67 members have voted

1. 1. olivia or sumia?

• olivia
    • sumia

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumia's an apotheosis-capable first gen unit who has galeforce and a daughter to inherit Aether, better stats than Olivia (and Maribelle for that matter, since luck is worthless), an easier time getting galeforce by chapter 13 without grinding, a child with a much easier paralogue that, with some beastkillers, you can easily train her up immediately on, and an absurdly easy marriage method.

I'd say Sumia beats Olivia in virtually everything.

I prefer Sumia. Gives a better Lucina in terms of speed and skill stats also galeforce helps. Don't forget putting her with Chrom also makes Cynthia get Aether as well which is nice.

Which Olivia can get as well...

I prefer Sumia over Olivia as Lucina's mother.

-Most of the options Lucina gets as Olivia's daughter are primarily physically oriented, making that +1 to Magic almost go to waste.

-Sumia gives Lucina better Skill and Speed modifiers than Olivia does.

-Lucina can go either physical or magical more freely as Sumia's daughter.

-Lucina has the option of running a tank-based skillset as Sumia's daughter.

Which Olivia can get as well...

One starts as a Peg and joins in chapter 3, the other starts as a dancer and joins in chapter 11.

... Bruh. I know you're not suggesting Olivia is getting to Dark Flier 15 within 2 chapters.

Olivia doesn't need to pass Galeforce to Lucina directly for her to get it though. Lucina can get it on her own by reclassing to Dark Flier.

That being said, I prefer Olivia. I personally put Sumia with Henry because I heard Henry is Cynthia's best father. I like the Henry x Sumia support too. And similarly, I like Chrom's support with Olivia even if you don't get to see it when they marry. Inigo with Chrom blue hair is amazing too. Plus Inigo gets Rightful King to go with that Luna, Sol, Lethality, and Astra he has access to. :D Inigo can make so much use of Rightful King that it's crazy.

I don't use Lucina, so however she turns out never matters to me.

Olivia doesn't need to pass Galeforce to Lucina directly for her to get it though. Lucina can get it on her own by reclassing to Dark Flier.

Yes, but in nogrind it's much more convenient and useful for Lucina to start off already having Galeforce rather than starting to grind for it. Flying classes become increasingly more and more dangerous to use in too high numbers the further into the game you get, and the fewer people you have in-game trying to grind up galeforce in the lategame chapters, the better.

That being said, I prefer Olivia. I personally put Sumia with Henry because I heard Henry is Cynthia's best father.

Henry is Cynthia's best NON-CHROM father, actually, and he's actually a really useful father elsewhere that it's best not to waste on Cynthia when Chrom is available for it. Chrom!Cynthia gets aether and makes quite possibly the single deadliest sniper in the entire game, save for some Morgans of course.

Edited by Alastor15243

heard

I apologize since I'm breaking the whole "getting on your case" thing again...

But you need to work on this when going to gameplay threads.

Most of our suggestions here come from our own experiences.

Such as Lucina actually inheriting Galeforce from her mother actually kills a whole load of pain when it comes to her class trees.

You're sure as hell not going to Dark Flier anymore for Rally Movement. It cuts out internal levels that will KILL YOUR EXP on difficulties higher than Normal. It saves you a lot of pain. And really, only "hardcore min-maxers" that want a good Inigo will suggest Olivia because it exchanges a bit of Lucina's potential for Inigo's STR mod and Luna and Lucina's access to Vantage.

Henry is Cynthia's best NON-CHROM father, actually, and he's actually a really useful father elsewhere that it's best not to waste on Cynthia when Chrom is available for it. Chrom!Cynthia gets aether and makes quite possibly the single deadliest sniper in the entire game, save for some Morgans of course.

Chrom also wasn't available, though. By the time I found out that Sumia had limited options, Henry was the only one left for her. I should have mentioned this in my post though, I apologize for not doing so.

I voted for Sumia with Chrom, while Olivia with Libra. Here's why. With Sumia as her mom, Lucina gets Tomefaire and slightly higher speed modifier. With Chrom as her dad, the Pega Pony Princess Cynthia gets the exclusive Aether that stacks well with Luna. As for Inigo, having Libra as father grants him Tomefaire and Sorcerer class. Inigo's natural access to Armsthrift cries for Vantage-Vengeance Sorcerer/sage class set up. If Cynthia were to have Henry as dad instead, Cynthia could try to mimic Inigo, but that's not possible because she doesn't have access to Vantage and Armsthrift.

To sum it up, some of the optimized pairings would be Sumia x Chrom and Olivia x Libra.

Chrom x Sumia sees a greater benefit to Lucina both postgame and ingame, a greater benefit to the second child, a higher performance wife for Chrom both postgame and ingame, an easier recruitment Paralogue for the second child, a more useful passed skill (GF), and Sumia's only other decent husband is in ultra-high demand while Olivia's got plenty of options. There's really not that much of a question about it.

Chrom x Sumia sees a greater benefit to Lucina both postgame and ingame, a greater benefit to the second child, a higher performance wife for Chrom both postgame and ingame, an easier recruitment Paralogue for the second child, a more useful passed skill (GF), and Sumia's only other decent husband is in ultra-high demand while Olivia's got plenty of options. There's really not that much of a question about it.

As much as I raise these same points I still get met with "But Olivia gives Lucina a higher strength modifier!"

Let's try to make it shorter. Sumia makes for a good Lucina in my opinion. I never tried Olivia so I can't judge. But Sumia passes down Galeforce more easily unless you grind Olivia to death.

Edited by Rxmonste

I mentioned that Chrom is limited but Sumia is limited as well. So there's really nothing to fault here as the end result are good kids. Nothing crazy like Severa or Owain if you give them the right father. But still.

Limited?

Limited how?

Chrom literally offers practically anything any child of his could need except for Galeforce. He offers Aether, Luna and two excellent class sets, one of which has a faire. And Sumia? Sumia is so good she's a first-gen unit who has ALL of the skills and classes she needs to take on apotheosis.

Limited?

Limited how?

Chrom literally offers practically anything any child of his could need except for Galeforce. He offers Aether, Luna and two excellent class sets, one of which has a faire. And Sumia? Sumia is so good she's a first-gen unit who has ALL of the skills and classes she needs to take on apotheosis.

No, man. I meant he is Limited in marriage options. He has four wives to choose from. Five if you're a female avatar. Sumia is the same except you would have a male avatar to give her a fifth option, you get the idea. Chrom and Sumia are all good first gen units that can compete well. But their marriage choices are not enough.

Example: If Cordelia was an option for Chrom it would have been perfect. Vengeance, Armsthrift and Aether daughters and I always wanted to see Severa with blue hair (Which I did in the Hot Spring Scramble but it would have been cool as a permanent thing.) Plus it would be cool to see how in the Future Past 3, Cordelia would talk to Lucina and Chrom would talk to Severa. Would be kinda interesting. Oh well.

Edited by Rxmonste

No, man. I meant he is Limited in marriage options. He has four wives to choose from. Five if you're a female avatar. Sumia is the same except you would have a male avatar to give her a fifth option, you get the idea. Chrom and Sumia are all good first gen units that can compete well. But their marriage choices are not enough.

Example: If Cordelia was an option for Chrom it would have been perfect. Vengeance, Armsthrift and Aether daughters and I always wanted to see Severa with blue hair (Which I did in the Hot Spring Scramble but it would have been cool as a permanent thing.) Plus it would be cool to see how in the Future Past 3, Cordelia would talk to Lucina and Chrom would talk to Severa. Would be kinda interesting. Oh well.

Ah. Saying that Chrom!Cynthia and Sumia!Lucina weren't as good as Owain and Severa could be probably is what made me think that's what you meant. Mostly because I don't see how that's possible. Aether is friggin' amazing.

True. But inheritance will cut down some of the grinding.
Edited by Rxmonste

Lets also not forget how much of a pain in the dick it is to actually get Chrom to marry with Olivia. i.e can't have him near any other females for like 12 chapters (can be a little more difficult if you have a FeMU).

I could say the same thing about Luna, Vengeance, and Astra. Cynthia and Lucina as daughters to Chrom and Sumia are good. What I meant was since the other kids have access to many more different parent combinations. They end up making Lucina and Cynthia....Kinda inferior. I really think they're awesome, Though. Don't get me wrong. I think it's because I'm turning into an elitist after playing this game for almost 500 hours. It made me think too much about pairings, gameplay practicality and what's the best class for a specific unit. Play the game the way you want to play it. Don't let my opinion of how to make the best children stop you from having fun. If it makes you any happier. Chrom's Cynthia makes an awesome unit as a Bride. Killing an enemy, Getting a Galeforce boost and possibly rescuing or healing an ally. Falcon Knight from my experience works just as well for her. I mainly keep Lucina as a Great Lord because rapiers are super effective against mounts and armor. But she has the same caps as Cynthia so they're equally great. And Aether is cool.

Have you beaten apotheosis? No offense meant, but what you're saying kinda suggests you haven't.

I could say the same thing about Luna, Vengeance, and Astra. Cynthia and Lucina as daughters to Chrom and Sumia are good. What I meant was since the other kids have access to many more different parent combinations. They end up making Lucina and Cynthia....Kinda inferior. I really think they're awesome, Though. Don't get me wrong. I think it's because I'm turning into an elitist after playing this game for almost 500 hours. It made me think too much about pairings, gameplay practicality and what's the best class for a specific unit. Play the game the way you want to play it. Don't let my opinion of how to make the best children stop you from having fun. If it makes you any happier. Chrom's Cynthia makes an awesome unit as a Bride. Killing an enemy, Getting a Galeforce boost and possibly rescuing or healing an ally. Falcon Knight from my experience works just as well for her. I mainly keep Lucina as a Great Lord because rapiers are super effective against mounts and armor. But she has the same caps as Cynthia so they're equally great. And Aether is cool.

Uhh, dude, your take on opinion on best children doesn't even sound anywhere near game play oriented. It sounds purely opinion based.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Have you beaten apotheosis? No offense meant, but what you're saying kinda suggests you haven't.

I have beaten apotheosis. Normal and secret route.

Edited by Rxmonste

Lets also not forget how much of a pain in the dick it is to actually get Chrom to marry with Olivia. i.e can't have him near any other females for like 12 chapters (can be a little more difficult if you have a FeMU).

It's not hard at all, actually. I just got my Avatar and Maribelle married off quickly, Sumia remained benched, and Sully just generally stayed away from Chrom. I could've married her off quickly too though, had I decided on Vaike x Sully sooner than I had. xP