Known Information

VincentASM

I do agree that it might be pushing it since Pokémon and Fire Emblem are two distinct series but who knows? X and Y were expected to do well which is why I think it got a same-day release while something like... let's say Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which needed little translation(to my knowledge since I don't actually have the game and I didn't really look into it that much) had separate release dates with Japan in January this year and the other countries getting it the following months.

That being said, I do agree with the Direct and E3 giving us more info about the game because of obvious reasons, mainly that Directs are usually full of info and I think they might even release a new trailer for E3 if not during the Direct.

Again, I just hope we get it this year, even if it is a holiday release(although preferably earlier.)

A holiday release is unlikely, since that is reserved for their big releases. Right now, the games I'm seeing as their holiday releases are Zelda U, Mario Maker (minor retail game in the vain of Captain Toad), and Pokemon Z/X2/Y2 (which would probably be announced sometime later this year.

I'm seeing one of two possible release windows for the game. For this year, it'd be September-October; just in the sweet spot to avoid any big releases (right now, I think Xenoblade X will be released this summer). And of course, there is early next year as the other window. Though personally, that is on the lower end of my probability. Nintendo is likely publishing Bravely Second for international release, and my own prediction is that will come out early next year. Nintendo wouldn't want two RPGs releasing close to each other and competing for sales with each other.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A holiday release is unlikely, since that is reserved for their big releases. Right now, the games I'm seeing as their holiday releases are Zelda U, Mario Maker (minor retail game in the vain of Captain Toad), and Pokemon Z/X2/Y2 (which would probably be announced sometime later this year.

I'm seeing one of two possible release windows for the game. For this year, it'd be September-October; just in the sweet spot to avoid any big releases (right now, I think Xenoblade X will be released this summer). And of course, there is early next year as the other window. Though personally, that is on the lower end of my probability. Nintendo is likely publishing Bravely Second for international release, and my own prediction is that will come out early next year. Nintendo wouldn't want two RPGs releasing close to each other and competing for sales with each other.

I had completely forgotten about Bravely Second. Yeah I could see the Sep-Oct window... since the game is basically made with the same tools as FEA(I think) that seems reasonable. I could see a very early Q4 if they want to but Q3 is what I hope for and what is probable. Well, what I hope for is the unlikely Q2 same-day release but we all know that probably won't happen...

I do wonder whether there is a way(even if insignificant) we would see it an earlier then Q3.

All this is making me wonder how the Pokemon games get to come out on the same day

One word: Popularity.

That and IIRC the localisers work closely with the development team.

Just gonna repeat what I usually say, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a quick localisation no matter the circumstances. The FE games traditionally have a lot of text to translate and NOA/NOE have got a lot more games to translate than just FE.

I imagine just Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to eat a lot of their time.

Slightly off-topic, I love how North America is getting Codename STEAM before Japan and Europe : P

All this is making me wonder how the Pokemon games get to come out on the same day

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because Pokémon's worldwide popularity is huge. Nintendo would want to get the game released in all regions as soon as they possibly could, as to sell as many units as they could. Also, a simultaneous worldwide release was ideal because a lot of X and Y's online features were designed with worldwide connectivity in mind (online trading, especially wonder trade, and wifi battles jump out at me), compared to Fire Emblem, which has only had online multiplayer in two games, only one of which was ever released worldwide, so a simultaneous release for Fire Emblem, a far less popular series than Pokémon, is a lot less of a priority.

Edit: ninja'd by VincentASM himself!

Edited by Rovan

Just gonna repeat what I usually say, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a quick localisation no matter the circumstances. The FE games traditionally have a lot of text to translate and NOA/NOE have got a lot more games to translate than just FE.

Slightly off-topic, I love how North America is getting Codename STEAM before Japan and Europe : P

Translating could depend on a couple of factors:

Overall volume of text, which could be lighter then Awakening, with the potential disclusion of children characters from story removing all permutations of support conversations, which would be a bulk of the the work.

How soon localization work starts on the game, which I imagine is probably pretty early.

If they used whatever techniques were used to speed up translation like what were used for the Pokemon games, since they also have a lot of text to translate. Given the overall popularity of Awakening, while not on par with Pokemon, is still notable, so it's likely.

And when you speak about Xenoblade, your speaking as if they can't just outsource the work on Fire Emblem. I imagine that Xenoblade is being handled by Nintendo's internal teams, and they handed off Fire Emblem to 8-4, since they're already done Awakening.

As for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. the game features famous American figures (real and fictional). Of course we're getting it first.:p

Y'know, I wouldn't mind if they took their time for translation. It could mean that we get a lot of text and I don't know about you guys but I love reading text in FE games. So maybe that aspect wouldn't be so bad. Although... it depends on what kind of text. If it takes them forever to translate a bunch of weapon names...

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is great. I always wanted to play as the Lion and Tom Sawyer. :P

Edited by DualMix

My guess is a fall release as well. I definitely expect a small amount of information in the next direct, but I feel like we should't get our hopes up for a lot.

I'm guessing that a similar thing will be the case for E3, they want to give Zelda WiiU the spotlight, I can guarantee that, and there are a lot of news things they'll want to push.

I think our time ail come post-E3 where we'll get a steady stream of info to fuel pre-release hype, alongside a demo that's released in a late summert/early fall direct.

My guess is a fall release as well. I definitely expect a small amount of information in the next direct, but I feel like we should't get our hopes up for a lot.

I'm guessing that a similar thing will be the case for E3, they want to give Zelda WiiU the spotlight, I can guarantee that, and there are a lot of news things they'll want to push.

I think our time ail come post-E3 where we'll get a steady stream of info to fuel pre-release hype, alongside a demo that's released in a late summert/early fall direct.

Looking back on E3, this seems likely

• 2 weeks later...

Translating could depend on a couple of factors

This is not entirely rare, but sometimes translation can occur while the game is being developed. As the script is progressing/finished, the texts and files are sent to the localization company and there, translation occurs.

This is not entirely rare, but sometimes translation can occur while the game is being developed. As the script is progressing/finished, the texts and files are sent to the localization company and there, translation occurs.

One can only hope...

So, no new March 13th info, it seems? *sighs*

I guess we'll probably hear something in April.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for new info. I'll be happy as long as they confirm beast characters are coming back (I'm pretty sure one of the units in the video was a taguel so I'm almost certain of this already but man I'd love it confirmed).

Yeah, having a localization team work with developers makes them come out at the same time.

My favorite game atm, FFXIV works that way too. In face, the developers there actually go to the Localization team for names and stuff.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for new info.

Lol, at this point, me too. I naively thought we would have gotten something else by now! D: At least we shouldn't have to wait much longer for a Direct.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for new info. I'll be happy as long as they confirm beast characters are coming back (I'm pretty sure one of the units in the video was a taguel so I'm almost certain of this already but man I'd love it confirmed).

This is me, except replace the beast info with knowing whether or not I can waifu Marx. I feel like I've fallen in love. I don't know anything about him except he's beautiful and has this classy European Prince look going on, and I want to have his fictional child.

LOL, I'm a fan of FE and real strategy RPG in general, but I'm also a fangirl.

Heads up. The Mouth of Truth is believed to have represented the Pagan god Oceanus. Oceanus's sister was named Tethys. Make of that what you will.

I suppose it's possible that we could be revisiting Magvel. It's the only one left that has zero connection whatsoever to any other game right? Given that Awakening is FE1/FE2/FE3 like 1,000 years in the future.

But FE is known for tons of random mythological references so I think it likely that it's purely coincidental.

Tethys wasn't even an important plot centric character

We have one plot centric dancer (Ninian) plus herons... And it's name is unrelated to them.

I don't think this game has any connection to previous games, since it was described as a "completely new game," I believe. A connection to Tethys or Ninian seems unlikely.

I don't think this game has any connection to previous games, since it was described as a "completely new game," I believe. A connection to Tethys or Ninian seems unlikely.

Tethys: That's... what I said.

Ninian: I didn't say the game would be connected to her. I said that she was a plot centric dancer

So the latest Famitsu said that Nintendo has announced a major game that would be revealed soon... I doubt it's Fire Emblem(probably some bigger franchise SMTxFE) but keeping my fingers crossed for it to be more info about FE:if, although again, I don't think it would be stated as a "major announcement" type of thing.

So the latest Famitsu said that Nintendo has announced a major game that would be revealed soon... I doubt it's Fire Emblem(probably some bigger franchise SMTxFE) but keeping my fingers crossed for it to be more info about FE:if, although again, I don't think it would be stated as a "major announcement" type of thing.

Doesn't "major game that will be revealed soon" imply we know not of it yet. New 3DS Adult timeline game pls