I am REALLY excited for this!

Fire Emblem Fan

As soon as I heard/saw the announcement for the new Fire Emblem, I got really, really excited! So excited I couldn't think straight enough to share my excitement on these forums or anywhere else. But now that I've calmed down...I'm excited! And, these are my thoughts so far:

Looks very feudal-Japan-ish to me, which I really like. I think that kind of setting will make for an interesting story, and an interesting world, which brings me to...

...I think the world it's set it looks like a brand new one. I don't really see much that connects it to any other game. Which is cool. But, I'd also be totally fine if it was connected to one (or more) of the other games. Either way is completely fine by me.

What in the world was that rock-giant thing? That was one of the most interesting parts of the teaser to me. Maybe monsters like from Sacred Stones are making a comeback?

I find myself wondering if this one will have an Avatar character.

I do apologize if this has already been said or discussed in another topic. I haven't really read any of the other topics yet. But yeah, those are my most prominent thoughts.

EDIT: Also, dragons. I'm wondering how this one will handle dragons.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

The Japanese influence is really what gets me. Sure, a few weapons and one or two character per entry had Japanese or Oriental design inspirations, but we've never had something as overt as THIS.

Plus, people have noticed the opening scene with the soldiers vs the samurai had the Western soldiers clearly in Portuguese-inspired helmets and armor. That's significant because the Portuguese were some of the first Europeans that Japan opened trade with; Japan even has a few loan words and other things from Portuguese (such as "pan", the word for bread, and even tempura which was a cooking method that came from Portugal). This makes me wonder if you could see some interesting parallels with historical incidents because when the West started being interested in Japan was also when the Warring States Era started. Just interesting possibilities.

Sure, I don't mind people letting loose : P

I'm really tempted to get a Japanese 3DS now... Getting the same urge I had when I decided to import The Sacred Stones, but that wasn't region-locked.

I feel the same but alas, I do not speak japanese.

Fire Emblem Fan is excited for a new Fire Emblem? Damn, that's a shock.

(I'm excited, too)

I thought I was the only one that felt that it was feudal like. Perhaps this game takes place earlier than all the other FEs?

Really? I figured everyone would deduce that from the moment the trailer began. Looked clear to me.

Plus, people have noticed the opening scene with the soldiers vs the samurai had the Western soldiers clearly in Portuguese-inspired helmets and armor. That's significant because the Portuguese were some of the first Europeans that Japan opened trade with; Japan even has a few loan words and other things from Portuguese (such as "pan", the word for bread, and even tempura which was a cooking method that came from Portugal). This makes me wonder if you could see some interesting parallels with historical incidents because when the West started being interested in Japan was also when the Warring States Era started. Just interesting possibilities.

I didn't even put that together. Historical parallels could make it even more interesting, if it has them!

Me too, I have high hopes for this game. Anyone know when we could get more information? I need it.

Probably E3, unless Nintendo has another Direct before then, which they very well could. I could definitely see a "Spring Direct" before E3.

Fire Emblem Fan is excited for a new Fire Emblem? Damn, that's a shock.

(I'm excited, too)

Heeey :P: my username is a testament of how unoriginal I am when it comes to picking a username.

I literally did a victory dance around the house after I saw this; got plenty of weird looks from my family but I didn't care, I just can't contain my happiness and excitement for this. I seriously didn't think we would get a hint of FE14 until FE x SMT was out, and considering how little info we've had on it for so long, I had absolutely no hope for a true FE any time soon (especially since I'm not nearly as interested in the crossover comparatively).

Mentioned alot of the things I'm curious about as well. Cutscenes in particular look amazing!

I'm just really hoping blue hair dancer girl isn't the lord (because I've had enough of blue hair in general) or in anyway related to Ninian (which sadly seems to be the case from her name).... >_>

I'm really excited about the game. I don't have any expectations about the game just now, or at least, I try to keep them in check, but I'm really happy with what was shown in the trailer. (I also can't stop humming the track in the trailer)

I thought I was the only one that felt that it was feudal like. Perhaps this game takes place earlier than all the other FEs?

I noticed that too. Though I don't know why having a feudal Japan setting would mean it takes places before all other FEs. (IIRC, feudal Japan was after European medieval times, so if anything, it would be after)

I literally did a victory dance around the house after I saw this; got plenty of weird looks from my family but I didn't care, I just can't contain my happiness and excitement for this. I seriously didn't think we would get a hint of FE14 until FE x SMT was out, and considering how little info we've had on it for so long, I had absolutely no hope for a true FE any time soon (especially since I'm not nearly as interested in the crossover comparatively).

Mentioned alot of the things I'm curious about as well. Cutscenes in particular look amazing!

I'm just really hoping blue hair dancer girl isn't the lord (because I've had enough of blue hair in general) or in anyway related to Ninian (which sadly seems to be the case from her name).... >_>

I wasn't expecting it, but someone pointed out to me it's been 4 years since the initial release of FE13 so a new FE was probably going to be announced sooner or later.

The cutscenes look really good. Though the gameplay section also looked great. The smooth transition from field to battle is really nice.

IIRC, the dancer has no official name. And I remember you disliking Ninian, but not the reason

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm really excited about the game. I don't have any expectations about the game just now, or at least, I try to keep them in check, but I'm really happy with what was shown in the trailer. (I also can't stop humming the track in the trailer)

I noticed that too. Though I don't know why having a feudal Japan setting would mean it takes places before all other FEs. (IIRC, feudal Japan was after European medieval times, so if anything, it would be after)

I wasn't expecting it, but someone pointed out to me it's been 4 years since the initial release of FE13 so a new FE was probably going to be announced sooner or later.

The cutscenes look really good. Though the gameplay section also looked great. The smooth transition from field to battle is really nice.

IIRC, the dancer has no official name. And I remember you disliking Ninian, but not the reason

It has been a while, but considering Nintendo's track record with this series, I wasn't too surprised at the lack of news or attention. I just hoped that Awakening's success was proof enough to get another game, but they'd been so quiet for a while I was getting worried. I'm happy my fears were groundless.

I'm actually really interested in the fact that they deliberately mentioned the new story writer, almost as if they were trying to placate people who wanted a fresh new story. I'm interested in seeing where it goes, what with all the new emphasis on choices and such....and yeah the gameplay looks as nice as and maybe hopefully even better than Awakening's upon release.

Oh, god, so many potential new classes too from what I've seen.....so much theorizing to do~!

I wasn't sure if her name in the pinned thread was a place holder or legit according to the japanese; its apparently Nainin. Which is Ninian spelled backwards. Too convenient.

As for Ninian herself.....she's probably my least favorite (playable) character in the series, for reasons. I don't want to rant though, so I'll tell you whenever you get around to playing the game. XP

It has been a while, but considering Nintendo's track record with this series, I wasn't too surprised at the lack of news or attention. I just hoped that Awakening's success was proof enough to get another game, but they'd been so quiet for a while I was getting worried. I'm happy my fears were groundless.

I'm actually really interested in the fact that they deliberately mentioned the new story writer, almost as if they were trying to placate people who wanted a fresh new story. I'm interested in seeing where it goes, what with all the new emphasis on choices and such....and yeah the gameplay looks as nice as and maybe hopefully even better than Awakening's upon release.

Oh, god, so many potential new classes too from what I've seen.....so much theorizing to do~!

I wasn't sure if her name in the pinned thread was a place holder or legit according to the japanese; its apparently Nainin. Which is Ninian spelled backwards. Too convenient.

As for Ninian herself.....she's probably my least favorite (playable) character in the series, for reasons. I don't want to rant though, so I'll tell you whenever you get around to playing the game. XP

After Awakening's success and how they promoted it with Smash, I don't see why they would cut FE. Though it's true that they've been really quiet about the game. We're not even a year away from the game's Japanese release

I found it funny that they put emphasis on the writer, maybe they did see the criticism about the story and wanted to make sure people knew it was a famous storywriter who was in charge this time. I'm curious about the choices, but I don't want to let expectations hype me too much. I love the overall look of the game, just from what we saw in this trailer.

And yeah the possibilities for new classes and weapons are pretty exciting.

Pretty sure it's just people here who coined the name since I don't recall her name being seen at any point in the teaser.

Oh yeah, I still need to go buy a e-shop card to get FE7 on the Wii U. Oh and I found a snippet of convo where you talked about your dislike, not that you said much more than here, just that I needed to play the game cause spoilers

Edited by LuxSpes

The setting is the thing that intrigued me the most. It looks rather....different to say the least. But in a good way. Feudal Japan (At least that's what it looks like to me) is a history period that I was always interested in so I'm looking forward for this one. Forgive me if I don't seem all that excited to you. It's just that I need more concrete information before I get too excited about a game. We still don't know what the new "Choices that affect the world" are all about. Still, I think it's gonna be great.