Tactician?

Trickster

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tactican/Grandmaster to return?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

The tactics nerdz thingy ? Straight to the trash can.
Everything else like the skils ? Sure why not. Though it would be more of a Mage Fighter than a tactician.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Veteran is certainly too much for a starting skill. Removed all together? Maaaaaaaaaaybe, it's hard to tell. I have done a play through of awakening without using that skill and found that Robin is pretty much what a mage/sword fighter should be, good but not great.

I don't really think we need a tactician as a main character in the game. However, I would still like the classes to be included. Just have the character take a semi backseat, like Soren. Soren as a Tactician worked out really well and it was executed very well in my opinion. He was by no means derivative of the main characters in the game, and didn't make everyone else look like a buffoon, (except Skrimir, baha.) But he was still a very lively character. Just how it should be.

Neutral. I feel like the class as it is would be awkward to use on just a random unit, but the weapon combination could easily fit another class.

Maybe we could have a plot important character use the class, but not be OP broken in terms of strategy in the plot nor the main game lol.

I'm okay with the class itself, but it would need a little bit of a redesign to get rid of the Grima association that Awakening's design has. It would probably need to go to an actual tactician character to make sense though.

Yeah, a character who fills a Soren like role would fit the class very well imo.

I'd definitely want the Tactician class back. First off, it had pretty neat skills-- Veteran helped me level up and break my MU pretty early on in Lunatic, Ignis was the bomb, and Rally Spectrum was pretty useful when I used the MU as a supporting character-- and its design was awesome too (although Grandmaster looked a bit too bulky...). I'd be a bit disappointed to see it gone as well.

Bias aside, I don't really think Tactician/Grandmaster will be returning, for the reason you listed above. The class was meant to be MU's unique niche, and if the MU's a Lord... well, giving him/her two unique classes would be going a little overboard. However, if the class was really popular in FE:A, perhaps they'll reintroduce the class through a different character that's not the MU? Maybe the dancer could be our tactician, although I understand that's highly unlikely. ^^;;

I wouldn't rule out the Tactician class being gone just because MU might be a lord. The Lord class is pretty flexible and often embodies a slightly modified pre-established class (Hector/General, Lyn/Swordmaster, Eliwood/Paladin Ike/Hero). All these Lord promoted classes had unique names, but were statistically/functionally similar to the classes in parentheses. In any case, it looks like the sword/magic combination will be back at least since the Dark Knight map sprite was in the video.

Edited by quasimopho13

I like the idea of a mystic swordsman type, but I'm not sure tactician should come back. I think a nerfed version of tactician with no support type skills or veteran would be great.

Though this new class would have to be called something other than mage fighter. I hate that name.

I like the idea of a mystic swordsman type, but I'm not sure tactician should come back. I think a nerfed version of tactician with no support type skills or veteran would be great.

Though this new class would have to be called something other than mage fighter. I hate that name.

Magic Knight? Magic Swordsman?

I want it back as hybrid classes such as tactician/grandmasters dark knights dark fliers ect are some of awakenings most enjoyable classes. though sadly it seems we will get a generic lord this time but who knows we might see a new magic fighter type class... (pretty sure tactician/grandmaster only existed due to our characters link with the final boss)

I would rather they change the Dark Knight name to something else. They can't even use dark magic. They're basically Mage Knights. The greatest classes from FE4 must live on.

I would rather they change the Dark Knight name to something else. They can't even use dark magic. They're basically Mage Knights. The greatest classes from FE4 must live on.

i agree with this. Mage Knights are a class that has appeared multiple times so far (granted only in one localized game). It's weird that they'd just change the name into something that implies they can do more but can't. In my personal class set up, Dark Knights are foot units that can use swords and dark magic (with dark magic being a completely separate weapon type like pre Awakening games).

I would like a sword-tome hybrid class that's unmounted like the Tactician to return, yes.

I don't care so much whether its still called the Tactician class.

And to be honest as much as I like using them I admit that Veteran and Rally Spectrum are ridiculously overpowered.

A Tactician/Grandmaster type class tree that kept Solidarity and Ignis and replaced Veteran and Rally Spectrum for more balanced skills would be an improvement in terms of game balance.

if there are war monks/clerics, why not war mages for the sword/tome class #standardization

Tbh,I'd prefer it if the tactician would keep its name.

I generally don't like the names that simply slap another word onto an already existing class to mix them with something else.Like mage fighter(oh look he is a mage,but also a fighter!),dark mage(he is a mage,but dark!),war clerik(oh its a cleric,but equipped for war!),etc.

Stuff like "Dark knight" is kinda ok,because dark knight implies something completely different than the regular knight(although I'd say that dark knights should have access to dark magic as their names imply)

I generally like it if they keep regular names that correspond well to the class(tactician using both magic and swords fits pretty well considering it gives a good tactical advantage) and don't just sound like a different version of an already existing class.

For example Ranger instead of bow-knight,shaman instead of dark mage,or Warlock instead of mage knight,etc.

I'd love for the class to return but maybe not under the same name, unless it makes sense for whatever character has it. I'm hoping it stays exclusive to one character, assuming the skills stay the same due to the nature of the skills are and how I think Ignis is tied to Grima... It just wouldn't feel right to me if multiple unrelated people could learn Ignis.

Its just my personal feelings on the matter...