Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leif cleared the arena so it didn't matter this time. I generally don't like to pass the sleep sword around because it's super expensive and Daisy unfortunately doesn't have bargain like dew does. I may have to do it for a few arenas though, because in this play through I'm pretty sure that with my reduced turn counts Leif won't have time to rescue all the civilians.

huh maybe I missed it but I thought Leaf didn't beat the General

and also I thought Bargain was a class skill for Thieves

(I've never paired Dew or used a thief okay)

I managed to cut two turns off of chapter 8 by switching the leg ring from Celice to Laylea and adjusting a few strategies (I also got the lightsword above 50 kills and Leif enough experience to promote.) However, some things are going to take ages to record, such as the Blume boss kill (.5% COS is bad enough as it is without the random numbers being uncooperative) and having Fee break the prayer sword down to one use twice (completely necessary to get Laylea the required items on time.) Though my policy thus far has been to include everything, would you mind it if for this chapter I skipped a few parts of the video, just as an exception (I don't want the RNG abuse to be much longer than the video itself.)

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Totally fine by me. I think RNG abuse segments are fine to include if you have a lot to say and need more video time to do it, but otherwise there's little point.

Length of RNG abuse doesn't always correlate to the reliability of a strategy, unfortunately. Like I may start RNG abusing closer to an RN chain that allows Celice to double crit Blume, which would reduce the time but not change reliability. It varies a lot. For instance, Celice's boss kill of Blume has about a .5% chance of success, but just because of how the chains work out I have to burn far more than 200 RN's. I suppose in place of length for the really unreliable boss kills I could give percent chances of success.

Just keep doing it the same way for consistency's sake...well, that's what I'd say anyways, but I really wouldn't care either way.

Length of RNG abuse doesn't always correlate to the reliability of a strategy, unfortunately. Like I may start RNG abusing closer to an RN chain that allows Celice to double crit Blume, which would reduce the time but not change reliability. It varies a lot. For instance, Celice's boss kill of Blume has about a .5% chance of success, but just because of how the chains work out I have to burn far more than 200 RN's. I suppose in place of length for the really unreliable boss kills I could give percent chances of success.

Dondon did it in his 0% LTC run of FE6. He used annotations to show the viewer chance of death and chance of success, it's pretty rad.

I always thought Ovo was a dude with a hipster haircut.

It's definately possible to 4 turn with growths, I think it might be even possible to three turn, I'm not sure yet though.

The Earth Sword has actually don't quite a bit of work, i'm pleasently surprised. I never ever use it in a normal playthrough, am I alone in this?

I always thought Ovo was a dude with a hipster haircut.

It's definately possible to 4 turn with growths, I think it might be even possible to three turn, I'm not sure yet though.

The Earth Sword has actually don't quite a bit of work, i'm pleasently surprised. I never ever use it in a normal playthrough, am I alone in this?

I find the Earth Sword has its uses, especially in ch. 7 with the whole Leinster defense, but I don't use it a ton either.

Normally I guess it wouldn't be necessary because units would have so much HP that they could survive an entire castle until winning an arena fight to get HP back. Unfortunately on 0% Growths Oifaye needs a little bit of help to stay alive. Also I have no idea what gender Ovo is, I could see it going either way, I doubt the game explicitly says Ovo's gender.

nice fire emblem 4 zero percent growth slow turn count playthrough

I never really make use of the Earth Sword since 5 double attacks before breaking defeats the point of tanking, but obviously if you try your hardest you can find uses for it.

Edited by Mekkah

IIRC I made some pretty good experience with Earth Sword back in the day with Azel!Nanna. Probably not because of the healing effect though.

Is 0% ranked even possible in FE4? How are you going to be able to fulfill the exp requirement?

[incidentally, I've started to think about trying to S-Rank HHM with 0% growth a few days ago and see how it goes]

I'm still thinking about my plans, I'm not sure if it's possible or not. All staff users could hit level 30 easily, and I suppose I'd take a lot of time in early chapters because I know I can make up the turns later. I'd pair Dew up for sure since bargain essentially means the ability to use the elite ring free of cost, I wouldn't pair up Tilityu because I think I could raise the subs relatively easily, Lex would obviously be paired with someone, probably Lachesis. I'm still not sure if I'm really going to go for it or not, still focusing on this play through.

I'm currently experimenting with the second half of this chapter, I think 10 turning chapter 8 might be possible on 0% growths albeit super unreliable.

Edit: a 10 turn is possible, but I'll need to replay the beginning of the chapter to make Laylea go one square further ahead. I was one square short of a 10 turn and I know I can push Laylea a tiny bit further.