How do I add more character slots to the game?

RennacIsUnderrated

think of it another way: if you need more, you may need to consider reducing the number out of practicality and presentation

don't be like FE5 and FE6 where you get a fuckton of characters that never end up being used

think of it another way: if you need more, you may need to consider reducing the number out of practicality and presentation

don't be like FE5 and FE6 where you get a fuckton of characters that never end up being used

I'm only going about 2 or 3 characters over, it isn't too many for sure but for cleanliness and not wanting it to chop the last two characters off for the final chapter I think I'll just quickly figure this out.

just replace all occurrences of the address to the table

any decent ARM assembly/general GBA hacking/freeware tutorial should do

I hate being that guy who doesn't know jackshit but unfortunately I don't know jackshit. Can you let me know what type of program I'd need to use? (HxD, Nightmare, FEditor, one I don't know of, etc)? And then explain where to go and what I'm trying to do? If you don't want to go through the time of typing me a guide (I wouldnt either, I dont blame you) then can you let me know where the proper tutorial is? I just did at least 20 google searches looking for this information but it seems to be a little too obscure to find or I'm not looking in the right places.

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

you won't find a real tutorial because if you have so many characters that the game is literally forgetting them the only real way to accomplish what you want to do is to literally recode parts of the game from scratch, hence why i suggested finding a programming tutorial

alternatively you could try what brendor suggested which is to just allocate a different block of memory which is a bit easier but also far more dangerous (and a good way to accidentally ensure your hack doesn't work on actual hardware)

Edited by CT075

you won't find a real tutorial because if you have so many characters that the game is literally forgetting them the only real way to accomplish what you want to do is to literally recode parts of the game from scratch, hence why i suggested finding a programming tutorial

alternatively you could try what brendor suggested which is to just allocate a different block of memory which is a bit easier but also far more dangerous (and a good way to accidentally ensure your hack doesn't work on actual hardware)

Ahh I gotcha now. Though I'm not entirely sure the game is forgetting them, it's very....buggy. Ya see I can hit R and scroll through the characters until I find the ones at the end they just aren't being displayed for use. It's odd, it's like they exist but they just aren't being shown in character select. Furthermore I can reset the ROM and they'll all be displayed fine but if I back out of the menu and go back in they either aren't there again or one of them has duplicated to cover all of the spots (for example if pent and 2 other characters aren't being shown, 3 pents will be shown instead). So I wouldn't say it's forgetting them per say but it definitely is having struggles.