Nintendo Direct - 01. 14. 2015

Quintessence

NEW FIRE EMBLEM RIGHT AT THE START OMG!! :D

Are you guys sure it's not an Awakening sequel/prequel though? That female character looked a lot like Lucina (only better, imo). o.O

ALSO OMG IKE AMIIBO COMPATIBILITY WITH CODE NAME STEAM!! Instant buy now. :D

I hate Tingle with a passion, but Young Link with the Fierce Deity's Mask for Hyrule Warriors is YES. That was one of the few awesome things about MM.

Not gonna get the New 3DS until a nicer color is out. I don't like the black or red and I have no interest in the current bundles.

I'm disappointed at no news on SMT x FE and the Amiibo compatibility with Yoshi's Wooly World, but overall, good Direct. ^^ Also, no Amiibo compatibility with the new FE? :(

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man yes, a release date for Ace Combat: AHL+, and we're getting Puzzle & Dragons Z(with Mario Puzzle & Dragons), I almost gave up on it but we got a release date hnng. Shame, nothing on F-Zero or Klonoa 3, but eh. Pokemon Shuffle though, I gotta get in on that. I also wonder if we'll get Etrian Mystery Dungeon this March like GFAQs says, we'll see. Not hype for the New! 3DS XL since it isn't the New! 3DS, why'd they only bring one over.More reasons to get a Wii U weee

Fun Fact: I had no clue the first trailer was Fire Emblem, even with the Pegasus Knight, I'm all, "Is this a new Musou game? Oh wait it's Fire Emblem". Eyup

OMG. New FE right off the bat! SMTxFE is most definitely cancelled in favor of this.

Praying that this won't disappoint me like Awakening.

Yep. And Marth has an English voice now... I'm disappointed.

Wait. Is that Spike Spencer's voice I hear? OMG He's back from the OVA!

Looks like I'm coming back to SF just in time. New FE looks awesome! Like pretty much everyone here, I hope it brings back what was good about Awakening (seems likely that a lot of Awakening's features are coming back, given the fact that it uses the same art style and probably the same engine. Also Awakening sold so well compared to most other FEs that it would be financially moronic not to make future Fire Emblem games like it) and fixes the problems that Awakening had (for instance, I hope the higher difficulties rely more on needing strategy and not just luck. Also, while most people are at one extreme or the other on the Avatar thing, either wanting to have the Avatar be an important character like in Awakening or wanting no Avatar at all, I personally want the Avatar to be back but be more like a playable version of the Blazing Sword Tactician in terms of plot relevance and whatnot, rather than the all-consuming Gary Stu/Mary Sue of Awakening)

Unfortunately, I'm a bit strapped for cash right now so I'm going to have to wait on almost everything. Hopefully some of this stuff doesn't become crazy rare in the future (looking at you, Xenoblade 3DS. And Nintendo has yet to release Amiibos without a few of them becoming impossible to find the day after they're released, so what little money I do have will probably go towards hopefully getting Lucina and Charizard as soon as I can, along with both the Smash and Mario Party versions of Bowser. I highly doubt that the New 3DSes will become hard to find in the future, but just in case I obviously hope they'll be available when I can afford one, too).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

SMTxFE is most definitely cancelled in favor of this.

Whoa whoa, stop right there. Who says? I thought Atlus was primarily developing it and IS was more or less coaching them?

Also, I can't wait for Code Name Steam now! And my Ike figure! Ike can use not only Ragnell, but HIS DAD'S AXE URVAN TOO! My two favorite weapons for him in the palm of my hand for a new game where he can appear in. :D

Edited by Anacybele

SMTxFE is not cancelled. Atlus is known for releasing little information about their games before their release. IS at E3 said it was "right on track," or something to that effect. Maybe something will be shown at E3 this year

All this talk of amiibo compatability, and nothing about that Wrys cameo in Marth's special move? That part was amazing.

[14:38:59] DodgeDusk: WHOA
[14:39:00] DodgeDusk: WRYS
[14:39:01] Elieson: WOAH
[14:39:03] Elieson: YESSSSSSSSSS
[14:39:04] Elieson: DAT WRYS
[14:39:06] Christopher Kwong: lol that wrys
That was a good moment, not going to lie. Codename S.T.E.A.M. might be something I buy some time down the line
Edited by DodgeDusk

Whoa whoa, stop right there. Who says? I thought Atlus was primarily developing it and IS was more or less coaching them?

Also, I can't wait for Code Name Steam now! And my Ike figure! Ike can use not only Ragnell, but HIS DAD'S AXE URVAN TOO! My two favorite weapons for him in the palm of my hand for a new game where he can appear in. :D

I know I actually want to get this game now just to use the fire emblem characters as I'm getting all their amiibos. Good job IS!

MM3D Edition was sold out by the time I got home, so I went ahead and pre-ordered the MH4U bundle.

Same case here. Sad face sad. I think I might just get a regular New3DS.

Same case here. Sad face sad. I think I might just get a regular New3DS.

Yeah, if you're not a Monster Hunter fan that'd be your best bet. The amount of money I had to pay to get that bundle was insane. $17 shipping for release day. Jesus fucking christ.

STEAM and Xenoblade are my main 3DS wants this year. Maybe the FE game depending on what happens with it.

Xenoblade X is, by far, my most anticipated game of this year. Every time I see it my hype levels skyrocket.

What's that? I see that's Toadette on the Mario Paty 10 + amiibo bundle!

Woo! She's finally back into the Mario Party series after her devastating disappearance in Mario Party 9! We don't know if she's playable, but at least she's in the game, and that's what makes me happy!

I really want the New 3DS right away, but I just don't want red or black. I think I just might end up waiting for a blue one. I don't want Xenoblade Chronicles 3D anyways.

Japan gets more Wii games for the Virtual Console!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizap1jvoI8&feature=youtu.be&t=16m40s

Donkey Kong Country Returns!

Kirby's Return to Dreamland!

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor! :awesome:

Pandora's Tower! (Hopefully free of that godawful glitch)

And one I don't recognize!

The Japanese Direct also has footage of games not yet confirmed for localization.

Edited by Zera

Hopefully we'll get Pandora's Tower down the road. It'll give me an excuse to try it out.

I highly recommend it. If it's free of that annoying glitch and priced at $20, I'll completely re-buy it. Such a nice, original game.