Who should marry MU?

I've got these pairings so far - I have recruited all the kids already. (Except Morgan, obviously). My avatar is male, with a Magic asset anda strength flaw.

ChromxSumia

DonnelxSully

GaiusxTharja

Lon'quxMiriel

StahlxCordelia

HenryxMaribelle

RickenxLissa

LibraxOlivia

GregorxCherche

FrederickxPanne

VaikexNowi

MUx???

Thanks.

EDIT: Playing on Lunatic mode.

Edited by ShadowSlayer

Yeah. My thinking at the time was "I want to keep him as a Magic user, so why should I sacrifice something like Defense when I won't be using Strength?" By the time I realized this was an uncommon Asset/Flaw, I had already beaten the first ~7 chapters of Lunatic, and there's no way I would have gone through those again just to add a couple of points here and there.

In general, Aether access makes Lucina the best mother for Morgan and DS+ makes her the best wife for a MaMU. It's pretty clear-cut in terms of male avatars.

Now in terms of FEMALE avatars it's significantly more complicated, and I'll go over my view on it in case you plan on doing a FeMU later:

Male Morgan has no access to any unique amazing skills like Aether. The closest is rightful king, but that's only useful in-game, not in stuff like apotheosis, and it will force you to marry the sons of the two worst-statted mothers in the game (one has a mod total of 0, the other, ignoring luck, has a mod total of NEGATIVE ONE), or marry Chrom directly (Which will make Lucina fantastic, but will likewise give Morgan low stats).

So what you really want to go for is fantastic stats for your Male Morgan, and fortunately, all of the mothers with specialties in important stats wind up giving birth to sons (Laurent for Magic, Gerome for Strength, and Yarne for Speed/Skill).

If you're going for magic, the best possible magic mod is +10 with Ricken!Laurent, but be warned that Ricken is the only mage father who can pass down Luna, so if you don't like vengeance, you might want to save Ricken for Owain. You can go for somebody like Libra and with a +Mag asset Morgan's magic will be +9, still pretty good.

If you're going for strength, I'd go for either Vaike!Gerome (+11 str Morgan, strongest possible) or Stahl!Gerome (+10 str Morgan, second strongest possible but with a way more functional husband for FeMU)

If you're going for speed/skill, I'd go for either Lon'qu!Yarne (best speed and skill, can easily hit 100% DS rate with a +skill FeMU) , Gregor!Yarne (slightly worse skill and neutral speed but more strength, and Yarne's base speed is all you need to hit 75 with a no speed bonus partner as an assassin) or Virion!Yarne (Lets Yarne be an awesome berserker husband for FeMU as well as offering almost as good skill/speed as Lon'qu)

As for which of the three to choose, go for Gerome or Laurent if you're having Morgan supporting a galegirl and thus will mostly be in the back, and go for Yarne if you want Morgan to be a frontliner, because Yarne has by far the best mods of any potential avatar mate in the game.

Edited by Alastor15243

In general, Aether access makes Lucina the best mother for Morgan and DS+ makes her the best wife for a MaMU. It's pretty clear-cut in terms of male avatars.

Now in terms of FEMALE avatars it's significantly more complicated, and I'll go over my view on it in case you plan on doing a FeMU later:

Male Morgan has no access to any unique amazing skills like Aether. The closest is rightful king, but that's only useful in-game, not in stuff like apotheosis, and it will force you to marry the sons of the two worst-statted mothers in the game (one has a mod total of 0, the other, ignoring luck, has a mod total of NEGATIVE ONE), or marry Chrom directly (Which will make Lucina fantastic, but will likewise give Morgan low stats).

So what you really want to go for is fantastic stats for your Male Morgan, and fortunately, all of the mothers with specialties in important stats wind up giving birth to sons (Laurent for Magic, Gerome for Strength, and Yarne for Speed/Skill).

If you're going for magic, the best possible magic mod is +10 with Ricken!Laurent, but be warned that Ricken is the only mage father who can pass down Luna, so if you don't like vengeance, you might want to save Ricken for Owain. You can go for somebody like Libra and with a +Mag asset Morgan's magic will be +9, still pretty good.

If you're going for strength, I'd go for either Vaike!Gerome (+11 str Morgan, strongest possible) or Stahl!Gerome (+10 str Morgan, second strongest possible but with a way more functional husband for FeMU)

If you're going for speed/skill, I'd go for either Lon'qu!Yarne (best speed and skill, can easily hit 100% DS rate with a +skill FeMU) , Gregor!Yarne (slightly worse skill and neutral speed but more strength, and Yarne's base speed is all you need to hit 75 with a no speed bonus partner as an assassin) or Virion!Yarne (Lets Yarne be an awesome berserker husband for FeMU as well as offering almost as good skill/speed as Lon'qu)

As for which of the three to choose, go for Gerome or Laurent if you're having Morgan supporting a galegirl and thus will mostly be in the back, and go for Yarne if you want Morgan to be a frontliner, because Yarne has by far the best mods of any potential avatar mate in the game.

Thanks for that. I'll start training MU and Lucina together then!

Male Morgan has no access to any unique amazing skills like Aether. The closest is rightful king, but that's only useful in-game, not in stuff like apotheosis, and it will force you to marry the sons of the two worst-statted mothers in the game (one has a mod total of 0, the other, ignoring luck, has a mod total of NEGATIVE ONE), or marry Chrom directly (Which will make Lucina fantastic, but will likewise give Morgan low stats)

Not that RK is useful, but... Why ignore a stat that has marginal effect (Lck) over one that does nothing (Str)?

I'd recommend Lucina. I mean, she's awesome with Dual Strike+ and the daughter of your best friend. Morgan will inherit Aether and excellent Speed stat from Sumia!Lucina that allows her to double attack her father. Lucina has the most important cut scenes and has one of the most touching scripts in the Hot Spring when she's the Male Avatar's spouse. And she's in the Super Smash Bros with Male Avatar. :D