Who could Ike's wife be?

I'm pretty much with Jave when it comes to Ike/Titania. It's not the age gap (because, yes, I know people in my family with that age gap, and we're talking about adults not a minor/adult pairing) and Intelligent Systems has done it before, which means that they aren't afraid to make it happen in future cases (like if Ike/Titania pairing was possible). They have a precedence.

I just don't see it for personality reasons and how I think Titania would always act like a surrogate mother to Ike even if he got older. But what is this argument about the age gap? Really? A 10-year gap between adults is that creepy?

Ehh.

I'd say that Boyd is around the same age as Ike. And Mist is stated to be older than she looks, and only be 2-3 years younger than Ike, iirc.

I was thinking in PoR that Mist is around 15 and Boyd is like 17-18, so about Ike's age. I mean, the age gap here compared to the Ike/Titania pairing is far shorter.

Yeah, I don't see the fuss over Mist/Boyd's age gap either.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mist is 14 in PoR and 17 in RD. She looks it, imo. And given my track record for guessing the ages of FE characters (I guessed Ike, Chrom, Lissa, AND Emmeryn all correctly), I could definitely be correct here.

And I agree with Radiant Head that Lucia x Elincia makes no sense because of the sisters thing. And by this logic, Elincia and Geoffrey should consider themselves to be like sister and brother as well. Elincia grew up with both of them, so if she considers one sibling to be her sibling, why not the other? So where the idea of Geoffrey x Elincia came from, I'll never know. I'm usually a sucker for childhood friend pairings... But the sibling figure thing is also there in this case.

So that leaves Ike x Elincia as Elincia's most reasonable pairing, in my opinion. One reason I ship it. Other reasons include them being cute together, they're the classic hero x princess thing that I've always been fond of, and I always pictured them having a Disney-esque story full of feels, triumphs over difficult hurdles, and touching moments if they could get together. :3

EDIT: Seth doesn't look much older than Eirika, imo. It's hardly anymore offending than Geoffrey x Elincia (the former looks the same age as Seth, imo) in terms of an age gap.

Edited by Anacybele

Transitive property doesn't apply to Elincia and Geoffrey. Elincia and Lucia might be like sisters, but that doesn't automatically mean Elincia has the exact same relationship with Geoffrey just because he's Lucia's brother.

It's not just because he's Lucia's brother. He was also Elincia's milk sibling. All three of them grew up together, like I said. Having them marry would be like me marrying one of my step brothers because we grew up together despite not actually being related.

I always thought Seth looked like he was in his late 20's-Early 30's. It takes a while to get to his position, I doubt someone Eirika's age (around 17) could be the one knight King Fado trusted with the Bracelet secret and Eirika's safe evacuation.

It's not just because he's Lucia's brother. He was also Elincia's milk sibling. All three of them grew up together, like I said. Having them marry would be like me marrying one of my step brothers because we grew up together despite not actually being related.

Growing up together doesn't automatically mean they have the same sibling relationship that Elincia and Lucia have. It just means they lived under the same roof for a while, but doesn't automatically define what kind of relationship they might have had growing up. I also can't see how milk is relevant to their adult lives.

Edited by Radiant head

The term "milk sibling" doesn't have anything to do with actual milk. :facepalm:

It's just another term for a foster sibling or step sibling. Which both Lucia and Geoffrey are to Elincia. I don't see how Elincia could have a totally different relationship with Geoffrey when she lived the same life with him and his sister together.

I always thought Seth looked like he was in his late 20's-Early 30's. It takes a while to get to his position, I doubt someone Eirika's age (around 17) could be the one knight King Fado trusted with the Bracelet secret and Eirika's safe evacuation.

This. I'd say Seth is in his mid-30's or early 30's.

My Aunt married a man 15 years older than her. Nobody questioned this, and they were happily married until he unexpectedly died a few years ago.

Honestly, some of these "age gap" comments kinda rub me the wrong way. Is it REALLY that creepy to some of you?

The term "milk sibling" doesn't have anything to do with actual milk. :facepalm:

It's just another term for a foster sibling or step sibling. Which both Lucia and Geoffrey are to Elincia. I don't see how Elincia could have a totally different relationship with Geoffrey when she lived the same life with him and his sister together.

I thought milk sibling specifically means they breast fed from the same person.

And no, they didn't live the same life; Geoffrey and Lucia are completely different people who have their own life experiences and interpersonal relationships. Living under the same roof doesn't magically them the same relationships. There's no reason why all three of them have to be equally close to each other.

Edited by Radiant head

I don't think so, as Elincia has to be at least a few years younger than both of them. Lucia and Geoffrey's mother wouldn't have any breast milk left to feed her. Elincia's mom was still alive then too.

You're taking what I'm saying too literally. Elincia spent her childhood with both of them, who were her foster/step/milk siblings, but only considers one to be her sibling herself? This is what doesn't make sense to me.

It's just how I feel and is one of the reasons I don't like Geoffrey x Elincia. I also don't like Geoffrey himself much, and despite his fairly good looks, I always felt that Ike had him beat in everything as a man and character, including looks. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'm pretty sure milk sibling is someone you breast fed with. The only unrelated by blood characters expressly said to have this relationship are Roy and Wolt from FE6, to my knowledge.

And it is >.>

Milk kinship, formed during nursing by a non-biological mother, was a form of fostering allegiance with fellow community members. This particular form of kinship did not exclude particular groups, such that class and other hierarchal systems did not matter in terms of milk kinship participation.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

You're taking what I'm saying too literally. Elincia spent her childhood with both of them, who were her foster/step/milk siblings, but only considers one to be her sibling herself? This is what doesn't make sense to me.

It's just how I feel and is one of the reasons I don't like Geoffrey x Elincia. I also don't like Geoffrey himself much, and despite his fairly good looks, I always felt that Ike had him beat in everything as a man and character, including looks. :P

There's no reason Elincia couldn't have formed different types of bonds between Lucia and Geoffrey. We don't know how the three exactly spend their time growing up.

I feel like there's only one reason you don't like Geoffrey x Elincia and it begats all the other reasons.

Edited by Radiant head

It's not though. It's impossible for this to have happened between Lucia and Geoffrey and Elincia because of what I just said.

It's the meaning of the term. Elincia is the same age as both of them (or at least one if they aren't twins) if they're milk siblings.

Roy was breast fed by Rebecca alongside Wolt, so they are an example of milk siblings. If Geoffrey and Lucia's mother did not breast feed Elincia, they are not milk siblings.

I feel like there's only one reason you don't like Geoffrey x Elincia and it begats all the other reasons.

lol, if you think I dislike it simply because it would "get in the way" of Ike x Elincia, you're wrong. Because by that logic, I should hate Ike x Lethe or any other Ike pairing not involving Mia (since I've already stated that I don't like Ike x Mia). And I don't. I'd be perfectly fine with him being with Lethe or an unnamed village girl (if she's loving, cool, kind, and pretty).

And I still feel that Elincia thinks of Geoffrey more like a brother. Geoffrey seems to be in love with her, at least for a time, but I always saw this as one-sided.

lol, if you think I dislike it simply because it would "get in the way" of Ike x Elincia, you're wrong. Because by that logic, I should hate Ike x Lethe or any other Ike pairing not involving Mia (since I've already stated that I don't like Ike x Mia). And I don't. I'd be perfectly fine with him being with Lethe or an unnamed village girl (if she's loving, cool, kind, and pretty).

It's not by that logic, because Ike x Lethe or any other Ike pairing aren't canon the way Geoffrey x Elincia is.

Edited by Radiant head

It's only canon if you use that ending though. The player still has the option not to use it, especially since it doesn't have a default A support like a certain Light Mage and thief do. Sure, I've always hated that it's an option at all, but it's hardly the only reason I don't like the pairing. Even before I knew it was an option, I never expected it to become a thing because I just didn't see it happening.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Mist is 14 in PoR and 17 in RD. She looks it, imo. And given my track record for guessing the ages of FE characters (I guessed Chrom, Lissa, AND Emmeryn all correctly), I could definitely be correct here.

That's arguing for just a year off from what I said. It will hardly make much of a difference if considering Boyd is about Ike's age.

Growing up together doesn't automatically mean they have the same sibling relationship that Elincia and Lucia have. It just means they lived under the same roof for a while, but doesn't automatically define what kind of relationship they might have had growing up. I also can't see how milk is relevant to their adult lives.

"Milk siblings" is a term to mean that the children are not related but they were raised on the same milk, in a literal sense. Its intention was to forge bonds between families unrelated to each other.

But no. I'm a bit mixed with Elincia/Geoffrey just because I'm not really knowledgeable on foster siblings/stepsiblings/milk siblings. They're not related so true incest can't apply here. I usually end up stamping them with the "they're adults" seal. They should know the implications of the relationship even if from a milk sibling standpoint and I'm going to treat them like adults--as in, they can make their own choices. And sometimes, yes, I don't see how they can't be like if they were just childhood friends. Even childhood friends' parents might treat the other child like as though they're a part of the family.

It's not though. It's impossible for this to have happened between Lucia and Geoffrey and Elincia because of what I just said.

The game uses "milk siblings," which does entail feeding by milk. If the game just said "raised by their (Geoffrey and Lucia's) parents" that's a different case entirely. The localization/possibly original Japanese script actually went for the term "milk siblings." That's very hard to argue because it is that specific of a term.

The fact is that the ending possibility exists, which can't be said for Ike x Elincia or any other Ike pairing.

And that still doesn't matter. There are other reasons I dislike the pairing, end of story. I'm not denying that it getting in the way of Ike x Elincia is ONE reason, but it's hardly the only reason. I disliked the pairing before I knew it was an option. I mean, I was shocked as hell to hear that Ike couldn't marry Elincia. I totally thought it was going to happen, though I suppose the blame for that can partly be placed on NoA for teasing the pairing when it wasn't so teased in the original script. Still, things like the ending cutscene exist, and that was a big factor in my love of the pairing.

Dual Dragons: I still don't see how or why Elincia would've been breast fed by Geoffrey and Lucia's mom when her own mom was still alive. But maybe she breast fed from both, now that I think about it. Who knows.

I don't think so, as Elincia has to be at least a few years younger than both of them. Lucia and Geoffrey's mother wouldn't have any breast milk left to feed her. Elincia's mom was still alive then too.

I honestly don't know where you're getting the idea that Elincia is a few years younger than both Lucia and Geoffrey, Ana. If my memory of PoR/RD script is correct:

>Elincia is only Lucia's milk sibling. Not Geoffrey's.

>It is stated somewhere in RD script that Lucia is the older of her and Geoffrey.

>If Elincia and Lucia shared milk from the same woman, they were likely close in age. Likely no more than a year apart.

>If Elincia and Lucia are close to the same age and Lucia is Geoffrey's older sister, Elincia is likely older than Geoffrey.

So … yeah, I don't see this "Elincia has to be a few years younger" thing.

EDIT: Also, milk siblings is a thing because most nobility considered it "beneath" them to breastfeed their own kids.

Edited by Sunwoo

That's arguing for just a year off from what I said. It will hardly make much of a difference if considering Boyd is about Ike's age.

"Milk siblings" is a term to mean that the children are not related but they were raised on the same milk, in a literal sense. Its intention was to forge bonds between families unrelated to each other.

But no. I'm a bit mixed with Elincia/Geoffrey just because I'm not really knowledgeable on foster siblings/stepsiblings/milk siblings. They're not related so true incest can't apply here. I usually end up stamping them with the "they're adults" seal. They should know the implications of the relationship even if from a milk sibling standpoint and I'm going to treat them like adults--as in, they can make their own choices. And sometimes, yes, I don't see how they can't be like if they were just childhood friends. Even childhood friends' parents might treat the other child like as though they're a part of the family.

Yeah, I mean I grew up with three girls because our parents were super-super close, and I think of them as siblings.

But that's just my experience, and there's no reason Elincia or Geoffrey had to have the same experience. It's entirely possible that Elincia spent way more time with Lucia than with Geoffrey. I mean we're talking about a princess who grew up in secret, not a typical, modern suburban family. Their daily schedules may have been so that Elincia didn't develop the same relationship with Geoffrey that she did with Lucia.

Though even if that's not true, the childhood friend romance thing is a cliche in anime/manga/jrpg's. It might be weird to me, but it's not weird in that cultural norm.

Edited by Radiant head