Who is the strongest child character and why is it Morgan?

Zerosabers

35 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest Child

• Morgan
    • Lucina
    • Owain
    • Brady
    • Inigo
    • Kjelle
    • Cynthia
    • Severa
    • Gerome
    • Yarne
    • Laurent
    • Noire
    • Nah

Lucina has DSt+, and I care about that more than anything anyone else has to offer. Not that she doesn't have great mods (as Sumia/Avatar!Lucina, at least) and plenty of good classes/procs, of course. Even Morgan has only +4 Mag/Skl/Spd on her at best, and that's not enough to make up for DSt+.

Lucina has DSt+, and I care about that more than anything anyone else has to offer. Not that she doesn't have great mods (as Sumia/Avatar!Lucina, at least) and plenty of good classes/procs, of course. Even Morgan has only +4 Mag/Skl/Spd on her at best, and that's not enough to make up for DSt+.

Being capable of having 54 Mag Cap as a Sage might be considered better than Dual Strike+

Being capable of having 54 Mag Cap as a Sage might be considered better than Dual Strike+

The weird part is, it is arguable that Lucina is better than Morgan for Dual Strike alone.

Reliability for niche situations vs. theoretical stat advantage via 3rd gen that can't really be proven even through pages of discussion seems like the better choice.

Besides, the OP was a little stuck up with that statement anyway and I want to disagree just to be a jerk.

If it can hit some important stat threshold, then in that situation it definitely is. But there are going to be a lot more cases when DSt+ breaks a threshold for getting a perfectly reliable KO, so I think it's more useful in general- pretty much everything has a niche in Awakening.

Besides, the OP was a little stuck up with that statement anyway and I want to disagree just to be a jerk.

But more importantly, this.

She also has Charm, again another skill exclusive to her (Though I rarely use that) In fact, I believe she's the only character in the game that can have all three Dual skills. I dunno if I'd say that makes her superior to Morgan, though it's a plus, I won't deny that.

Lucina joins automatically with DS+ and an infinite use Silver sword that doubles as an infinite use concoction.

Fuck outta here with Morgan.

It's actually better than a silver sword in terms of might and crit rate. Except for hit rate which is 5% less. Still, it is indeed better than the silver sword.