Thoughts on New Fire Emblem's quicker localization

HeartTranquil

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a demo is possible. I wonder if we'll find any bugs in the demo like that one that was in Awakening's? '3'

(To be specific, the awakening demo had a bug because the bullion item was removed, but Leif's blade was still obtainable, and would freeze if the enemy dropped a bullion)

If you guys know Japanese, 3ds region lock is pretty much broken.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/556308860453920768

You can get it this summer.

I'm going to import this game so hard now

-dances in circles-

Edited by L95

Yo, region lock is dead. No hardware required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwAEqSmU7w

I was just coming to post that here. XD

HNGJSAKDNWEK

Now I must wait for preoders to go up... somewhere...

Play-Asia will probably have it when we get closer to the actual release.

My only concern with the above method would be if it gets patched to stop working between now and then, as just one of many things that can go wrong.

I myself plan to download it if I'm not in Japan at the time of release.

Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn all released within the same year as its Japanese counterpart, while Shadow Dragon was released in Europe the same year in Europe, so it's not out of the question. However, it's worth noting that most of these games came out very early in the year: Fire Emblem If is set for release in Japan in the summer, which could be anywhere from June to September. At best, we can expect it to come between October and November, given historical precedence of their localization, but I very much doubt it.

Incidentally, Path of Radiance was released on the 15th anniversary of Fire Emblem in Japan, April 20th, 2005.

My only concern with the above method would be if it gets patched to stop working between now and then, as just one of many things that can go wrong.

I myself plan to download it if I'm not in Japan at the time of release.

I could use the internet browser on my 6.something OG 3DS, I don't think it forces updates for the browser? (Yet, anyway.)

Yo, region lock is dead. No hardware required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwAEqSmU7w

OOT a bit, but... I'm so curious. I wonder what language will Fire Emblem Awakening Japanese cartridge show in a US reg 3ds? Has anyone tested it?

Since the Japanese SSB that is tested there is having English language instead. I'm curious what will become of Fire Emblem, so maybe testing it with FE:A will show us what might be of this new Fire Emblem if we were to import and play it using the exploit.

Edited by Suzuran

OOT a bit, but... I'm so curious. I wonder what language will Fire Emblem Awakening Japanese cartridge show in a US reg 3ds? Has anyone tested it?

Since the Japanese SSB that is tested there is having English language instead. I'm curious what will become of Fire Emblem, so maybe testing it with FE:A will show us what might be of this new Fire Emblem if we were to import and play it using the exploit.

No idea, but I'm going to guess Japanese.The English text didn't exist at the point of Awakening's release. Games like Smash have it that way so that they can switch versions without changing the ROM for the most part.

Went ahead and downloaded the (J) ROM, played on US system through Gateway. All in Japanese, as expected.

That said, a recent game which Intelligent Systems had a hand in was Daigasso! Band Bros. P on the 3DS, and it had English subtitles for music and cutscenes. Couldn't say much of anything past that.