Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sidereal Wraith

• Sooks

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm the one who should apologize for even mentioning it

Banned for being objectively wrong.

Also banned because am I weird for thinking that clothes don't matter?

And and extra ban for him being such a kind and considerate person.

ninja'd

Just now, Benice said:

Also banned because am I weird for thinking that clothes don't matter?

In what sense? If you're talking nudity, then...well, it's certainly an uncommon opinion.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

In what sense? If you're talking nudity, then...well, it's certainly an uncommon opinion.

No, more like what we wear doesn't matter. I'm asking 'cause we had a debate about school uniforms today in class and everyone seemed to think it was bad because it doesn't let you express yourself, but I don't really get that-If I randomly decided to wear a skirt to school tomorrow, what about me would change? Nothing but the way society perceives me. What people really see me as should be defined by how I act, not what I dress like, hence why I alone thought that school uniforms are a good idea, since it removes the classism that otherwise goes on, (Such as people who can afford popular brands of clothing vs. those who can't or choose not to) and brings everyone to the same level-it is our actions that forms our identity. Well, that and the fact that studies have shown that school uniforms reduce bullying.

But I dunno, I am pretty strange.

Banned because oh, I see what you mean.

Well, that's a deep topic, but I'd say that what you wear shouldn't matter in relation to how people judge you. At the same time, I can also appreciate the desire to express one's self through what you wear. Balance is key, I guess?

In a school setting however, I'd say that uniforms are probably better, since people won't be judging each other for their clothes as you mentioned.

That may or not make sense. My brain is pudding right now.

Banned because looks like I'm missing band today...That sucks, ah well.

And also banned because pudding is making me hungry.

Banned because wat? OOOOOhhhh, wait, that Space channel 5 character?

EDIT: Wait, no, I think that's something else. I can't brain.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

No, more like what we wear doesn't matter. I'm asking 'cause we had a debate about school uniforms today in class and everyone seemed to think it was bad because it doesn't let you express yourself, but I don't really get that-If I randomly decided to wear a skirt to school tomorrow, what about me would change? Nothing but the way society perceives me. What people really see me as should be defined by how I act, not what I dress like, hence why I alone thought that school uniforms are a good idea, since it removes the classism that otherwise goes on, (Such as people who can afford popular brands of clothing vs. those who can't or choose not to) and brings everyone to the same level-it is our actions that forms our identity. Well, that and the fact that studies have shown that school uniforms reduce bullying.

But I dunno, I am pretty strange.

Banned because self expression isn’t about what other people think about you, it’s about wearing what you want to wear in order to express your fashion. Putting together outfits that speak to you is like creating, in its own little way.