• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because an answer you can have, no problem!

I hope I can put my thoughts out coherently, but bear with me on this one.

The thing about Azura is that I really, really hate it when a game advertises a character to me, constantly going on and on about how awesome and amazing and beautiful she is (same with the other Fates Royals, really). I was always allergic to that kind of stuff, since I want to decide which character I like, not have the game/show/movie/book decide for me. Same with her being Corrin's implied love interest. And to be quite honest, I don't even think she's that beautiful. Especially her portrait in game just looks... off.
The second thing is that she is one of those """""mysterious""""" characters. I see her as being mysterious and vague for the sake of it, and that is another thing I really dislike.
She basically exists to tell you "Ay, buy dat DLC, bro!", and in said DLC, she's an exposition fairy, nothing else. And that's the thing, for how hyped she is in-game and for how annoyingly omnipresent she is in the story, her character is just really dull and forgettable. I couldn't tell you a single thing about her other than "she's 'mYsTErIoUs'".
Also, there is that one moment during Chapter 6 of Revelation that really sealed it for me: when she suggested that "Maybe attacking both armies at once will make them listen to us! Herp-derp!" Yes, because showing hostility to already riled up armies is a way to start conversations. /s

Really the only good thing I can find about her is her voice actress.

Sorry for the rant.

Banned because thank you for explaining. It didn't sound like a rant at all. Makes perfect sense to me. Sorry to make you got to the trouble of writing it.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because thank you for explaining. It didn't sound like a rant at all. Makes perfect sense to me. Sorry to make you got to the trouble of writing it.

Banned because you're welcome!
And there's no need to apologize, really! I just hope I didn't come across as too hostile, because that tends to happen when I'm talking about stuff I don't like.

Banned because no, actually. It was a lucky crit from a myrmidon. And as I was finishing up the chapter as well. It had been going so smoothly too, but I know that this is the last chapter with the Silver army, so I'm not concerned about going back. At least I got Stefan out of it.

Banned because I did have a few lower tier units end up being better than I had expected though. Brom became an absolute tank and Danved ended up being surprisingly good as well. I gave him Paragon back in Part 2 and that gave him enough extra exp to become really useful in 4-1.

Banned because they all did, in a way.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because I did have a few lower tier units end up being better than I had expected though. Brom became an absolute tank and Danved ended up being surprisingly good as well. I gave him Paragon back in Part 2 and that gave him enough extra exp to become really useful in 4-1.

Sounds great! I like using Brom, actually, but that's more connected to the fact that I like his personality.
I never really used Danved, I must confess, so I can't comment on him, but I can imagine he can be good with the right setup, too!