Do you ever promote via Master Seal/Crown?

People actually use the chapter 21 master seal? Because I just sell it, given that I always manage to get whoever I'm using to promotion by then.

Yes I do! Btw I've never ever sold a masterseal. In FE9 you've enough cash especially if you play with random growths, because you can sell all the bands.

Wouldn't units like Marcia still need a bit of a kickstart from BEXP anyways? Same with Kieran, Mak, and Jill?

A forged weapon can do wonders.

It's pretty much the kickstart. Marcia and Kieran can kill easily a slow enemy with a forged iron axe / lance. After they gained a few levels, I pass it on other new allies like Nephenee and Jill.

The only candidate for early bexp. is Rolf, because he needs a little bit speed. With his low base speed he can be doubled by myrmidons with an iron sword.

Edited by The Taninator

A forged weapon can do wonders.

It's pretty much the kickstart. Marcia and Kieran can kill easily a slow enemy with a forged iron axe / lance. After they gained a few levels, I pass it on other new allies like Nephenee and Jill.

The only candidate for early bexp. is Rolf, because he needs a little bit speed. With his low base speed he can be doubled by myrmidons with an iron sword.

It kinda begs the question as to why we're using Rolf, lol. This is a unit that joins in the same chapter as the best character in the game and Jill is coming up soon, along with Kieran coming up 1 chapter later (and Nephenee I guess). You also want to keep your better early units topped off like Boyd, Ike, and Oscar.

Fire Emblem: Path of Marcia isn't quite accurate without Marcia devouring like everything you have. She's a typical Peg otherwise, even with awesome forges.

Yeah my Marcia is so far wrecking everything. It helps that PoR is so much more forgiving when it comes to the bow weakness, even without the full guard; unlike RD where they have no chance in hell of surviving.

Rolf is all around pretty awful; I trained the hell out of him in my first playthrough, and he never reached anything more than just usable. And that's probably only because the game gives you sooo many laguz bows.

Though I'm surprised RD Rolf gets hated on too. I found him to be just as broken as Shinon once you level him up.

Edited by Radiant head

Yeah my Marcia is so far wrecking everything. It helps that PoR is so much more forgiving when it comes to the bow weakness, even without the full guard; unlike RD where they have no chance in hell of surviving.

Rolf is all around pretty awful; I trained the hell out of him in my first playthrough, and he never reached anything more than just usable. And that's probably only because the game gives you sooo many laguz bows.

Though I'm surprised RD Rolf gets hated on too. I found him to be just as broken as Shinon once you level him up.

x2 bows vs. x3 high-Might crossbows will do that to you.

Also, while PoR had laughable archer/sniper enemies, RD raised the bar and said, "Now you will fear them." It's a good thing the Dracoknights can go scot-free of bow weakness in RD.

I use Rolf because I hate Shinon's character but it's still a pain to train an archer/sniper anyways.

The problem with them always is a lack of consistent Enemy Phase. Training Rolf, especially in RD HM, is just bad. Even I'm tempted to just use Shinon since I have to train him less and he starts with decent/good bases.

I don't see a reason to sell bands, per se. Sure, bands don't give that much of a growth boost but the game will still hands you loads of cash that selling off bands is not needed. I'd rather sell the Master Seals when I know no more characters can make it to level 20 promoted with any capped stats.

Now I feel like playing PoR again to be even more efficient with transfers.

It kinda begs the question as to why we're using Rolf, lol. This is a unit that joins in the same chapter as the best character in the game and Jill is coming up soon, along with Kieran coming up 1 chapter later (and Nephenee I guess). You also want to keep your better early units topped off like Boyd, Ike, and Oscar.

Fire Emblem: Path of Marcia isn't quite accurate without Marcia devouring like everything you have. She's a typical Peg otherwise, even with awesome forges.

I haven't automatically said that Rolf is a great unit to use. I only have tried to explain how to use him best, if you want to use him.

Of course he's underleveled, when he joins and will be outclassed by Boyd, if he becomes a warrior. However still usable with a little invenstment.

Edited by The Taninator

I haven't automatically said that Rolf is a great unit to use. I only have tried to explain how to use him best, if you want to use him.

Of course he's underleveled, when he joins and will be outclassed by Boyd, if he becomes a warrior. However still usable with a little investment.

The same could be said for other units in PoR, though. Edited by Just call me AL

I use Rolf because I hate Shinon's character but it's still a pain to train an archer/sniper anyways.

The problem with them always is a lack of consistent Enemy Phase. Training Rolf, especially in RD HM, is just bad. Even I'm tempted to just use Shinon since I have to train him less and he starts with decent/good bases.

What I did is I gave Jill the DB Paragon, and then recruited her to the GM to give it to Rolf. Of course the downside is that I majorly screw over the DB.

What I did is I gave Jill the DB Paragon, and then recruited her to the GM to give it to Rolf. Of course the downside is that I majorly screw over the DB.

Yeah. That is a thing.

I remember sending Jill over to GM on my first and/or second playthrough. I may even did that on my first attempt of HM.

Never again. lol

In LTC/Efficiency runs I often use Master Seals to promote Nolan [1-4], Ilyana [1-6-2] and Jill [1-5] early. There are still 3 more Seals to be obtained over the course of Part 1 that are good to use on just about any unit that has reached lvl 10. Any promo bonus is worh it for the Pawn Brigade to be a little less incompetent during Part 3. It's not like they're any good after it [except Volug, Tauroneo and Zihark, who can't use it and Jill who should use it by all means].

3-3 Master Crown can be used for Gatrie, Haar or Titania. They all benefit from the early promotion one way or another. Remaining Master Crowns are useful for a whole lot of characters like Tauroneo, Zihark, Geoffrey, Tanith or Sigrun.

Edited by Yojinbo

i think the 1-4 seal is best used on ilyana; she wrecks face as early promoted thunder sage, especially with a mag transfer.

2 of the master seals cost 10k and i think the money is better off spent on forges or sent to the GMs. there are 4 master seals that are obtainable via sothe, and 3 of them can be obtained using optimal strategies with minimum turncounts, which is still enough for the big 3 tier 1 promotions.

In LTC/Efficiency runs I often use Master Seals to promote Nolan [1-4], Ilyana [1-6-2] and Jill [1-5] early. There are still 3 more Seals to be obtained over the course of Part 1 that are good to use on just about any unit that has reached lvl 10. Any promo bonus is worh it for the Pawn Brigade to be a little less incompetent during Part 3. It's not like they're any good after it [except Volug, Tauroneo and Zihark, who can't use it and Jill who should use it by all means].

I thought about giving one to Jill early, but doesn't she run the risk of getting seriously stat screwed?

Edited by Radiant head

Getting stat-screwed in FE10 is borderline impossible and if your Jill actually turns out to be lacking by the time you're going into Part 4 you can either use her for non-combat utility or just ditch her. It's not like you don't have an abundance of great endgame units anyway.

Nope, if you give her the seraph robe amd.the dracoshield (and the energy drop if you get it by 1-2) she won't have a problem at all.

Promotional gains and forged weapons are actually all that's really needed to carry her through Part 3. I'd rather give those stat boosters to Volug.

Edited by Yojinbo