Iconic Nintendo Characters That Aren't Playable In Smash Bros. (Read OP Before Posting)

Randoman

So what Nintendo characters can you think of that are really iconic or heavily promoted on Nintendo sites/advertisements/etc.? Basically, I'm wanting to compile a list of characters not playable in Smash Bros. that show up a lot in general Nintendo advertisements, sites, posters, and stuff like that despite not promoting a specific game. For example, Toad would count since he shows up on Nintendo's official site a lot for general Nintendo advertising (such as showing Toad after watching an Nintendo made Zelda video) and not just for Mario/Toad series related games.

I see Toad and Tom Nook advertised and featured a lot on official Nintendo sites for general advertising purposes (Toad shows up after certain official Nintendo videos (even on non-Mario related videos) on a screen with Mario, Luigi, and Bowser where it shows links to other videos while Tom Nook was in the amiibo poster/advertisement). Those are the only two I can think of that are featured a lot by Nintendo. I'm kind of wanting to say Waluigi and Isabelle as well, though I really can't put my finger on where I've seen them featured/advertised by Nintendo in general advertisements.

Edited by Randoman

Dixie Kong. Potentially Isabelle. Most Mario series characters and Pokemon.

There definitely aren't a lot left, though I'm sure there are at least a few more. Smash has taken the large majority of iconic characters by now.

Don't forget, Reggie and Iwata are already playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMoXr-nvc0

I can't think of many others. With 50 characters, it looks like the barrel is scraped clean.

I guess there could always be more Pokemon, or Nintendo could finally put in a Sin and Punishment character.

Edited by Zera

Most are already in Smash the only one I can kinda think of is Midna and thats a stretch.

EDIT: I guess you can throw Chrom in there too given how popular Awakening is and him being the "lord" of the game. But we still got Lucina and Robin.

Edited by TacoMan42

Toad and Tingle were the first two that I immediately thought of when I saw this topic title. I guess also (insert most recent Pokémon legendary here) and also (insert most recent Pokémon starter trio here) since they're always heavily used in Pokémon marketing, more so even than most of the Pokémon we DO get (except Pikachu). I guess Greninja does count towards that, though; I wonder if he'll be swapped out for a new started next gen, or if he'll just get added onto the legacy Pokémon pile.

I would say Isaac,but I didn't know about him until Brawl,so no.

Mewtwo.

Skull Kid maybe.

EDIT:Groudon,Kyorge,Reshiram and most other boxart Legendaries.

Edited by ShadowShine

I feel like there are wildly differing opinions itt about what constitutes

really iconic or heavily promoted on Nintendo sites/advertisements/etc.

and/or

show[ing] up a lot in general Nintendo advertisements, sites, posters, and stuff like that despite not promoting a specific game.

Toad, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo are the only three that come to my mind immediately.

Isabelle is getting promoted like crazy (Miiverse sent out an announcement telling people it was her birthday. No other character has gotten that kind of treatment before so I really do think they want her to be the next big thing).