the Gunner.

Not even this - converting the Trombe to the Mk-III R is only worth it if you plan on using both the Boxer and Gunner at the same time. Otherwise, you only need the (regular) Mk-III (L) if you only want to use one.

That being said, I echo the Tasuku in the Boxer comment - it's always worked out for me (though, I will say that its Mobility does tend to render his high Defense wasted outside of Support Defense, which ends up in a cost of 15 EN for G Territory and usually no damage anyway to the Boxer...).

Generally, the Boxer's the best way to go - in my most recent run through OG2 (not far at the moment as I have other priorities right now), I'm actually planning on using both just for fun and only because I like Leona, because she'll fit quite well in it, and because I stuck her in the cheat machine last time, even though I never used Stun Shot to cheese the bosses. But, last time, I didn't even bother with the Mk-III R.

tl;dr if you've got a pilot setup in mind for Boxer and Gunner and want to devote the effort, go for the R. (Though, the fact that the AM Gunner, Mk-III, and Hucky Gunner all take separate upgrades is annoying.) Otherwise, probably just stick with the L and go Boxer with it.

what are the best pilot skills, aside from sp regenerate, to give to the pilots?

I'm assumming +will is generally the next pick, along with the likes of hit and away, and the in/gun fight ones for range/move.

+Will is worthless, imo. I can't remember a time I've ever bought it, or even considered it.

Echoing Wen's advice on Attacker and *Fight.

In OG1 I would consider the one that reduces EN costs to 70%, but I don't think it's worth it in OG2.

For your support pilots the Resupply skill is good (makes it a P option to refill someone's ammo).

Focus (the pilot skill, not the spirit) if that's the one that makes your spirits cost ~80% normal SP is also debateably useful for certain folk (particularly your Rouse/Cheer/Bless/Trust/Faith-bots and Aya). Maybe Bullet and Rai too, as I tend to use them as SP tanks for the main pilots of their respective combination mechs.

Edited by Balcerzak

Thanks!

Ah Ryoto and RIo are so mediocre :/. Wish Yuuki and Carla joined earlier.

Gonna redo ch30 again for the mastery. I forgot it.

I thought+will was worth it to get those high will supremes up and going sooner. like the srx combo attack.

Edited by Groot