The Delay of Destiny (Discussion+Sign Up)

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone, as you can see, there's some debate between the characters as what the actual plan is. Now, I'd like to let you all know that you can, through your characters, suggest plans, which, if agreed upon, would be acted upon! Remember, you have some degree of control over how things will go.

I'm hoping I'm not to late because this looks interesting.

Name: Gabe age:16

Class: archer

Level: 7

Skills: counter

Gear: iron bow, herb

Backstory: Gabe was born in a small market town in Daein. His father was a hunter by trade and he also was part of the town militia. His mother was a cleric at the local church. Gabe was an only child and was very shy around most others because of this he didnt have many friends. At the age of 9 Gabe's father decided to teach him archery so that he could help hunt and protect the town from bandits. By the age of 13 he had become a fairly decent archer and a member of the militia. At the age of 15 however Gabe decided it was time to leave home. Before he left home though he had overheard some people in town talking about some red cave and psome sort of legend. Curiosity overtook his shyness and he asked what they were talking about. After hearing the story he decided to travel there and have a look himself as the story sounded interesting.

Personality: shy and easy to startle, doesn't usually talk much to strangers, he also isn't the most energetic.

Appearance: short stature , short brown hair, wears glasses, has emerald green eyes, and usually wears a brown wool shirt and brown durable hunting pants and boots, and has a round head and face with a usually tired expression.

Notes/quirks: zones out sometimes and is an insomniac

I am indeed fine with this application, though I'll need to address a few things. Gabe's level might be a bit high but that's largely unimportant, and I will need to know which version of counter this is based on: The Awakening version which is constant and returns full damage, or the Tellius version which is an activation skill that only deals partial damage, as I recall. Or a mix of those traits.

Anyway, we are technically past the cave but we aren't particularly far from it, so it would be fine for Gabe to have been there, run along a different path, but still intersect with the main group.

The forest was serene and beautiful today. Birds singing ,trees swaying in the breeze and the sunlight piercing through the treetops and illuminating the ground below. Gabe however wasn't paying attention to any of this. The only thing Gabe was focused on was a deer that had wandered into firing distance. It was a small stag with pretty small antlers minding its own business while Gabe prepared and arrow from a distance. He needed this shot to hit its mark as he both needed food and maybe he could sell the fur for money so he could keep traveling. Gabe had seen the cave from a distance but was warned by some of the people there to stay away as apparently something had happened up there and it wasn't safe. Gabe decided then to just travel around and see what other things the continent had to offer to him. After securing his kill Gabe tied it up and with all of his strength dragged the animal to his tent not to far from the cave and began skinning it. Gabe put the fur in his tent and started cooking some of the deer over the campfire. "This is the life ain't it." Though Gabe to himself. "Just me and my bow with nothing but myself to get through the day out here along with all the beautiful sights nature has to offer." "One day i swear i will se them all."

Actually, this raises a small problem: At this point things have already gone sour, so it's notably odd that Gabe is just sort of sitting in a tent near the cave, unless it was by the side of the cave opposite the mouth.

Actually, this raises a small problem: At this point things have already gone sour, so it's notably odd that Gabe is just sort of sitting in a tent near the cave, unless it was by the side of the cave opposite the mouth.

ill edit it quick to say that

Also you might want to break up your posts a little. Every time there's dialogue, put a line between the quote and the rest of it for example. It's easier to read. Not a huge deal, and Anon really has more right to say this, but it will help prevent your posts from becoming unslightly walls of text.

It also might be a problem if you keep him at the other side of the cave without meeting up with everyone else. Just a few nitpicks from an experienced RPer...but I'm not the person who made it so...yeah. I doubt Anon will have a problem with me offering advice, but if he does I'll stop.

At the edge, he greeted Albus and Valerina. "The Herons have grown aggressive. What irony. We better get the bandits to attack here, or we won't be able to win." Dal saw smoke in the distance."Could the bandits be gathering?" Dal thought.

I'm not there.