Five Nights at Freddy's 1, 2, 3 discussion thread

Misses Elise-chan!

Fred Bear's Family Diner Survey  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for Freddy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get this game out of my forum

Isnt it ironic when you are the first to throw direct insult? Consider that you think you know more about horror than me with your kawaii girl games, why dont you answer my question first?

What kawaii girl games. I barely even play games nowadays due to how much I don't like most games let alone games that are heavily "anime".

Besides you started with your blanket statements and mocking people who like the game(s). Now doesn't that taste like iron.

Ein don't you play a bunch of touhou stuff?

This game is loosely based on a true story, as Dai mentioned. Amber, have you attempted to research the game's lore before coming in here?

What kawaii girl games. I barely even play games nowadays due to how much I don't like most games let alone games that are heavily "anime".

Besides you started with your blanket statements and mocking people who like the game(s). Now doesn't that taste like iron.

What kawaii girls games you ask? The kind of horror games that have kawaii girls you mentioned in your post. Now, I demand you to give me your answer before I answer your question. Also, there's nothing irony in my post, I said I didnt mock anyone directly before you post and it's true. Get your fact straight.

This game is loosely based on a true story, as Dai mentioned. Amber, have you attempted to research the game's lore before coming in here?

So it's loosely based on a true story. Great! Not! I read the story after your post and honestly, it's so different that one has to try really hard to think this game is based on real event. I have read and played more stuff that 10 times resemble the Chuck E.Cheese murder more than this game. You know, I once entered a fast food restaurant and shot everyone in GTA. Other than the killing happened in a fast food restaurant, there's no similar between the real event and this game. Let me point them out for you:

_All of the killing happened offscreen.

_The murder methods are different.

_The murder targets are different.

_The murder purposes are different.

_The murderers role, style and personality are also different.

So it let you find little clues and piece them together. Great!. Wonderful! Actually, it's wonderful. I have never played any horror game that allows you to do that....no wait! I did. Actually, many horror games allow you to do that. And they did it better than this game because all of the clues were cleverly hidden and you have to pay attention to the game to realize what is going on. But this franchise? Nah, all of the so called clues come straight to your face and the simplest manner. At least, the one who made the game also joined the parade and created more fluff from out of nowhere to encourage his flock. His fanservice service is already better than a ton of companies's service I know.

After all of that, I truly think that people overrated this franchise because they have never played any good horror game and the crowd effect is indeed strong.

Btw, walk softly and carry a big gun.

Edited by Magical Amber

So the answer to my question is no, then. I'll just clarify it, since you were probably too focused on providing replies in the form of witty sarcasm. Good to see that you did research things, though. At least if you aren't impressed or interested in the source material, you're providing some backed up reasoning (be it, half of it is "other games did it already").

Ein and Elie nailed it, actually. This is one of the few games I've played that's done terror right (note the difference between terror and horror; terror is the intense dread, while horror is the revulsion after the frightening thing is experienced). The tense atmosphere is nerve-wracking and rife with paranoia, and honestly I never expected that kind of experience until after I played the game. It's also great how it plays on fear of animatronics and all, and as Sharpy pointed out, the uncanny valley factory contributes a lot to it. I'm appreciative of the PSX-ish pre-rendered graphics too, they increase the creepy factor (even if I think they look gross, but that's also a plus). It's a very unique experience, overall.

So uh, Soluu, you can dislike this game, but you're not making very strong arguments against it. They basically boil down to "I really don't like this game" and "this game should be more like these other games".

So it's loosely based on a true story. Great! Not! I read the story after your post and honestly, it's so different that one has to try really hard to think this game is based on real event. I have read and played more stuff that 10 times resemble the Chuck E.Cheese murder more than this game. You know, I once entered a fast food restaurant and shot everyone in GTA. Other than the killing happened in a fast food restaurant, there's no similar between the real event and this game.

So you realise it's loosely based on a true story, and then go on to say how they're not very similar? What? Do you understand what "loosely based on" means?

Don't answer that, btw.

Edited by Nightmare

You know what I love about Five Night at Freddy's ?

I go to bed, I want to sleep and all, when suddenly, I think about all the Death Animations, all those nightmare faces, those creepy eyes, those jumpscares, etc...

And thanks to that, I just can't sleep. How nice !

I... Don't really like the game. The second one was shoved out the door rather fast. There is however the fact it was... Actually a good sequel. Should more time have been spent on it? Yes, that'd be nice... But it did it's job well.

I like, however, the fact that all the animatronics have different AI. "This one is meant to go through X Areas, while this one through Y. Think you can keep your eye on them? Careful! There's also the character that travels through the Z Area!"

It's true: you really AREN'T safe.

This doesn't make it the best horror game of all time, but, again, Five Nights at Freddys does it's job well.

They nailed nothing and all you did is giving me the confirmation that this shitty franchise's players have no ideal about horror games at all, especially the one that give you the "terror" feeling. I cant believe you all of people think this game is nerve-wracking and rife with paranoia. You dont have to go around, all you have to do is to watch the same backgrounds and notice if there are teddy bear missing. Even learning how to control an airplane in San Andreas was more tense than this. The uncanny valley factor contributes nothing when the uncanny valley factor (if there are any) of this game is amongst the most calm things I have ever seen in a game and I mean all genres, not only the horror genre. You, the one who played many games should understand it?

And no, I didnt explain how they're not very similar, I explained how they are not even similar at all. Even if you use the words "loosely based on", it still has the part "based on". Two stories that have no connection to each other cant use "based on" words at all.

Also, where the hell is that guy who said this:

amber is only talking about the japanese or japanese-esque horror games that just have some kawaii desu girl in a "terrifying situation as you guide her through instant death traps crap you wouldn't know about at all until it kills you so spooky

I once again demand you to give me the names of those games. I demand you to explain your claim.

They nailed nothing and all you did is giving me the confirmation that this shitty franchise's players have no ideal about horror games at all, especially the one that give you the "terror" feeling. I cant believe you all of people think this game is nerve-wracking and rife with paranoia. You dont have to go around, all you have to do is to watch the same backgrounds and notice if there are teddy bear missing. Even learning how to control an airplane in San Andreas was more tense than this. The uncanny valley factor contributes nothing when the uncanny valley factor (if there are any) of this game is amongst the most calm things I have ever seen in a game and I mean all genres, not only the horror genre. You, the one who played many games should understand it?

Someone here might benefit from learning that other people may in fact have views and opinions that differ from their own. It's fine that you don't like it, but childish outbursts aren't exactly the best way to go about it. Right now, you seem more intent in being "right" than actually discussing the topic at hand.

I mentioned this earlier, but I really liked the atmosphere. It's a cliche story, but I feel the sound and music really work well. Silent Hill 2 had a similar thing, where the scariest parts were when nothing was actually present.

New image released on scottgames.com for the Fnaf3 map

b0d01ffacd.png

Doesn't look that special, does it?

[spoiler=Actually a potential spoiler of the game]Copy/Paste this image somewhere, and kick up the brightness of the image by say, 400%. Surprise, you get

c860dffeac.jpg

Edited by Sara.

I don't think I get it. Is it just that Scott is making the map seem more simple than what it actually is? If so, then Scott for troll, especially with the passage that seems to go directly from their starting point to you.

Ah, right. I forgot about that part. Seems like a good idea, and would make it something you have to check pretty often. I now have an idea for an animatronic that starts off not in the main starting room that works towards that shaft when they work and towards you when they don't.