Who could Ike's wife be?

What the fuck! Yes, it is racist, because the reason hypothetical you is not liking the relationship is race. Discrimination based on the colour of your skin or ethnicity is racism. Also, ever heard of microaggressions and causal racism/homophobia? Fucking educate yourself.

hi chill out thank you

OTHER POSTERS: please end this homophobia/racism derail. thank you.

EDIT: this is not a suggestion.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi chill out thank you

OTHER POSTERS: please end this homophobia/racism derail. thank you.

EDIT: this is not a suggestion.

Alrighty, future doctor.

(Ana, if you wish to continue this discussion, you're always free to PM me).

On topic stuff:

Does anyone think the unnamed girl could be a character from the Archaneia, Valencia, or Jugdral games?

I was just about to post something, but you came in before I could, Integrity. Good idea.

So... since Ike's wife is most likely a woman we've never seen, what do you imagine her to be like? Obviously, she must be something special to win this guy over. I would think she's loving and kind of course, but I also think Ike's wife is a great cook, given his appetite and love of meat. As the old saying goes, the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. lol

Anyway, she's probably a soldier or fellow mercenary too, or at least knows how to fight, as I don't see Ike interacting with normal common women much. She could also even be a noble, despite Ike's general dislike for them. He DOES trust some, after all, since he's befriended and allied with a few. A noble would have duties in their territory too, so this could explain why Ike never returned to Tellius. He decided to stay with his love. In fact, I always felt that Ike getting paired with a noble could help his character growth (one of the many reasons for my shipping Ike x Elincia).

EDIT: Glaceon: if I ever feel the need to, sure.

Edited by Anacybele

I wish it could have been Elincia. But she married Geoffrey with A support. Damn it, Geoffrey.

But he was never seen again, so I assume it was someone not on Tellius, because Ike left the contient to explore other lands.

Not necessarily. Ike and his wife could have more than one child. One child takes up the duties of the noble bloodline, another does their own thing and Priam comes from there.

Maxwell: My thoughts exactly. Damn it Ike for not taking his chance, damn it Geoffrey for being able to take it. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Not necessarily. Ike and his wife could have more than one child. One child takes up the duties of the noble bloodline, another does their own thing and Priam comes from there.

Maxwell: My thoughts exactly. Damn it Ike for not taking his chance, damn it Geoffrey for being able to take it. xP

Kinda overlaps with the "Ike is one of Chrom's non-Marth ancestors" theory to say the least.

Whoever said the second/third/whichever child had to leave the palace/castle/whatever? Their children could be the ones that travel around. Or their grandchildren. Or their great-grandchildren. Priam is waaay far down in Ike's line.

Kinda overlaps with the "Ike is one of Chrom's non-Marth ancestors" theory to say the least.

I'd be cool with that theory, but I think if Chrom was also descended from Ike, he'd know it and it would be mentioned. He knows Ike existed, so why wouldn't he also know that he's one of his ancestors?

Not sure if it's me only but... I never felt or sensed any romance tension between the two. (There's probably something in the support conversation, although I've never supported Elincia with Goeffrey to read that.)

I've played Radiant Dawn numerous times. Perhaps I didn't see it well enough, but the relationship between Elincia and Geoffrey... can't say it was romantic.

She most likely married him because... well, a queen needs a husband and legitimate child to take the throne. But she probably loved him too. Not sure. Like I said, didn't read the support conversation, and I never saw the romance.

I don't see why said ancestor wouldn't stay in the palace even without the inheritance.

Unless he was like, super opposed to nobility.

I'd say it's possible. Ike himself isn't one to like the noble lifestyle. The same mentality could be passed to a child. They can stay or go.

I'm not sure if IS has precedence for a character doing it, though.

I'd be cool with that theory, but I think if Chrom was also descended from Ike, he'd know it and it would be mentioned. He knows Ike existed, so why wouldn't he also know that he's one of his ancestors?

For the sake of just Awakening's story, Ike never needs to be mentioned. It's more necessary to talk about Marth because Chrom has the Falchion.

Guys, stop using the word "theory" wrong It's a hypothesis that has yet to be confirmed true or false--but at least it has a basis that Chrom and Lucina get Aether.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Maxwell: Don't worry, I understand. I read the whole support and played through all of RD and still didn't sense anything except one-sided crushing from Geoffrey. Others have argued to me that there's more than that there, but people will interpret things differently, after all. You and I interpreted it one way, others did so another.

EDIT: Joshua pretty much left behind his royal life in Sacred Stones. He CAN go back to it, but that's only in Eirika's route. His lineage doesn't even get mentioned in Ephraim's.

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: Joshua pretty much left behind his royal life in Sacred Stones. He CAN go back to it, but that's only in Eirika's route. His lineage doesn't even get mentioned in Ephraim's.

Yeah but from what I recall Joshua stated he left to get to know his people and he always intended to return. It just happened too late. It's a little different for Ike who gives up his nobility just because he doesn't feel like he's fit for it. But that is also different from Ike giving up his family because of whatever reason he might have had...

For the sake of just Awakening's story, Ike never needs to be mentioned. It's more necessary to talk about Marth because Chrom has the Falchion.

Guys, stop using the word "theory" wrong It's a hypothesis that has yet to be confirmed true or false--but at least it has a basis that Chrom and Lucina get Aether.

Nah, that's better explained by Aether being a learned skill.

Ike is a figure of legend in Awakening, so I can imagine that Aether was also a skill of legend that lords try to figure out.

Edited by Radiant head

Nah, that's better explained by Aether being a learned skill.

Ike is a figure of legend in Awakening, so I can imagine that Aether was also a skill of legend that lords try to figure out.

I guess? But Charm is Lord-locked and is pretty much FE4's Charisma (slightly different icon and lowered effect). That's on Lachesis and Laylea (who's a substitute character).

I mean, if that same explanation can be used here then sure?

Yeah but from what I recall Joshua stated he left to get to know his people and he always intended to return. It just happened too late. It's a little different for Ike who gives up his nobility just because he doesn't feel like he's fit for it. But that is also different from Ike giving up his family because of whatever reason he might have had...

Ah, I see. I never did play Eirika's route, just know what I've read on it. I don't play her route because I don't like her much and Ephraim is win. :P

If Ike was gay why would he desire to reproduce with a female Soren? At best Ike is Bi unless you desire to take the beer/female raped him route.

Poor, poor Ike if the latter happened. :( Normally, I'd say no female could really overpower him (few men would be able to do so either, methinks), but if Ike is weakened by somebody slipping him a mickey...

Edited by Anacybele

He is? Well, no wonder Chrom is also able to use Tyrfing!

1256151762403.png

Ah, I see. I never did play Eirika's route, just know what I've read on it. I don't play her route because I don't like her much and Ephraim is win. :P

Eirika route is more story based

And you get earlier Innes which is splendid.

If Ike was gay why would he desire to reproduce with a female Soren? At best Ike is Bi unless you desire to take the beer/female raped him route.

Why not take the far more likely Priam is full of shit route? It eliminates the need to find a female partner for Ike while dodging around everything the Tellius saga set up with him.

Ike is almost all but stated to be chaste at the absolute least, if not outright asexual. He shows zero interest in any female romantically, and seemed to be pretty averse to any female showing that kind of interest in him (see: Aimee)

Besides that, I honestly like the theory that Priam is descended from Ike's student/adopted child, if he absolutely has to be somewhat related to Ike. I can never see him having any biological children and forcing a woman on him just so that he can be related to Priam is just awful.

But if Priam was just "full of shit" that would be a big trolling by IS. They make him look kind of like Ike, give him Ragnell, give him a love of meat, give him a quote that says "For the Blue Flame!" and name his paralogue after Ike, and then just say "SIKE! Priam's just lying!" sounds pretty cruel to me, especially to Ike fans and definitely especially to Ike fans that prefer to ship him with a female.