[FE4] Lordless draft

Baldrick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I took Sylvia and Laylea once in an old draft, I think it's allowed

I know for sure I accidently took Sylvia (plus corple) and Sharlow once but that was totally by accident

Edited by General Horace

also if Celice is allowed to inherit stuff can Leaf inherit stuff even if he's undrafted? Theoretically they're both undrafted units

also tristain and Linda

Edited by General Horace

I was worried for a second, but then I remembered you can't get the Rescue Staff in chapter 7 anyway.

Whoops. We could make Ardan draftable for an even 12 units each, if anyone cares. PEDIT: Sure thing.

Jamka.

Guess I get asealo anyways. This is such an unconventional draft that I don't know whose team is best. 2 dancers vs1 dancer and horsesety vs chapter 9 rescue staff. Without lords who knows how it will turn out.edit oh crap never mind I don't get early rescue. This is not too great.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I haven't done a TEAM EVALUATION in like YEARS so here we go...

Deirdre - WARPING dudes in chapter 2 and giving Sigurd money

Ardan - NOT ACTUALLY FREE

Alec - he'll do the thing where he's good in the first two chapters then kinda suck. Maybe he'll get overlevelled and be good?

Noish - the true lord of gen 1. should kill all the important bosses easily lategame

Radney & Roddlebad - suckers

Aless - gen 2 lord

Oifaye - other gen 2 lord

Julia - the best

(Sylvia, Leen, Corple) - DANCERS and corpse who unfourtunately is my rescue dude

Fin - FIIIIIIIIIN

Cuan - seriously i think he'll crush chapter 2 so hard with Fin compared to the other two teams

Midir - maybe i'll actually recruit Jamka and he'll get the killer bow and be fantastic. Regardless he's pretty rad.

(Ayra, Lakche, Skasaher) - PLZ DON'T BE USELESS AND BE AMAZING IN CHAPTER 6

(Briggid, Patty, Faval) - Maybe Faval can save a turn on Alvis or something. Mostly drafted Patty to give gold to Mana

Mana - staffgirl with funds courtesy of the bank of Patty

Janne - she's actually not even that bad combatwise with a hero sword

Tristan - he's actually ridicously good combatwise with a hero sword

Linda - B staves and elite almost last round wut

Johan - mounted dude I guess

Johalva - delicious exp

Edited by General Horace

so gerrard is a raidboss guys, have fun fighting him with alec and noish

like if Cuan didn't do so much damage I actually think I might have had to go back and heal at the church with all my dudes

ethlin would actually be the best here other than Cuan

EDIT: not even gonna lie I think Azel might rule here and I think Baldrick might have to take an Ethlin or Azel (rofl) penalty to even beat the boss

Edited by General Horace

My team evaluation:

Ardan: Surprisingly I think he'll be somewhat useful in the prologue so that I don't need to keep someone behind to protect the castle. That's why I decided to choose him over Aseallo.

Alec: I foresee him being usable early on. He'll obviously lose importance later on, but if I'm careful about giving him the right weapons he should be able to make small contributions throughout the playthrough.

Noish: Same as above.

Ethlin: Mounted healer, maybe crits will come in handy, should be alright once she promotes (which I'll try to make early with return abuse.) Mostly got her for Leif.

Azel: Will make a good father for lightsword!!Delmud and once he promotes will probably be one of my most important units. That'll be a long way off though, unfortunately. I think he might be one of the best ways to take down bosses like Macbeth though...

Deidre: 2nd best dodger in the 1st generation (gotta love that circlet) and heroine of Macklily, I'm going to try and see if I can pull off the same prayer stunts I used in my 0% growths play through. Otherwise she won't be doing much though.

Holyn: Will be a very capable unit wherever I need infantry to do something (I'm looking at you Macklily Castle.)

Lachesis: Healer/Charisma bot and then mounted juggernaut, she will be very useful.

Beowulf: This is mount emblem. You can never have enough mounts.

Fury: Will help a bit, especially in the desert, but she's never spectacular.

Claude: Why did I choose him again? Will be a good father at least, and maybe can bring someone back from the dead if I can work out a way that a sacrifice will save turns.

Oifaye: Always a helpful unit.

Aless: BEAST

Julia: Staff spammer until she wins the game.

Roddlebad: He'll do something early game.

Badney: She'll do something early game.

Dimna: Maybe he'll do something.

Amid: ""

Delmud: He will have Fala blood, Hezul blood, and a high kill light sword from the get go. He might very well end up my Generation 2 MVP because as good as Aless is, no spectacular 1-2 range options.

Fee: Probably useful for villages, but won't be a pivotal unit.

Nanna: Mounted heal/charisma bots never hurt.

Leif: High stats and rescue staff usage will make him an obvious monster.

Aseallo: Lol you aren't getting recruited.

Hawk: At least you guys don't get him.

Altenna: You aren't worth the turns, I chose Ethlin for Leif.

I think the lack of a dancer and Gen 1 early game will be my greatest struggles. Ugh, Horace, I envy the fact that you have Cuan (though none of us have it easy), but your team isn't looking too great for the end of Gen1.

PROLOGUE - 14 TURN CLEAR

it really sucks that the chapter RN's make you tank a hit right out of the gate...

Alec Noish and Sigurd charged south, enemies obviously targetting the former two dudes over Sigurd. Fin and Cuan showed up in time to take out a rouge bandit that was charging for Chalphy and went south to assist. The boss was taken out by a combination of Cuan and Noish, Alec ended this part on 1 HP and Noish had like 11. Cuan actually was never attacked (he javelin'd the boss) so he was sitting pretty, and Fin was sitting on 20 HP or so? He tanked one hit, that's all I remember.

6 turns to Jungby.

The next castle really sucked despite me having a lot of units, I had to keep Cuan and Midir healthy enough to take a hit from the boss (Cuan had to hit on one phase and land the finishing hit, or I guess continue but odds aren't in his favour there) and Midir was needed for chip. Alec was used as bait as after healing at the church he got low again and all the axeguys chased him around at 7 hit. Alvis nuked a few dudes, and gave Sigurd his sword which will go to Ayra next chapter. The boss is actually ridiculous though, he's so tanky, and Alec and Noish do shit all to him.

8 turns to Evans for the clear.

Noish can kill all the important lategame bosses with the herosword, I'm not too worried about my lategame in gen1. I lose a few units I guess, but Pursuit Ring!Noish is actually pretty fantastic for a gen 1 unit.

STATS:

605744dbee78969fac7fabfc84f8219e.png

249659c5aedb952e3be8f9b8cea4b021.png

950466c17884b2433b34f0857bd776a4.png

cdb383da2174b27ce2705f32eeeb6f7d.png

d02e7cb1b8ff6176e68c15bb2eeaba71.png

599e633b552555386dc2c9104aebf971.png

some of that was after a round or two in the arena in chapter 1, nobody cleared it because I'll need it for healing, but Alec actually needed money to buy the steel sword (lol) and I got a level on some units that were close to levelling up. Fin had his convo with Cuan too. Alec got a few nice levels!

Edited by General Horace

God this is terrible, the quickest clear possible of Jungby for me is 8 turns (at least reasonably, I'm not going to be RNG abusing for this run)... Quick question, is Midir allowed to counter attack when attacked from a range in the prologue? It says he's allowed to be attacked, but I don't know if he can counter attack.