Final classes

I need some help deciding on final classes for all the child units. Here are the pairings. (I decided that there was no point grinding skills on some of the first gen characters, if their children can naturally get that skill. Ex: I didn't bother with Sumia, since Lucina and Cynthia have access to Galeforce already.)

Chrom Sumia Inheritance: Aether/Relief

Donnel Sully Inheritance: Aptitude/Luna

Gaius Tharja Inheritance: Counter/Lifetaker

Lon'qu Miriel Inheritance: Vantage/Dual Support+

Stahl Cordelia Inheritance: Luna/Galeforce

Henry Maribelle Inheritance: Vengeance/Galeforce

Ricken Lissa Inheritance: Luna/Galeforce

Libra Olivia Inheritance: Vengeance/Galeforce

Gregor Cherche Inheritance: Armsthrift/Dual Support+

Fredrick Panne Inheritance: Luna/Even Rythym

Vaike Nowi Inheritance: HP+5/Wyrmsbane

MaMU ??? Inheritance: TBD

Thanks!

EDIT: Playing on Lunatic mode. MU's asset/flaw is +Mag/-Str

Edited by ShadowSlayer

Lucina and Cynthia both need to go through Dark Flier. After that they can be whatever you want.

Kjelle will be so broken with Aptitude it doesn't really matter.

Noire should probably go through Dark Knight and/or Trickster to make use of the fact that she gets both STR and MAG passed down in decent quantities.

Laurent should be a Sorcerer, no doubt. Vantage+Vengeance is one of the most broken skill combinations in the entire game.

Severa should stay as a Hero because of the greatness of that line's skills (ie Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker)

Brady should be a Sage because of all the Magic he gets, and that will help his speed out.

Owain should go Swordmaster-Dark Knight.

Inigo has a ton of options, not sure what to say there.

Gerome should go through Hero to get Sol, but other than that he should probably stick with Wyvern Lord/Griffon Rider

Yarne I have no clue because I have never used him before.

Nah should go to Hero because Vaike passes that down so she can get Armsthrift/Sol. After that she should go back to Manakete.

MaMU should marry Anna, she seems to be your best remaining option. Have him pass down any good skill from something he reclasses to (Sol, Vengeance, Lifetaker, etc.) or even just Ignis since (I think) Morgan gets natural Veteran from Avatar. Anna can pass down any skill you want her to, almost all of hers are good.

Not sure how you plan to accomplish all of this on Lunatic Mode, but I wish you the best of luck.

Lucina and Cynthia both need to go through Dark Flier. After that they can be whatever you want.

Kjelle will be so broken with Aptitude it doesn't really matter.

Noire should probably go through Dark Knight and/or Trickster to make use of the fact that she gets both STR and MAG passed down in decent quantities.

Laurent should be a Sorcerer, no doubt. Vantage+Vengeance is one of the most broken skill combinations in the entire game.

Severa should stay as a Hero because of the greatness of that line's skills (ie Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker)

Brady should be a Sage because of all the Magic he gets, and that will help his speed out.

Owain should go Swordmaster-Dark Knight.

Inigo has a ton of options, not sure what to say there.

Gerome should go through Hero to get Sol, but other than that he should probably stick with Wyvern Lord/Griffon Rider

Yarne I have no clue because I have never used him before.

Nah should go to Hero because Vaike passes that down so she can get Armsthrift/Sol. After that she should go back to Manakete.

MaMU should marry Anna, she seems to be your best remaining option. Have him pass down any good skill from something he reclasses to (Sol, Vengeance, Lifetaker, etc.) or even just Ignis since (I think) Morgan gets natural Veteran from Avatar. Anna can pass down any skill you want her to, almost all of hers are good.

Not sure how you plan to accomplish all of this on Lunatic Mode, but I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks. But why MUxAnna? People suggested Lucina, Cynthia, or Noire. I'm thinking of Lucina, for Aether. Also, for Owain, I wanted him to end with Dread Fighter - to make use of his Magic, and satisfy his sword hand! They look pretty badass too. Would it be a mistake to do this?

I'd recommend against BOTH Lucina and Cynthia going dark flier. Give them a +3 (totalling to +8) speed pairup like a berserker and they'll be absolutely amazing snipers. I'd recommend making at least one of them (probably Cynthia since you're magical and marrying Lucina) a sniper, since Snipers are one of the best classes in the entire game, and in my opinion THE best.

Also, I'm not sure why he recommends Anna, she's pretty crappy gameplaywise, specializing in luck will do that. DEFINITELY go with Lucina.

Edited by Alastor15243

I'd recommend against BOTH Lucina and Cynthia going dark flier. Give them a +3 (totalling to +8) speed pairup like a berserker and they'll be absolutely amazing snipers. I'd recommend making at least one of them (probably Cynthia since you're magical and marrying Lucina) a sniper, since Snipers are one of the best classes in the entire game, and in my opinion THE best.

Also, I'm not sure why he recommends Anna, she's pretty crappy gameplaywise, specializing in luck will do that. DEFINITELY go with Lucina.

I believe he meant to pass through Dark Flier, not stay there. (Which is what I'm doing). I really like Anna, but on a Lunatic playthrough, I can't afford to make decisions based on the friendliness of a character.

I believe he meant to pass through Dark Flier, not stay there. (Which is what I'm doing). I really like Anna, but on a Lunatic playthrough, I can't afford to make decisions based on the friendliness of a character.

My mistake, I guess I misread. But yeah, I'd recommend Dark Flier for Lucina, since it's probably her best magical class and you'll want to be a magic user obviously, but you DEFINITELY want Cynthia at least to be a sniper. Longbows are obscenely useful, especially in apotheosis.

As for the other final classes:

*Note: for the record, Sumia can very easily get Galeforce by the end of chapter 13, even on lunatic, and that will make the rest of the game much more manageable on nogrind. So unless you've already gone too far into it without training Sumia much, I recommend going for that instead of relief.

Gaius!Noire is generally recommended to be a sniper, but if you're banning brave weapons (which makes Apotheosis much more fun and challenging with a higher variety of weapon choices), then she has a particularly interesting niche as a top-notch trickster. Tricksters normally suck for having low strength and decent magic they can't use a brave weapon with, but with a levin sword in hand not only can they do good damage, but they're also fast and can magically attack people without triggering Aegis+, which is extremely useful for Thronie and his cronies. Noire does this very well, with good magic and speed as well as the right procs and faires and galeforce. She also has enough speed to double Thronie without any further assistance, meaning you can give her a sage support, significantly improving her damage output on enemies like Thronie.

Donnel!Kjelle does well as a Hero.

Lon'qu!Laurent will want to be a Sage.

Ricken!Owain wants to be a magical class. I personally make him a dread fighter just so his sword hand comments make sense, but it's not his most optimal option unless he's marrying somebody who could just just a tiny bit more speed.

Brady will pretty much ALWAYS want to be a Sage.

Stahl!Severa: Hope you can handle the sheer horror that is Severa's ugly hair color. I'd go for Hero probably.

Libra!Inigo: I've never done a magical Inigo, but I'm GUESSING Sage, though he also has reasonable strength if you want to go Dread Fighter instead.

Gregor!Gerome: I suppose an axefaire warrior would be best for him.

Vaike!Nah: PASS DOWN AXEFAIRE. There's no good reason to pass down HP+5, Axefaire is way better. She'll probably want to be an axefaire hero.

Frederick!Yarne: I suppose he can still do berserker if you give him Tantivy or another +accuracy skill. Just make sure you're always in a situation where it activates.

Edited by Alastor15243

My mistake, I guess I misread. But yeah, I'd recommend Dark Flier for Lucina, since it's probably her best magical class and you'll want to be a magic user obviously, but you DEFINITELY want Cynthia at least to be a sniper. Longbows are obscenely useful, especially in apotheosis.

As for the other final classes:

*Note: for the record, Sumia can very easily get Galeforce by the end of chapter 13, even on lunatic, and that will make the rest of the game much more manageable on nogrind. So unless you've already gone too far into it without training Sumia much, I recommend going for that instead of relief.

Gaius!Noire is generally recommended to be a sniper, but if you're banning brave weapons (which makes Apotheosis much more fun and challenging with a higher variety of weapon choices), then she has a particularly interesting niche as a top-notch trickster. Tricksters normally suck for having low strength and decent magic they can't use a brave weapon with, but with a levin sword in hand not only can they do good damage, but they're also fast and can magically attack people without triggering Aegis+, which is extremely useful for Thronie and his cronies. Noire does this very well, with good magic and speed as well as the right procs and faires and galeforce. She also has enough speed to double Thronie without any further assistance, meaning you can give her a sage support, significantly improving her damage output on enemies like Thronie.

Donnel!Kjelle does well as a Hero.

Lon'qu!Laurent will want to be a Sage.

Ricken!Owain wants to be a magical class. I personally make him a dread fighter just so his sword hand comments make sense, but it's not his most optimal option unless he's marrying somebody who could just just a tiny bit more speed.

Brady will pretty much ALWAYS want to be a Sage.

Stahl!Severa: Hope you can handle the sheer horror that is Severa's ugly hair color. I'd go for Hero probably.

Libra!Inigo: I've never done a magical Inigo, but I'm GUESSING Sage, though he also has reasonable strength if you want to go Dread Fighter instead.

Gregor!Gerome: I suppose an axefaire warrior would be best for him.

Vaike!Nah: PASS DOWN AXEFAIRE. There's no good reason to pass down HP+5, Axefaire is way better. She'll probably want to be an axefaire hero.

Frederick!Yarne: I suppose he can still do berserker if you give him Tantivy or another +accuracy skill. Just make sure you're always in a situation where it activates.

All the child units have already been recruited. I passed down HP+5 to Nah because a) I was feeling lazy and b) I want to keep Nah as a manakete.

All the child units have already been recruited. I passed down HP+5 to Nah because a) I was feeling lazy and b) I want to keep Nah as a manakete.

Hm... I see... Well in that case you still probably would've had better luck with something like Zeal or Gamble.

Now the thing about using Nah as a manakete is that while she's powerful, she doesn't get to use brave weapons, so unless you ban them she'll be pretty horrible compared to everyone else, and also, she can't be a frontliner without the avatar as her father (she needs the avatar in order to have both galeforce and a proc). Granted, she can still finish off turns when paired with a galeboy if you give her Luna (which Vaike can give her thanks to his male-only classes becoming Knight and Mercenary). As for which galeboy...

Well, Inigo's technically the best option, but be warned, their supports are... distasteful. The other options are a male Morgan (which you don't have), and Brady and Owain. Now if you pick Owain, then dread fighter becomes a lot more viable, because of Manakete's bonuses to both strength and magic. So I'd recommend that.

I'll be blunt with you.

A) There is a pairing thread. All further questions regarding pairings and classes should be directed there. The thread was made specifically to consolidate topics like these.

B) You will not have the luxury of time to make these pairings in Lunatic. I'm assuming you mean in game otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned the difficulty since Apo is Lunatic+ by default. The only way you'll make even half of these pairings is through intense grinding. So much so to the point that you will not need the kids.

That being said usual classes for your pairings are

Lucina and Cynthia - Paladin, Great Lord (Lucy only), Sniper, Dark Flier, General (if you wanna be funny), Bow Knight.

Stahl!Severa - Assassin, Bow Knight, Sniper, Hero

Laurent - Sage

Brady - Sage

Ricken!Owain - Sage, Dread Fighter

Yarne - Berserker

Gerome - Berserker

Kjelle - Hero, Paladin, Bride

Noire - Anything that uses a bow

Inigo - Sage, Hero

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Slow down, folks. True, there are threads and clubs for this, but this thread's already made, so we might as well use it.

TC, do you mind clarifying exactly what you're going for here? Ingame or postgame? If ingame, where are you and are you grinding? It makes a big difference, and that's why you're getting conflicting answers.

Slow down, folks. True, there are threads and clubs for this, but this thread's already made, so we might as well use it.

TC, do you mind clarifying exactly what you're going for here? Ingame or postgame? If ingame, where are you and are you grinding? It makes a big difference, and that's why you're getting conflicting answers.

Sorry about the new thread. I'm not a big forum user and haven't posted in months, so I forgot haha.

I'm planning on doing Apotheosis, which is why I'm really going "the extra mile" for the units. I'm on Chapter 18, Lunatic/Classic, and I'm farming gold/EXP/weapons on The Golden Pack maps. I have access to Bride, Dread Fighter, Limit Breaker, All stats +, Paragon, and Iote's Shield (from DLC).

Lucina-Great Lord

Cynthia-Dark Flier or Bow Knight

Laurent/Brady-Dark Knight or Sage

Ricken!Owain-Dark Knight,Sage, or Dread Fighter

Yarne-Zerker or Taguel

Gerome-Wyvern Lord

Kjelle-Paladin, Great Knight, General, or Assassin

Noire-Bow Knight

Inigo-Hero or Dread Fighter

Stahl!Severa-Paladin, Dark Flier, or Hero

Edited by SerafallTheDevilGirl

Lucina-Great Lord

Cynthia-Dark Flier or Bow Knight

Laurent/Brady-Dark Knight

Ricken!Owain-Dark Knight or Dread Fighter

Yarne-Zerker or Taguel

Gerome-Wyvern Lord

Kjelle-Paladin, Great Knight, General, or Assassin

Noire-Bow Knight

Inigo-Hero or Dread Fighter

Stahl!Severa-Paladin, Dark Flier, or Hero

Why are you ignoring sage?

Much better.

Your difficulty doesn't change Apo in any functional way, so it doesn't matter. Have you started pairing up the children yet?

I haven't started pairing the kids yet, except for MUxLucina. Was wondering about those pairings.

I have finished all the kids, except for Nah and Yarne (which I'm trying to find skillets for now.)

I'm using filler skills, that will shortly be replaced with Limit breaker, once i get the dlc.

Lucina-Great Lord: Filler,Aegis,Pavise,Galeforce,Aether

Cynthia-Falcon Knight: Galeforce,Aether,Luna,DG+,Filler

Brady-Sage:Galeforce,Luna,Lifetaker,Tomefaire,(and as a filler), Vengeance

Laurent-Sorc:VV,Tomefaire,DS+, Filler

Gerome-Wyvern Lord:Filler, AT,DS+, Axefaire,Sol

Severa-Hero: AT, Luna, Galeforce, (Vantage, as a filler), Swordfaire

Inigo-Hero:AT, VVW, Galeforce

Morgan-Sorc:VV,AT,Aether,Galeforce

Noire-Sniper:Counter,Lifetaker,Filler,Galeforce,Luna

Owain-Dread Fighter: Luna, Vantage, Galeforce, Astra, Swordfaire (thinking of Astra being the filler)

Kjelle-General: Filler, Luna, Aegis, Pavise, Galeforce

Nah- TBD

Yarne-TBD

Yarne-Zerker or Taguel

Taguels reek.

Morgan, Cynthia and Nah want to go with some combination of Owain, Brady, Laurent and Inigo (but don't pair Nah with Laurent). Gerome and Yarne want Kjelle, Noire and Severa. Since those numbers don't match up, you'll need a slightly mismatched pair- Inigo can take it the best, and most of the physical girls will be fine with him.

Taguels reek.

Morgan, Cynthia and Nah want to go with some combination of Owain, Brady, Laurent and Inigo (but don't pair Nah with Laurent). Gerome and Yarne want Kjelle, Noire and Severa. Since those numbers don't match up, you'll need a slightly mismatched pair- Inigo can take it the best, and most of the physical girls will be fine with him.

But then Yarne won't get to make use of Beastsbane

Edited by Lord_Seliph

I haven't tried it out on no-brave runs, who knows, it MIGHT be useful, and the pair-up bonuses are friggin' fantastic, but when you have access to brave weapons, they're really outclassed. But then again, brave weapon runs are obscenely easy if you've passed party optimization 101 (galeforce maximizing).

Beastbane is pretty crappy, to be blunt - an unforged Beast Killer is only 3 points weaker than a Beaststone+ against the relevant enemies.

Okay, ignoring brave weapons, it seems like Taguel are still utterly horrible.

Pros:

* When equipped with Beaststone+, ties with "Trickster using Balmung" for second fastest class in the game, beat out only by "Assassin using Balmung" and "Swordmaster using Balmung"

* While lacking access to Mystletainn, with Beaststone+ they're another 48 skill class with a +skill pairup bonus (along with sniper and assassin), making them viable for 100% DS builds.

* On the subject of their pairup bonuses, they're fantastic, +3 strength, +2 skill, +3 speed, the ultimate physical pairup bonus, pretty damned good.

Cons:

* Terrible Class Strength-Might Total (The base strength/magic cap of the class plus the might of the class's strongest available weapon), at a mere 50. To put that into perspective, fellow shapeshifter the Manakete has 63, the Sniper has 60, the Assassin has 57(60 if you count a forged Alm's Blade)/59, the Sage has 67, and the Berserker (which every male taguel will always have access to) has 71(72 if you count a forged Hector's Axe). Even a physical trickster has 52 even if ignoring forged Alm's blades. Basically, Taguels will not be doing a heck of a lot of damage, and that's pretty much the job of any unit who will have taguel access. And keep in mind, this is assuming a no-brave run, where the attack power you have is vitally important.

* Exacerbating this, the Taguel class has no relevant faire skill, which is an absolute essential must-have for a support unit (which Yarne always will be), causing his attack power to further suffer.

* There is no situation in which a taguel will not have access to the assassin class, which is just as good or better in all of the Taguel's pros, and has a superior CSMT even though they might not have the right faire for the class.

Simply put, even in no-brave run, Taguel is an abysmal class to use, arguably even worse, and most likely you won't be one-shotting anybody with a pair with Taguel Yarne in it.

Edited by Alastor15243