Your Best/Favorite Game of 2014

Soledai

My top 3 games that I played but didn't come out this year?

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

My top 3 games that came out this year?

3. Shovel Knight

2. Dark Souls 2

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Predictable, I know. what else were you expecting?)

Honorable mention to Mario Kart 8. I had a lot of fun partying with that one. And the online mode was surprisingly one of the smoothest online modes I played in terms of performance. Zero lag for me (Maybe I was lucky with MK8 in particular?)

Wut.

Why would you play a game that's 90% story 10% gameplay if you don't understand the story. .-.

I had a hard time playing in Korean, since I only knew enough to roughly get the story (still an amazing story).

But...

._.

I do understand the story, i know pretty much the entire story and whats going on.

Yeah, and i've just looked up the plot and other important things in the series. I know whats going on in the games, but I just don't know what the characters are specifically saying since I can't understand Japanese.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS

Nintendo really nailed it with Smash 4. It combines Brawl's massive amounts of characters with a far superior game feel.

Now despite the core gameplay in Smash 4 being identical in both versions, I listed the 3DS version over the Wii U one because while both games are hampered by a lack of good modes to actually play in and an unbelievably awful menu system, these issues are far more pronounced on the Wii U version. And of course the 3DS version has the advantage of being portable.

Edited by BrightBow