Dual-Typed Moves

Shinehollow

I doubt it would be a good idea. Making moves dual-typed would only serve to make things more needlessly complicated. I mean, I have a hard enough time keeping track of how Flying Press works, and that's just one move.

I doubt it would be a good idea. Making moves dual-typed would only serve to make things more needlessly complicated. I mean, I have a hard enough time keeping track of how Flying Press works, and that's just one move.

It's something I wouldn't mind seeing rarely on a choice few attacks, but I wouldn't want it to become at all common.

My sentiments exactly.

tbh, I'd prefer more moves like freeze dry, which aren't that strong but are super effective against types they'd be normally weak against

A poison move that hits steels, maybe? It's almost disappointing that such a thing doesn't already exist.

tbh, I'd prefer more moves like freeze dry, which aren't that strong but are super effective against types they'd be normally weak against

Freeze dry just pisses me off because Ice should have been super to begin with, GF just laughing their past mistakes up in a move that is how all that types moves should be working on water types.

Freeze dry just pisses me off because Ice should have been super to begin with, GF just laughing their past mistakes up in a move that is how all that types moves should be working on water types.

that would make ice so good as an offensive type, and it's fantastic already

the problem with the dual-typed move that currently exists is that it's not very useful. for hawlucha, it's not as strong as its pure fighting-type options and it loses all of the coverage that a pure flying-type move would confer. basically, dual-type moves, especially if they are STAB options, don't provide additional coverage and are usually weaker because they're more exotic.

it's actually similar with freeze dry; a lot of pokemon with freeze dry either prefer to run ice beam or run it together with a stronger ice STAB.

Edited by dondon151