Units

Giratina

So for a while I was analyzing the two maps that were most clear in the trailer, and I decided to kinda talk about the units that are visible on the maps.

tumblr_inline_niav4eCTDD1t3crcv.png

tumblr_inline_niav4lDkbK1t3crcv.png

So I won't talk about Kamui, in the black circles, since most people already know about them, and it's pointless for me to go on about something that other topics do much better in depth.

I'll start with the one that captured me the most, in the red circles, and that is Hinoka and the other red headed pegusus knight. Hinoka is obviously the one on the top in the first map, but there is another one below her. Perhaps they are sisters? Related somehow?

Then the next one is Felicia, the pink circles. I think it's safe to say that the maid will be a new class of the healer type, as you can tell by the staff she is wielding.

There's also another pink haired girl, who appears to be another healer, in the purple circle. Perhaps she has connections to Felicia?

For the yellow and green circles, we have two unnamed characters who I don't know much about, but I circled them anyways just because.

Finally, we have the blue haired girl, who I presume is the dancer from the trailer. I have a feeling she is also the other maid that you see in the scene with Felicia, mostly for the hair color, and this could play into the story somehow. But I'm not really sure about this, since I didn't really pay too much attention to that. Still, it's interesting to note.

One other thing that I want to mention is the fact that the second map appears to happen before the first map. Nothing too significant and is pretty obvious, but it's still interesting to note. I think this because there are more characters we see in the first map than the second, with only one missing from the second, and that being the archer girl (who is not circled).

So what are your guys's thoughts? I just kinda put this together so I may have forgotten a few things, but I haven't seen much talk about the units so I went ahead and gave it a shot.

One other thing that I want to mention is the fact that the second map appears to happen before the first map. Nothing too significant and is pretty obvious, but it's still interesting to note. I think this because there are more characters we see in the first map than the second, with only one missing from the second, and that being the archer girl (who is not circled).

I don't think this is necessarily the case because of the unit limit in each map.

The green unit looks to me like an assassin. Maybe he's an early pre-promote?

Oh interesting, I didn't notice that before. It looks like he might be. The only other one who looks like a promote seems to be the one unit in the top right corner of the first map, and I believe he may be a swordsmaster. That could just be my vision throwing me off, though.

I don't think this is necessarily the case because of the unit limit in each map.

I suppose that's true, but a lot of maps usually have the same unit limit, if I remember correctly. But you do have a point. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I've seen some speculation about the unit next to Kamui in the top pic. Her legs seem to be, uhhh, not human. They look reptilian to me. But she doesn't look like a manakete, taguel, or laguz.

Also the unit in the yellow circle appears to be a female fighter so I'm excited for that. At first I thought Hinoka was a boy, but the battle model seems female.

Edited by Owain Dark

Oh interesting, I didn't notice that before. It looks like he might be. The only other one who looks like a promote seems to be the one unit in the top right corner of the first map, and I believe he may be a swordsmaster. That could just be my vision throwing me off, though.

Actually, that looks to be the same exact class as the Green unit. Maybe we're looking at a brand new class here?

I've seen some speculation about the unit next to Kamui in the top pic. Her legs seem to be, uhhh, not human. They look reptilian to me. But she doesn't look like a manakete, taguel, or laguz.

Also the unit in the yellow circle appears to be a female fighter so I'm excited for that. At first I thought Hinoka was a boy, but the battle model seems female.

She could be a new non-human unit, which would be interesting. Maybe she could be taguel too, since taguels aren't exclusively just rabbit beasts. It'd be cool to see the taguel return and have maybe more of a role, since they are pretty interesting.

Fighters were an exclusively male class, correct? If so, then yeah, that's pretty exciting.

Actually, that looks to be the same exact class as the Green unit. Maybe we're looking at a brand new class here?

Oh wow I didn't even notice that they were the same class. It could be a new class, but it honestly looks too similar to the assassin class to me. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I've seen speculations that she's the ice-magic caster.

Jan_015.jpg

Edited by Ryo

Oh wow I didn't even notice that they were the same class. It could be a new class, but it honestly looks too similar to the assassin class to me.

yeah I think its Assassin, but hey maybe because of the Feudal Japanese influences they changed Thieves/Assassins to a Ninja/shinobi class

Jan_015.jpg

Oh that's probably it. There isn't really another map sprite that matches the ice mage, and what look like weird legs are probably just her skirt.

Ohh, good point. Maybe it's just the sprite that's odd then. Either way it's probably a new class of some sort, human or not human. She definitely doesn't really look like a mage, and she could be a dark mage but something tells me that thats not exactly it.

Edited by Giratina

yeah I think its Assassin, but hey maybe because of the Feudal Japanese influences they changed Thieves/Assassins to a Ninja/shinobi class

That'd be pretty interesting if they did, and I see why they would. I'd imagine the classes to still be pretty much the same things, just with the name change.

Wait, is it just me or Felicia looks more like the unit in the purple circle and not the pink?

Also if Maid is indeed a new staff-wielding class, I wonder what does it promote to. War Maid? Lol XDD

Wait, is it just me or Felicia looks more like the unit in the purple circle and not the pink?

Also if Maid is indeed a new staff-wielding class, I wonder what does it promote to. War Maid? Lol XDD

I don't think Felicia is the one in the purple circle, since she's a maid, but I do agree that they at least look similar in appearance. Both healers, both pink hair, you know.

War maid would be pretty amusing as a title. I'm sure it'll just end up promoting to just War Cleric or something though, as disappointing as that is.

I can give you a better reason why the second pic is an earlier map than the first one.

Look at the color of Kamui's HP bar. In Awakening, the left side shows unit affiliation and the right side shows max HP- and the Kamui in the first pic has more HP than the one in the second pic. Felicia's is higher too.

The green unit looks to me like an assassin. Maybe he's an early pre-promote?

I thought they were too at first, but on closer inspection that sprite looks like it's a lance using infantry unit.

And why would you get two pre-promote Assassins so early on?

they changed Thieves/Assassins to a Ninja/shinobi class

If you look at the two of them closely, you can see one has green hair and the other has red hair, so maybe this is a new un-promoted class that is used to be the Cain/Abel of the game? And this new class is ninja/shinobi given the face masks they wear?

I thought they were too at first, but on closer inspection that sprite looks like it's a lance using infantry unit.

Yo dude I think you missed this post:

The yellow circled unit is definitely wielding something in the axe family of weapons, assuming they kept the basic Sword>axe>lance>sword weapon triangle.

Look at this from the trailer

post-13531-0-56914400-1421507400_thumb.png

I think it's already been discussed that the color on the back of the icon is significant, along with the color strip at the bottom. Notably, Swords have a red background with a green strip on bottom, lances a blue background with red on bottom, then we have this (if anyone can read Japanese be my guest) and it has a green background with blue strip on bottom. The strip on bottom tells what the weapon is good against for example the lance has the red strip on bottom so it's good against red weapons, or swords. So just by the colors, this is in the axe family of weapons, however that icon clearly does not look like any sort of traditional axe. This leads me to believe that we will have multiple weapon subtypes within the same weapon family. Kind of how there were swords and blades in previous games, but both were governed by the sword skill. However I wonder if even though some weapons are in the same family, if units will be limited to specific subgroups within said family, like only able to use blades instead of blades, swords, and katanas.

I can give you a better reason why the second pic is an earlier map than the first one.

Look at the color of Kamui's HP bar. In Awakening, the left side shows unit affiliation and the right side shows max HP- and the Kamui in the first pic has more HP than the one in the second pic. Felicia's is higher too.

That's a good observation. I didn't know too much about the HP bars but I'm glad I know now.

Someone else mentioned that the Assassin looking units could just be a new Ninja type of class, instead of just pre-premotes.

The yellow circled unit is definitely wielding something in the axe family of weapons, assuming they kept the basic Sword>axe>lance>sword weapon triangle.

attachicon.gifNewClass.png

I think it's already been discussed that the color on the back of the icon is significant, along with the color strip at the bottom. Notably, Swords have a red background with a green strip on bottom, lances a blue background with red on bottom, then we have this (if anyone can read Japanese be my guest) and it has a green background with blue strip on bottom. The strip on bottom tells what the weapon is good against for example the lance has the red strip on bottom so it's good against red weapons, or swords. So just by the colors, this is in the axe family of weapons, however that icon clearly does not look like any sort of traditional axe. This leads me to believe that we will have multiple weapon subtypes within the same weapon family. Kind of how there were swords and blades in previous games, but both were governed by the sword skill. However I wonder if even though some weapons are in the same family, if units will be limited to specific subgroups within said family, like only able to use blades instead of blades, swords, and katanas.

It would be pretty interesting if we had weapon subtypes...It would make units more unique and interesting, in my opinion, which leaves room for more strategy. If this really is true then I'd love to see how they make it work in the game.

attachicon.gifNewClass.png

金棒 (kanabo) refers to the maces wielded by oni (you know, those usually red-skinned demons). It's probably an axe equivalent -- and, like I said elsewhere (don't remember which thread), this could have to do with the west-vs-east theme, with each side havng its own triangle: sword / katana > axe / kanabo > lance / naginata. (Don't know why swords beat bows, though.)

I suspect that users of either side of weapons would be able to use the other, like how a regular cavalier can use Killing Edge or Steel Blade without being a myrmidon or mercenary.

金棒 (kanabo) refers to the maces wielded by oni (you know, those usually red-skinned demons). It's probably an axe equivalent -- and, like I said elsewhere (don't remember which thread), this could have to do with the west-vs-east theme, with each side havng its own triangle: sword / katana > axe / kanabo > lance / naginata. (Don't know why swords beat bows, though.)

Adding on to this, the fan that the Ice-magic caster was using could be the eastern equivalent of tomes.

I was looking at some translations, and apparently the character in the yellow circle is named Rinka, who uses a weapon called a bronze metal rod. I have a feeling this is the character who appears along side the ice magic user in the desert area during the teaser trailer, since they look similar.

The enemy troubadour unit with the blonde hair on the 2nd map looks the same as the blue troubadour unit in the little clip that was not part of the teaser trailer but in the Direct.

I think I know which one you're talking about. Perhaps you recruit them by talking to them, like for Gaius in Awakening?