Nintendo Direct - 01. 14. 2015

Quintessence

Why would this show up? Mario Maker effectively renders it obsolete.

Right, forgot about that one. But I've learned via the Bangai-O series that a level editor does NOT render future games obsolete. The most fun levels will always be the ones designed by paid designers, and those always run out at some point.

I agree that sales =/= quality though. FE: PoR and FE: RD both received good reviews, but sold like sweatpants in summer.

You can blame me for that. I didn't have an interest in FE until a friend lent me FE: Shadow Dragon. Likewise, I had no idea about Klonoa and F-Zero GX until I saw some extremely positive reviews on Youtube. I'm certain these games would have sold more if they had better marketing.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA

METROID METROID METROID

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X XENO- too long to type...

Also anything on anything, that'd be nice. I know it says Spring releases, but I can dream.

You can blame me for that. I didn't have an interest in FE until a friend lent me FE: Shadow Dragon. Likewise, I had no idea about Klonoa and F-Zero GX until I saw some extremely positive reviews on Youtube. I'm certain these games would have sold more if they had better marketing.

Exactly! I didn't know FE, Kirby, F-Zero, Metroid, or any of those series existed until I played Smash. I DID spend most of my gaming years in Europe where the selections of video games I had to choose from were complete crap because I still had American systems and could only buy American games from the American military posts, but I still used the internet a lot and stuff.

Awakening got great marketing and it sold like crazy. It also wasn't released near the end of its console's lifespan, unlike PoR...

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like I'm going to work after all. The weather isn't as bad as people thought. Sigh, thanks weather. ;_;

I can try to sneak to the bathroom to watch it on my phone, but I still wouldn't be able to post much, if anything at all. I'd be gone too long.

Just started watching but I'll post what I can before class.

Looks like a new fire emblem for 3ds (or something that looks alot like it) is coming out. New characters and world and everything. Same graphics/style as awakening though bigger emphasis on choices made throughout the game.

EDIT1: A couple of puzled games announced for 3ds and certain Wii games are being made downloadable via e-shop to be played directly from the Wii U menu. So far SMG2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Punch Out have been announced. Will be half price at their respective launchs.

EDIT2: Amiibo compatability confirmed for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

EDIT 3: Holy shit Lucina and Robin Amiibo confirmed in wave 4 along with Pac Man, Charizard, Ness

EDIT 4: Splatoon specifics disscussed. Shops and equipment mechanics explained. Available in May

EDIT 5: More DLC for Hyrule Warriors Tingle lol, Young Link with Fierce Diety, more costumes. 2015 release.

EDIT 6: Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer...Wow. Just speachless. That soundtrack though.

EDIT 7: Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Star e-shop exclusive on 3ds and wii U March 5. "Project Treasure" in development appears to be a free eshop title available for Wii U from Bandai Namco. More indie games announced for Wii U utlizing the gamepad such as Citizens of Earth and Bleck.

EDIT 8: Sega 3d classics coming to 3ds e shop. Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Story of Seasons, Fossil Fighters all confirmed for 3ds eshop.

Edited by TacoMan42

It looks like Romans versus Samurai, and it looks like there will be new classes and weapons, but other than that there's not enough story or gameplay details yet for me to make a judgement. Tis' just a teaser though and I'm hyped to see more.

Edited by Knight

1/2 price Metroid Prime Trilogy holy crap

I might WiiU after all

Next wave of Amiibo includes a handsome cast

ROBIN/LUCINA/PAC-MAN/WARIO/NESS/ZARD AMIIBOS YSSS

Woah, Mario Party 10 too...

Edited by Sara.

New wave of amiibo for Mario PArty 10 comes on MArch 10 (release date of the game) and includes: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser and Toad. This game writes new data on the amiibo so SSB4 amiibo data will be erased if you use said amiibo on MP10. Rosalina and Wario amiibos are compatible too.

ATLUS games being announced. Getting ready for SMTxFE...

Also that xenoblade chronicles x video looked boring as sin not gonna lie

Edited by Sara.