Kid Icarus: Uprising

PuffPuff

There was a topic of this before, but...

they existed long before this one for another one of these to be made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HlKQ-d0oA

Many wonder on why that Kid Icarus Uprising has been a successful sell in the business like Awakening. Which has sold more than even uprising itself. This vid of Chugga who is an epic commentator shows on just how good that this game really is...

Does anyone else but me find any interest in trying out this game after seeing the vid of Pit hunting for the sacred treasures and Viridi? Smash Bros has injected me yet again. Tried out Xenoblade and it is good. Play it! This is also next on my list to play. Because these are experiences that you absolutely don't want to miss out and ever forget! Also disturbing that Nintendo removed Viridi's roses on her headband before final release of the Smash 3DS game! This was her original design...

kLFcde.jpg

Before

0bdbv2.png
After
Anyone that wants to talk about the game talk away!
Now seeing as to why that this series got overpresented not just because of the lack of time that they work on these games, but also that they are masterpieces. Dark Pit also hates it whenever being called Pittoo. XD

Absolutely love this game and I think I always will. This game and the characters are so special to me that I never want to forget them.

I couldnt have said it better myself. The gameplay is awesome, the story has a nice twist, the characters are lovable and have brilliant personalities, and the music is exceptional. The game has so much to enjoy and so much replayability that you could play for 100's of hours and still not get bored of it

I'd easily consider Uprising my favorite 3DS game. I got it when it came out and really sucked at it, but after picking it up again I really like it.

A good game with great characters and easily customized gameplay with the weapon system

Would reccommend

Played though it twice, really like this game, the combat is fun, enemies are varied, dialogue and characters are great (although Viridi could quiet down please when I have my headphones on) and overall is one of the best 3DS games. Some of the levels drag on a bit though and I wish there were more to the human characters, or at least a character representing the humans other than Magnus, like a general or something. Also, how the heck does weapon crafting actually work?

Kid-icarus-uprising-magnus.jpg

Best scene in the game. Magnus is hnnggg. I love the game. The dialogue is top notch (Hades! <3), the levels are great, the weapons are extremely fun and varied. The control can go die in a hole. If this game ever got better controls, it would be one of the best games like, ever. Could you imagine how gorgeous the flying scenes would be on the Wii U?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how so terribly awful it is to play a dual analog shooter game on a non-dual analog system. Biggest inhibitor on the enjoyment of the game.

Edited by Knight

Ah, this game -- loved it.

My only real complaint is the RNG-heavy nature of obtaining weapons and fusing them -- it's often very difficult to make weapons that have the mods and stats you want (ie. +8 Overall Defense and +4 Speed on top of 6* in Ranged for Solo mode), which may also involve needing a second 3DS system.

I own this game but haven't played past Chapter 13. As it turns out, the game does not wish to be played for extended periods of time and will punish you with aching wrists. Also, it has the least intuitive controls of any game I've ever played. It feels like an amazing Wii game that was crudely shoved into a 3DS cartridge. It's a shame too - everything else is fantastic and the flying segments could almost compete with Sin and Punishment: Star Successor.

i dunno, whenever i play, i never feel any wrist pain, or any other pain really. this may be due to the fact that i play with the 3ds on my lap while sitting, but i never understood how people couldnt avoid getting that wrist pain

Same here, except it doesn't matter how I hold it.

The control can go die in a hole. If this game ever got better controls, it would be one of the best games like, ever. Could you imagine how gorgeous the flying scenes would be on the Wii U?

I got used to the controls the instant I picked up this game. It works when you want it to work. The whole game would be gorgeous on the Wii U because dual analog would be a thing.

Does it help that I used to play online Light vs. Dark competitively? (Went by Jäger in case anyone happened to face me before.)

I can play this game for 8 hours straight with nothing happening to my hands. I don't know if it's because I have small hands or what though.

Well, i too have somewhat small hands, so the size of your hands may be a factor in the problem that others have

I don't think it's really the pain to my hands that it is the problem, just how much the control scheme doesn't really work, especially if you have a lost stylus. I find myself using the buttons instead, which isn't good, but better, but why wasn't the game packaged with the circlepad pro or something like that? They took the effort to pack it with a stand.

Many wonder on why that Kid Icarus Uprising has been a successful sell in the business like Awakening. Which has sold more than even uprising itself. This vid of Chugga who is an epic commentator shows on just how good that this game really is...

According to vgchartz.com...

Kid Icarus Uprising has sold 1.15 million copies worldwide.

Fire emblem Awakening has sold 1.35 million copies worldwide.

For a game that's 25 years old, having a sequel sell over a million copies is quite impressive. Maybe F-Zero will get another game in 15 years...