There needs to be a Mustafa-esque character in this game

thanibomb

With his or her own soundtrack and all. Enemy characters you sympathize with and can't recruit really make the series for me. Mustafa, Uhai, Selena, Reinhardt, etc. are some of my favourite bosses to fight in the series because of their moral ambiguity. They don't even need to have as much plot-importance or connections to other characters as Lloyd/Linus, Ishtar, or Camus. I think Mustafa really made me sympathize with him more because he was just a one-off boss that just happened to have a good heart. :'(

Edited by Viole

Ah, the Camus archetype. If you're into archetypes, that is. That's definitely a common theme in FE, though, so I'd be more surprised if we didn't get one.

When I first saw this thread I thought it said "Mufasa" instead of "Mustafa" and I was like "Really, we need even more dead parents?"

When I first saw this thread I thought it said "Mufasa" instead of "Mustafa" and I was like "Really, we need even more dead parents?"

I think that's also an archetype of its own though...

if we were to make 2 archetypes that are so similar we might aswell just stick to calling him a camus. camus fits well enough for mustafa (actually about 99%?) so I don't know what sort of difference it would make. gale, yen'fay and the pretentious camus that is fe12!astram don't act exactly like camus either, just really similarly.

EDIT: wait you're referring to the lords' parents, never mind

Edited by Gradivus.

I think that's also an archetype of its own though...

Pretty much, Cornelius, Rudolph(kinda), Vylon, Sigurd, Elbert, Fado, and Greil.

But yeah, Mustafa is pretty much Awakening's Camus. I expect FEif to have a Camus of some sort.

Maybe even two Camuses, with one always on the side you don't join.

It'd be awesome. I loved Mustafa, even though I keep calling him Mufasa.

The villains need more depth than being evil for the sake of all the young, pretty people in my army having something to stab.

Haha I do the same thing I actually thought this thread was about Mufasa.

But I digress there does need to be more Mustafa type bosses I feel like it helps the story deepen and develop the world a bit more especially when you read thier dialogue about whats going with their families the king and all.

If there is another like him, they need to not drop the ball like Awakening did, it made you feel genuinely bad, but for crying out loud do something with it.

Actually, I don't really think Mustafa was the greatest boss in that category. Some other "Camus Archetypes" did have a really important part to the plot. I'm not insensitive, but when I beat him, I didn't have that much tears (but I had some), and the "Please spare my men" comment... I already killed ALL his men...

It's ok to have a boss we can pity, but he/she should make a more relevant dying speech, and have a bit more background...

And I think the Camus Archetype should return, it doesn't make FE just being a war where you have to just obliterate the enemy.

By the way, I thought I were the only one misspelling his name, Thank you guys xD

...Has there ever been a game (or an FE setting) without a Camus archetype person in it?

Also, Luxian hit the nail on the head here. When comparing Camus archetype members, isn't Mustafa a really minor character in comparison to the roles the previous ones played in their games? He is actually a really poor example of what a Camus can do for the story.

@The Geek: Agreed. I definetly got that vibe from him as well.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Archetypes are pretty arbitrary, so I don't think you need to be too precise when defining them. I definitely think Mustafa fits better than Yen'fay, though, since Yen'fay actually had a reason for not joining your side that extended beyond "muh honor" (Yes, I am aware that "muh honor" was a very important thing for knights back then)

Like I said in the OP I think Mustafa having a minor role as a one-off boss made me sympathize with him even more than other Camus archetypes. Yes, characters like Selena or Camus tugged at my heart strings as well but the "hype" that they get before (and sometimes after) their deaths makes me less sympathetic... if that makes sense. Its almost as if they are portrayed to be the only enemies with good hearts/honour/whatever and everyone else on the enemy faction are heartless and evil. Mustafa on the other hand is never mentioned again after the one map he appears in, except in Henry's support conversations. Of course, I'd love it if there are more fleshed out Camuses as well as Mustafas.

So I guess I'm one of the few people who really didn't give a shit about Mustafa.

None of the bosses in Awakening stood out, imo, so Mustafa to me was another piece in the mediocre pile. I'm totally on board for sympathetic bosses, though, but I just hope they're handled better or given development.

I'd really like a new Mustafa, but unlike Mustafa, i'd like it if he/she was a little bit more involved in the plot. Mustafa was just a one-off but still effective. (Imo). If they expanded on that, then it would be better.

So I guess I'm one of the few people who really didn't give a shit about Mustafa.

None of the bosses in Awakening stood out, imo, so Mustafa to me was another piece in the mediocre pile. I'm totally on board for sympathetic bosses, though, but I just hope they're handled better or given development.

Mustafa should've appeared earlier, go the whole 'powerful boss who retreats' route for a map or something. He needs more development.

A few antagonists that you can sympathize with is always refreshing. Imagine a map where the player grievously wounds the enemy leader and his second in command leads the rest of the troops in a last stand so their liege lord can escape. You could even make it better by having SEVERAL non recruit-able named characters on the map who know each other to show that the enemy is not so different than the player's army. Alternatively, it could be an "Escape" map for the ENEMY, and you need to defeat them before the boss escapes.

Fire Emblem: Prepare to Cry Edition

Edited by NekoKnight

I have two issues with Mustafa:

1) Chrom never acknowledged Mustafa or any other Plegians after his death. Its like his chapter didn't happen at all. Even Marth offered to negotiate with Michalis after his ordeal with Camus.

2) Spoiler---

Emmeryn being alive kind of killed the whole point of his death, along with many other things...

A few antagonists that you can sympathize with is always refreshing. Imagine a map where the player grievously wounds the enemy leader and his second in command leads the rest of the troops in a last stand so their liege lord can escape. You could even make it better by having SEVERAL non recruit-able named characters on the map who know each other to show that the enemy is not so different than the player's army. Alternatively, it could be an "Escape" map for the ENEMY, and you need to defeat them before the boss escapes.

Fire Emblem: Prepare to Cry Edition

Yassss to this!

You could even make it better by having SEVERAL non recruit-able named characters on the map who know each other to show that the enemy is not so different than the player's army.

Normal mode: nothing different.

Hard mode: all enemies have unique names.

Lunatic mode: all enemies have unique names and mugs.

Lunatic+ mode: all enemies have unique names, mugs and death quotes.

Have. Fun.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Have. Fun.

When you beat the mission on Luntatic+, there is a black screen with big red words "SHAME ON YOU!" and then the save file deletes itself.

Fire Empathy

Edited by NekoKnight

Have. Fun.

So...

Basically what you see on DLCs? lol

I'd prefer if they were present in the plot for more than one chapter or built up like Camus or Eltshan, but sure, I'd like to see them. I get the feeling we might have several if they are doing what I think they're doing and neither side is truly evil or whatever.