Who could Ike's wife be?

Honestly, I see the relationship between Ike and Soren to be pretty similar to the one between Elincia and Lucia. The fact that Ike's affection is compared to his affection to people he's related to makes me think that even more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that work? He can't like Soren because he isn't into relationships, but he might secretly want a relationship with Elincia?

The only time Ike does express feelings of deep affection to someone not related to him is towards Soren. Now you can interpret this as friendly affection if you want to, but IMO it was intended by the writers to be a little stronger.

I said Ike isn't into relationships UNLESS he has hidden feelings for Elincia. Not that he has both going on at the same time. That just wouldn't make sense. xP

I don't recall Ike ever showing "deep affection" towards Soren. Only that he respects him a lot and simply cares about him. Like Radiant Head said, I feel it's more like Elincia and Lucia's relationship, but between two guys instead of two girls.

Edited by Anacybele

I never said he wasn't allowed to. It's just unlikely now that Priam exists.

Personally, I don't want him to be gay. I don't hate gay people, I just don't like the idea of homosexuality.

Edited by Anacybele

Wherever he went, he left his sister behind, and the rest of the Greil Mercenaries (whom he had been brought up to also regard as his family). I don't think it would be out of character for Ike not to have any particular inclination to start a new family after leaving behind his old family.

I never said he wasn't allowed to. It's just unlikely now that Priam exists.

Personally, I don't want him to be gay. I don't hate gay people, I just don't like the idea of homosexuality.

"Soren could be, but Ike most certainly not" sounds more than "just unlikely"

Not that anyone even knows for certain what Priam's lineage is. It wouldn't be the first time someone in FE has lied about themselves.

So... you don't like the idea if two people loving each other just because they have the same sex?

So, why is Ike somehow not allowed to be gay?

Priam.

That is basically it.

No reason why he couldn't be gay, since that wouldn't stop him from getting someone pregnant; it would only make it less enjoyable for him than if he were straight.

Wow

Just...wow

I see no reason why he would even... um...

Let's ignore this post.

Wherever he went, he left his sister behind, and the rest of the Greil Mercenaries (whom he had been brought up to also regard as his family). I don't think it would be out of character for Ike not to have any particular inclination to start a new family after leaving behind his old family.

Then he wouldn't have any reason to try getting any women pregnant at all.

"Soren could be, but Ike most certainly not" sounds more than "just unlikely"

Not that anyone even knows for certain what Priam's lineage is. It wouldn't be the first time someone in FE has lied about themselves.

So... you don't like the idea if two people loving each other just because they have the same sex?

Well, I think it's quite unlikely, actually. Should've clarified this, sorry.

Hence why I said "unlikely" and not "impossible."

I don't like the idea of two people of the same gender loving one another THAT way. And I see no problem with this as long as I'm not hating on gay/lesbian people and such.

Then he wouldn't have any reason to try getting any women pregnant at all.

I don't like the idea of two people of the same gender loving one another THAT way. And I see no problem with this as long as I'm not hating on gay/lesbian people and such.

Exactly :V

psst

PSST

That's still homophobic

Exactly :V

psst

PSST

That's still homophobic

Um, no, it's not. I'm not into yaoi, yuri, or shipping gay/lesbian pairings. How does that equate to hating and being afraid of homosexual people, which is what homophobia is?

Besides, I actually think Heather is lesbian, so I would ship her with a woman.

Unless she wanted a child more than he did, and was particularly attracted to him.

That's still not in Ike's character. He would never conceive a child that he wasn't going to care for.

Edited by Anacybele

I think there's a big difference between disliking yoai and yuri and being homophobic

I'm bisexual myself, yet I refuse to read yoai (yuri doesn't bother me so much though). I have a few gay male friends irl and we get along just fine.

I've had gay and lesbian friends too. In fact, I still do.

And exactly, there's a difference between homophobia and not being into things like yaoi and yuri.

Yeah I'm kinda sensitive to people being called homophobe willy nilly. I've been called homophobic before, despite knowing and accepting my own sexuality, so yeah.

Though you might want to work on your wording a bit. You did sound a bit homophobic, just say you dislike yaoi/yuri next time.

What do you mean? I don't see how not liking the idea of two people of the same gender loving each other romantically is homophobic at all. I may not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically hate a gay/lesbian person for it. I'm friends with someone who's totally into yaoi. I'm friends with a lesbian. I was friends with a gay guy and a bi guy a long time ago.

I don't like the idea of Geoffrey x Elincia, but I'm not going to hate fans of the pairing for it. I don't hate Kon or anyone else that likes it (although I will dislike them if they shove the pairing in everyone's faces or something. I wouldn't do this with Ike x Elincia, at least not intentionally, so I don't want it done to me with a pairing I don't like).

I won't try to stop anybody from loving who they want to, whether I like who they love or not. Love makes the world go round, after all.

Edited by Anacybele

What do you mean? I don't see how not liking the idea of two people of the same gender loving each other romantically is homophobic at all. I may not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to automatically hate a gay/lesbian person for it. I'm friends with someone who's totally into yaoi. I'm friends with a lesbian. I was friends with a gay guy and a bi guy a long time ago.

I don't like the idea of Geoffrey x Elincia, but I'm not going to hate fans of the pairing for it. I don't hate Kon or anyone else that likes it (although I will dislike them if they shove the pairing in everyone's faces or something. I wouldn't do this with Ike x Elincia, at least not intentionally, so I don't want it done to me with a pairing I don't like).

I won't try to stop anybody from loving who they want to, whether I like who they love or not. Love makes the world go round, after all.

The way you worded it made it sound like you afraid of homosexuality as a concept, and not just rabid yaoi/yuri fans.

I don't like the idea of two people of the same gender loving one another THAT way.

Specifically, this line here. I understand it wasn't intended to sound homophobic, but it really does come across that way.

The wording is very general, which causes it to seem to stretch beyond fictional work and into reality.

People could pretty easily take offence to this, especially with homosexual marriage being a huge issue in US right now.

I'm not trying to accuse you, just advising you to be a bit more careful

Well, alright then, fair enough. Although admittedly, I would like Ike a bit less if he was confirmed to be gay. That's just how it is. I don't think his sexuality will really ever be confirmed though. Even if he did marry a woman, he could still be bi, not straight. So yeah.

It kind of is though.

Let's try something here and replace same gender and homosexuality with something else.

What do you mean? I don't see how not liking the idea of two people of different races loving each other romantically is racist at all.

Now, how does that sound?

No, his sexuality is not confirmed.

He's probably bi, since Priam exists yet he gets a lot of hints with Soren.

I only see these "hints" as one-sided on Soren's part, personally.

Now, how does that sound?

Not racist at all. Being racist is hating one or more other races. Not disliking two people of different races getting together.

Not racist at all. Being racist is hating one or more other races. Not disliking two people of different races getting together.

What the fuck! Yes, it is racist, because the reason hypothetical you is not liking the relationship is race. Discrimination based on the colour of your skin or ethnicity is racism. Also, ever heard of microaggressions and causal racism/homophobia? Fucking educate yourself.