How hard is this game on HM?

Yeah, sort of. It goes from easiest to hardest.

1 - Hard, but not too hard

2 - Harder than 1

3 - Hard

4 - Really Hard

5 - Way too Hard.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Sounds tough. What makes the game really hard?

Is it the enemy units are more stronger, or is it you get less experience.

Edited by Dark Sage

Enemies are stronger and reinforcements appear at the beginning of the enemy turn. Also, in higher difficulties, enemies have more Silver and Brave weapons, as well as forged weapons.

As for specifics:

Mode / Hidden Level ups* / Minimum weapon rank

H1 / 3, 4, 5 / C

H2 / 6, 8, 10 / C

H3 / 9, 12, 15 / B

H4 / 12, 16, 20 / B

H5 / 15, 20, 25 / A

* Early, mid, end-game

Thanks Vincent for that :)

What type of forged weapons do they have?

I'm guessing that in the start of the game, they would have weaker forged weapons that only excelled in maybe one thing. Later in the game, I think they've got the whole thing maxed out.

I haven't looked at much weapons, but it's usually non-Silver/Brave/higher level weapons that are forged. The only stats I remember are +4 Might and +20 Hit for a Javelin in the Final Chapter.

That's one strong Javelin.

I've heard that people have trouble taking out a few units in the first chapter without dieing.

It's true. I tried HM 5, and couldn't even get to the boss. I'm almost done with HM4, and that's a good challenge. ^_^

Now let's just hope that it stays that way when the game is finally localized. -_-

Heh, I actually heard someone jokingly say that the NOA would replace the 5 Hard Modes with 5 Easy Modes. XD

FE 9: Made it easier than Jap version, reviewers like it, fans get pissy.

FE 10: Removed Easy, reviewers get pissy, fans like it.

FE 11: ???

FE 12: Profit

Why hard 5 chapter 1 is HARD:

1. Avoid is crap in this game, every axe user will hit.

2. The enemies are overpowered, always hitting and they've got an A rank on Axes so they'll be even more accurate.

3. No Vulneraries.

4. Your only way of healing are forts which heal 20% each turn and you're mobbed at the beginning.

5. Avoid is crap in this game, terrain bonuses suck.

It's unfair really, just why did they use that avoid formula?

Anyway, the solution to chapter 1 is to javelin abuse, just give one to every person that can use em and make GOOD use of em.

I'd say so, and even harder than FE5. However, it's more broken_hard than fun_hard though (well, unless you're a fan of punishment ^^;;;).

I think FE5 is still more difficult, considering you've an average of five turns to complete each chapter. >_>

HM4 is already difficult, though, very fun. ^_^

I'd say so, and even harder than FE5. However, it's more broken_hard than fun_hard though (well, unless you're a fan of punishment ^^;;;).

Yeah this is pretty much it (though, not harder than SSS ranking FE5), from what I've seen the enemy stat boosts are a bit like FE6's (maybe more, not sure). The reason it's so easy to have your characters killed is the avoid formula -_-.

From what I've heard, if you're short on units you get some generic replacements which end up with pretty good stats. That and the fact that there's no ranking in this game means it isn't so hard to beat it since all that matters is getting Mediuth killed and Marth alive. Oh yeah, there's also the save points there are in the chapters, if you use them correctly they're like save states... only limited.

Edited by ThunderMan