Dance in the Skies - Sylvia Glitch

Roivann

In FE4 chapter 4, whenever I try to visit the village where Sylvia gets the defender, my game freezes. I've seen online that I have to go to the village with Sylvia before moving anyone else on that turn, but even when I try that, the game still freezes. Is there any way around this, or is Sylvia (and more importantly, Leen) just cursed to remain defenseless?

in my experience encountering the glitch is just a matter of luck: i was trying to deliberately trigger it a while back, and much to my frustration it actually took a fair few tries until the glitch finally happened! i guess you're just not all that lucky today. :P all i can recommend is to keep trying to visit the village through the magic of savestate abuse until the glitch doesn't trigger

I believe it's a glitch related to the RAM.

What you need to do is save the game in-game, before moving anyone during your turn. Not using save states.

Then close the game and load up the game via the title screen.

It's probably a good idea in general to use the in-game save feature from time to time. Weird stuff tends to happen without occasionally loading the game. Like, there is Celice's third leadership star, the Light tome duplicate and the complete overhaul of the jealously system relationships. And this glitch apparently.

Edited by BrightBow