SF Tourney Goers Support Thread/Social Thread

Jedi

Palutena's so good i just wish she had less delay in her tilts and her F/Dsmashes had either better hitboxes or more powerful wind.

customs meta is essentially Windbox: The Game

I'm a bit surprised that Samus is so poorly ranked with her gimp game buffed hardcore with her missile mods and trip bomb both having trip and meteor capabilities but yea her other shots are pretty awful.

Lucario's SideB3 Advancing Force Palm is fantastic because it pretty much gaurentees a lunge-grab, making shield approach super safe. UpB 2 is shorter reach ExtremeSpeed but better anyway because it hits all the way through instead of right at the end, and when you have aura that boosts its range anyway so you should always be safe. I don't like his other counters personally but i don't use his counter that often

DDD is i dunno quite yet. Rising DDD is pretty neat but it bunks up his understage gimpgame for stages that have understage since it nerfs his vertical recov and that's the best part about him. I want to experiment with Super Armor Jethammer (DownB3?) though, because who doesn't like superarmour?

Palutena and toptiers are still running the show though because speed > all

*Edit*

Lucario's NeuB3?, his turbo Aura Sphere, is so good for places like Castle Seige and Arena Ferox, because it goes through walls and things that would otherwise stop it in its tracks

Edited by Sara.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luigi's got quick attacks, counters diddy, and has like his entire body for hitboxes on his aerials, kinda like mario

Wario's mother fucking wario what else do you want in life

Luigi's got quick attacks, counters diddy, and has like his entire body for hitboxes on his aerials, kinda like mario

Wario's mother fucking wario what else do you want in life

True true, what surprises me is alot of Megaman custom sets are mostly vanilla.

that's because other than his Skulls, his other customs are pretty lame. His fsmash and Uair are good enough for a special substitute, and he hardly ever uses UpB for anything aside from recovery. His little buzz saw and bomb aren't replaced by anything super superior so why bother with replacements there

that's because other than his Skulls, his other customs are pretty lame. His fsmash and Uair are good enough for a special substitute, and he hardly ever uses UpB for anything aside from recovery. His little buzz saw and bomb aren't replaced by anything super superior so why bother with replacements there

I feel like the shadow blade and Ice Slasher are much better then the Metal Blade and the Crash Bomb. Not many seem to agree with me

Elie you may be surprised, not all sets use skulls, some even use the Petals and some stick with leaf.

And I feel Tornado hold is fun because damage. and MM8.

But then again, I'm not a Megaman main, I just use him from time to time.

Edited by Jedi

Lol, sorry for the wait.

Personally, I prefer Ice Slasher and Danger Wrap over Crash Bomb. I just see no use for Crash Bomb at all. Danger Wrap is really good for trapping people and hitting people in the air.

As for Up Specials, they all got their use. Beat is a great recovery. I can see Rush helping in Doubles matches, and Tornado Hold hurts!

I'm neutral when it comes to Metal Blades and Shadow Blades lol. Glide tossing metal blades is fun, and shadow blades can combo. Just don't use hyper bombs lol.

Yeah, Skull Barrier is good. I never used Plant Barrier so i can't really say anything about that haha.

Metal Blade is the preferred choice by most Megamans. The versatility it gives Megaman is too integral to his gameplan to just abandon. It is among his best out of shield moves and is just really good in general. If someone catches it, he can just pellet the metal blade so its not like it can be used too effectively against him except in some matchups. Shadow Blade true combos into grab in most % and upsmash in higher %s so that's cool but he loses one of, if not his best out of shield option and long range harasser for it. Still worth having a set or 2 with Shadow Blade. General consensus is that Hyper Bomb is trash.

Danger Wrap is the best of the 3 by far. It kills, it is a good anti-air and even a potential juggling tool. It's a really good move. Megaman can even duplicate the Danger Wrap by using it in the air and landing in a specific frame. This does like 30% damage if it hits lol. Crash Bomber is second and apparently Ice Slasher is really really bad.

Tornado Hold true combos into back air and stuff. It's really neat. Most Megamans use Rush though. But I think, given time, they will prefer Tornado Hold's better offensive capabilities. Beat has the best recovery distance of the upbs, but it's really really slow on startup, making Megaman easier to keep throwing offstage. Generally not recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkODffIh6k You can see Tornado Hold in action in this set, as well as Shadow Blade and Danger Warp.

Skull Barrier is obviously preferred in projectile-heavy matchups. If not, they use one of the other 2. Idk enough about his other down bs differences though.

Edited by PJSalt

Oh man, so i played Nairo today. I got destroyed, but man, that was fun : )

Only took one stock off. rekt me in Robin ditto. Said I did good so that made me happy lol.

I'm gonna practice more and more

Oh man, so i played Nairo today. I got destroyed, but man, that was fun : )

Only took one stock off. rekt me in Robin ditto. Said I did good so that made me happy lol.

I'm gonna practice more and more

Nario. Name sounds familiar.

Yeah : )

after playing Him it made me realize something. For my first offline Tourney I should just do my best and don't get disappointed if i don't make it far. Have fun and keep on improving. and eventually i'll make it~

Your Next Tourney starts in one week now bro?

Thanks, and yeah it'll be interesting and I'll be using more than Sonic this time. Speaking of which I haven't used customs with him much. Ice which set would you recommend?

Sonic

Also where did you find those head icons in your sig lol.

I honestly prefer regular Sonic, but in my early days i did have two sets for him.

Out of the ones you can choose, I'd say 1211, 1221, and 1311

Hammer and Burning spindash are pretty good. Especially Hammer since you can get another hit if they don't get out.

I think i used double spring for recovery and to kill people high up with up air, but regular spring does that well too.

I think Regular is the best honestly.

I got the head icons at ssbwiki lol.

I honestly prefer regular Sonic, but in my early days i did have two sets for him.

Out of the ones you can choose, I'd say 1211, 1221, and 1311

Hammer and Burning spindash are pretty good. Especially Hammer since you can get another hit if they don't get out.

I think i used double spring for recovery and to kill people high up with up air, but regular spring does that well too.

I think Regular is the best honestly.

I got the head icons at ssbwiki lol.

I may stick with vanilla or go 1211 lol, Sonics customs are weird overall.

Also thanks.

dudethose head icons are pretty sweettime to steal somealso WOW Nairo? holy shit man

Yeah Ice has faced a supremely awesome player and he is apparently super chill.

Nario's a big name hm? I should google him one day.

Any protips for the casual 3DS smasher, for Custom collection? Smash Run is miserable and Classic with the Home-trick gets pretty boring pretty fast.

Nario's a big name hm? I should google him one day.

Any protips for the casual 3DS smasher, for Custom collection? Smash Run is miserable and Classic with the Home-trick gets pretty boring pretty fast.

Smash Run or Classic 9.0 with the home trick.

fucking...

this is why i don't enter any custom tourneys. I'm far too casual to get the same god damn Aether Wave as Samus for the 62nd fucking time instead of something unique that i don't already have

So I was discussing Toon Link v Link with some people earlier. Apparently TL's rated overall higher, but I'm not quite sure why? In tourney play, I'd assume Link's projectile game, DownA and Smashes/Tilts just hit harder and work better than Toon Link's. What's he got going for him exactly? His boomerang and bow are atrocious IMO